KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Magic - Psionic Challenge

Magic - Psionic Challenge
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Magic - Psionic Challenge

Similar to the Herald - Green Lantern Challenge.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t513639.html

Inspired by my Magic VS Psi topic.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t524966.html

Alright here is the challenge. You must adhere to the laws of equivalent exchange. Meaning if someone presents a Magical Feat, one most respond with a Psionic feat of equal, or greater value.

Rules.
Top Tier Class is the limit.
Comic, and Manga is allowed.
Pri-Crisis Feats are banned.
One Feat at a time.

I would like to test my theory, I believe Psi is superior to Magic. Feel free to take up the challenge, and prove me wrong.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 07:31 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

"Psionic" is pretty broad based. Is reality manipulation included?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 08:26 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I overlooked one important rule.

No items or tech. Both sides.

Reason for this is, I wish to showcase how individual character can manipulate said energy under their own power unaided.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
"Psionic" is pretty broad based. Is reality manipulation included?

I would like to ban reality warping from both sides.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 08:37 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Strange stops and reverses time:

http://img203.imageshack.us/i/timerever12fl.jpg/

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 08:56 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by King Kandy
Strange stops and reverses time:

http://img203.imageshack.us/i/timerever12fl.jpg/

Here Legion comments how time is completely malleable, and proceeds to manipulate it under his own power.
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7668/2021d.jpg
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7532/31019442.jpg

Old Post Feb 12th, 2010 09:06 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 05:32 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Magic - Psionic Challenge

Originally posted by "Id"
Similar to the Herald - Green Lantern Challenge.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t513639.html

Inspired by my Magic VS Psi topic.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t524966.html

Alright here is the challenge. You must adhere to the laws of equivalent exchange. Meaning if someone presents a Magical Feat, one most respond with a Psionic feat of equal, or greater value.

Rules.
Top Tier Class is the limit.
Comic, and Manga is allowed.
Pri-Crisis Feats are banned.
One Feat at a time.

I would like to test my theory, I believe Psi is superior to Magic. Feel free to take up the challenge, and prove me wrong.
is invoking allowed? cause human's aren't able to generate magical energies but can manipulate what they are given from magical entities/dimensions (that should be legal since that's what magic's all about)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:18 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Re: Re: Magic - Psionic Challenge

Originally posted by psycho gundam
is invoking allowed? cause human's aren't able to generate magical energies but can manipulate what they are given from magical entities/dimensions (that should be legal since that's what magic's all about)

An example would be nice.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:19 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

flames of faltine, winds of watoomb, crimson bands of cytorrak etc etc. strange uses those types of things in combat, but they are not of his own personal power but from dimensions and entities he has a "contract" with being a powerful mage.

and what of magical items like his eye of agamotto and cloak of levitation? are they banned also?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:26 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

flames of faltine, winds of watoomb, crimson bands of cytorrak etc etc. strange uses those types of things in combat, but they are not of his own personal power but from dimensions and entities he has a "contract" with being a powerful mage.

Yes those are allowed.

and what of magical items like his eye of agamotto and cloak of levitation? are they banned also?

Yup those are banned.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:29 AM
King Kandy

It's kind of silly... most magic depends on using artifacts, rituals, etc... limiting them to what they can do soley with the power of their mind is pretty much handicapping it in favor of psi. It's like a "swordsmen vs gun-user thread", but you say the gun user isn't allowed to use his gun, and then use that to say swords>guns.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:33 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Its because some magical items alone exceed the limit cap. Look at Strange contesting the IG itself.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:36 AM
King Kandy

I know. That's what high level magic can do. By restricting artifacts, you're restricting this to all psi vs. only low level magic. I mean characters like Shaman, can do next to nothing with these restrictions.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 06:51 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

If I don’t the play field will be too uneven. Psi Characters are not known for wielding DEM items. Psi Characters are already at a disadvantage by the numbers game alone.

There are far more High Tier characters assassinated with magic than psi.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:07 AM
King Kandy

Yeah, and the reason they are so high tier is typically due to their access to artifacts...

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:09 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Just give it a shoot, I am sure you can find plenty of characters and feats to counter with.

If it becomes apparent that Psi hold a solid advantage. The handicap could always be raised.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2010 07:20 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Mxy wipes out the multiverse with 5d magic:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf24.jpg

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 03:34 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Top Tier class is the limit Mike. Keep it up, and I will ban you.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 03:42 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

This challenge is still waiting to be equaled, although I'm fairly certain both Nate and Rachel-Phoenix have done similar.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 03:49 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Enyalus
This challenge is still waiting to be equaled, although I'm fairly certain both Nate and Rachel-Phoenix have done similar.

Force evolve a planet, through time manipulation? That is a vary hard feat to match. I am looking into it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 03:53 AM