Kyle vs Hal (Battle for Green Lantern Supremacy)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t517660.html
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2605/glkyle2gy2.jpg

VS

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t492342.html
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1755/green20lantern20hal20jo.gif

Match Stipulation: Only Post Crisis Feats/Events.

Raptor22
id say hal over kyle after a tough fight. also why no love for alan scott for supreme gl?

-Pr-
Hal.

id369
Originally posted by Raptor22
id say hal over kyle after a tough fight. also why no love for alan scott for supreme gl?

Right now I am only interested in these two and how they stack up next to each other.

3 way match can be found here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=477236&highlight=title%3A%28Kyle+vs+Hal%29

Originally posted by -Pr-
Hal.
Reasons or any input?

-Pr-
Originally posted by id369
Right now I am only interested in these two and how they stack up next to each other.

3 way match can be found here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=477236&highlight=title%3A%28Kyle+vs+Hal%29

Reasons or any input?

Just think he's done better against top tier enemies than Kyle has. Sinestro, Mongul, Henshaw, and so on.

I also believe Hal has he edge in both willpower and experience.

Endless Mike
After a tough fight I would give it to Hal

Kris Blaze
Do we need to recount the fight between Kyle and Sinestro in Green Lantern Rebirth? no expression

id369

Kris Blaze

id369

outavodka
well if its showings everyone is gona base the best Hal has 20 for ever 1 Kyle has so big whoop. Now if we are talking grand scale of ownage of not Paralax/Ion/etc...but simple GL versions what do we have to work with?

Prep-Man
Id, who do you think has the better feats? Counting Pre-Crisis, because it seems those are cannon.

id369
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Id, who do you think has the better feats? Counting Pre-Crisis, because it seems those are cannon.

Strictly Post Crisis. - Kyle

Everything goes (welcoming post crisis) - Hal

id369
Everything goes (welcoming pre crisis) - Hal

I mean to say pre-crisis.facepalm

Philosophía
Hal.

The Nuul
˙suıʍ ןɐɥ

xJLxKing
Hal wins. It's been said he is the best Lantern. Kyle had his shot and he only attracted queers (it's a joke)

quanchi112
Hal for sure.

id369
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Hal wins. It's been said he is the best Lantern. Kyle had his shot and he only attracted queers (it's a joke)

It's bin said that Kyle is the best Lantern. And he attracts queers such as Hal.crackers

Mindset
Kyle wins.

If you disagree you're obviously Quan.

id369
Originally posted by outavodka
well if its showings everyone is gona base the best Hal has 20 for ever 1 Kyle has so big whoop. Now if we are talking grand scale of ownage of not Paralax/Ion/etc...but simple GL versions what do we have to work with?

Post Crisis, Kyle matches and exceeds Hal's best feat for feat.

Aztec123
Hal Jordan

Slaanesh
it's a known fact that Hal is the best green lantern..

ColossusGrundy
Hal has.............

KO'd superman.....
moved planets with his ring.......
beaten Sinestro, Hank Henshaw, Mongul, the Guardians themselves, Legion (armored and not), etc. etc.
proven to have the strongest willpower of ANY Green Lantern over and over again.....
Has YEARS of experience.

Kyle has.....
Self-doubt ALL the time.......
Guilt that he won't do away with that affects his willpower......
he is COOL and his constructs ROCK, but they're far less effective because he doesn't focus......
He almost died several times as Ion because he couldn't focus.....

Hal would win in a squash. A pure Squash. This wouldn't be the back and forth fight it sounds like. It would take ONE page in a book.

Hal and Guy, much better fight.

id369

xJLxKing

-Pr-

Sasaraixx
Hal. (But Kyle is cuter!) big grin

id369

id369

-Pr-

id369

-Pr-

xJLxKing

Mindset
Yea, Hal used Spectre.

id369
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Don't use that logic!

As for Parrallax, Kyle need another person who was trying to help him a lot and others as well. Hal... Not so much

Divine Intervention > 3 Dudes awesrug

Did I mentioned Hal succumbed to Parallax all by himself. Compared to Kyle, it had to be force fed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by id369
Did I mentioned Hal succumbed to Parallax all by himself. Compared to Kyle, it had to be force fed.

awesrug

Hal was infected by Parallax for months before it took over him. Plus, he took down the GLC when infected. Kyle... well...

id369

id369

Galan007
imo, kyle's feats > hal's.

Prep-Man
Hal created a universe within his ring. And during Pre-Crisis could put his foes inside his ring, even sealing it off, so they don't teleport.

Galan007
per the OP, only post-crisis feats are to be used here.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle wins.

If you disagree you're obviously Quan. I disagree. And I'm not Quan.

Guy wins. biscuits

cdtm
How could this thread be only three pages long?? O_o

Kyle Rayner really stepped up in Hal's stead, proved his worth to the JLA, impressed friggan BATMAN who doesn't impress easy, single handedly cleaned up Hal's mess by reviving the Corps...

And Kyle managed to stand up to depowered Parallax for a bit, looking more impressive than a JLA team including Superman or Martian Manhunter. AND, he actually stopped Hal from powering back up by destroying Oa.

Not to mention the famous bottling up a sun going super nova feat.

And those were all Rookie feats, with no training and no ring computer. Unless his will is in the gutter because of yet another girlfriend getting killed, I think Kyle can stand against Hal, and win.

Slaanesh
Hal punch Batman..that alone should prove he's the greatest there is..

cdtm
But Kyle made Vril Dox back down.

Dox is an even bigger dick than Batman.

lightyeargee
Kyle. Better feats, and far more creative use of the ring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.