SpiderMan 2 Opens June 30, Plans For SpiderMan 3[Thursday, March 25th, 2004]
Sony Pictures say they will release SpiderMan 2 on June 30, two days earlier than originally planned, according to Variety. The studio also confirmed that they have plans to make a third installment in the comicbook-inspired series.
The announcements were made at ShoWest, where the studio was promoting the sequel. At the session they presented an extended clip of SpiderMan 2, which is hoped to outperform the original.
The original 'SpiderMan' broke records when it made $114.8 million over its three-day opening in May. For the sequel, Sony has chosen a summer release with a 4-day weekend. Other studios are expected to avoid the July 2 weekend, under the assumption SpiderMan 2 will dominate the market.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]