Brett Ratner Takes Over To Direct 'X-Men 3'[Monday, June 6th, 2005]
Brett Ratner is to replace Matthew Vaughn as the director of X-Men 3, according to Variety.
Vaughn dropped out less than a week ago. Official reason was that the Layer Cake director didn't want to uproot his family, but it appears the exit followed his growing apprehension about taking on such a large assignment in his second outing.
A comicbook enthusiast, Ratner was among the helmers considered to direct the first X-Men; the job went to Bryan Singer.
Ratner then spent a full year developing Superman Returns, the film that ultimately prompted Singer to drop out of directing X-Men 3.
Hiring keeps the film on track for an August start date and a Memorial Day weekend 2006 opening date.
• Spike Lee Is To Direct James Brown Bio [MORE >>]
• Harrison Ford To Star As Indy In 'May 2008' [MORE >>]
• Ian McKellen As Narrator In Fantasy 'Stardust' [MORE >>]
• Jason Bateman In 'Tonight, He Comes' [MORE >>]
• Masi Oka To Come Into Casino Movie '21' [MORE >>]
• Angelina Jolie Confirms 'Sin City 2' Talks [MORE >>]
• Ben Stiller Planning 'Zoolander 2' Return [MORE >>]
• Jason Lee To Star In 'Krater' Comedy [MORE >>]
• Weinstein Co. To Make 'Alex & Ironic Gentleman' [MORE >>]
• Dimension Films Takes On 'Storm Warning' [MORE >>]
• Sandra Bullock In Comedy 'One Of The Guys' [MORE >>]
• John C. Reilly In Parody 'Walk Hard' [MORE >>]
• Sam Raimi To Produce 'The Shadow' [MORE >>]
• Goldberg To Write Remake 'Since Walker Left' [MORE >>]
• Andre 3000 Joins 'Semi-Pro' Comedy [MORE >>]