KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oscars 2023

Oscars 2023
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Also the Oscars are for retards and child molesters.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2023 12:19 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

needlessly edgy for sure, but i agree with the general point.

just a little reminder to everyone that goodfellas lost to dances with f*cking wolves. seriously f*ck the oscars i don't care who wins

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2023 12:43 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Amusing silliness aside, Everything Everywhere All At Once was terrible. I'm kind of astonished that it has a Best Picture nom.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2023 03:22 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Amusing silliness aside, Everything Everywhere All At Once was terrible. I'm kind of astonished that it has a Best Picture nom.

^^^Change that to Avatar the Water Park and I feel the same way.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2023 01:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm... Triangle of Sadness ended just as it was getting good. So that was frustrating. 6/10

Oh, and it needed more Woody Harrelson. The Beach is a comparable and better film, imo.

I've got a long ways to go. I just finished Top Gun 1986, so might do Maverick next...

All Quiet on the Western Front
-

The Banshees of Inisherin -

Elvis -

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 4/10

The Fabelmans - 9/10

Tár -

Top Gun: Maverick -

Triangle of Sadness - 6/10

Women Talking -

Old Post Jan 27th, 2023 03:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

My only gripe with Everything Everywhere All at Once is that it went on too long near the end, Could've wrapped it up sooner.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2023 08:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Everything Everywhere Much too Long?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2023 10:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fraser is a shoe-in.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2023 12:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Impediment
Fraser is a shoe-in.

Yeah, after seeing The Whale I think it will be insane if he doesn't win for that performance.

I actually think the movie is massively snubbed for not having a Best Pic nom, too. So it at least deserves the Best Actor win.

This is really cool...

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 04:58 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up spot on!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 06:19 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

You people are clearly all massive racists against the Chinese. Only explanation.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 06:21 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
You people are clearly all massive racists against the Chinese. Only explanation.
laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 06:21 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I just don't take kindly to mocking high-concept sci-fi.

I'm a big Matrix fan, and maybe it was meant as sort of an homage? But it didn't work.

I checked out probably about halfway through and just forced myself to finish. Just to see the train wreck.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 30th, 2023 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 06:28 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just don't take kindly to mocking high-concept sci-fi.

I'm a big Matrix fan, and maybe it was meant as sort of an homage? But it didn't work.

I checked out probably about halfway through and just forced myself to finish. Just to see the train wreck.
it was stitty, but not anything else for me. I don't thinking it was mocking as much as a satirical homage, borrowing from the one, matrix and too many other films and TV shows to mention.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 06:41 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I almost forgot... Thirteen Lives was totally snubbed this year...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...umid%3A2

Old Post Jan 30th, 2023 08:07 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched Tar. I didn't particularly care for it. It's more of a slow character study instead of an actual movie. Kate Blanchett is good, of course (I've always like her), but it didn't deserve a best pic nom..

5-6/10

Old Post Feb 10th, 2023 11:06 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

All Quiet on the Western Front - 10/10

The Banshees of Inisherin - 8/10

Elvis - 7/10

Everything Everywhere All at Once - 4/10

The Fabelmans - 9/10

Tár - 6/10

Top Gun: Maverick - 7/10

Triangle of Sadness - 7/10

Women Talking - not available yet

Old Post Feb 13th, 2023 03:10 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Women Talking - 8/10

Old Post Mar 1st, 2023 01:53 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

EO (2022)

Donkey movie. The donkey deserves a nomination for Best Actor. (This is a best international film nominee).

Old Post Mar 1st, 2023 01:55 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I gave a half-assed attempt to watch some of The Quiet Girl. It might get more interesting, but I think I'm starting to get a little burnt out on watching Oscar films.

I still want to try to watch Living with Bill Nighy.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2023 01:15 AM