KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Knights Templar

The Knights Templar
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The Knights Templar

As many of you know a knight has always been used as the heroic and chivalrous character in Fantasy and storytelling. There is a incredible emotion of romanticism towards the character and how he wins our hearts with his courage and occasionaly we become inspired by their actions, decisions, and judgement.

For further details read this link:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14493a.htm

Enjoy! smile

Last edited by WanderingDroid on May 8th, 2006 at 06:10 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2006 06:02 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

........Please explain the title? Why call it the Knights Templar if you don't even talk about the Knights Templar?

Or are you unaware that the Knights Templar and knights are two different things?

One being a powerful medieval organisation the other being the name given to medieval soldiers?

Old Post May 9th, 2006 01:36 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Every time I see Knights Templar I have a flashback from playing Deus Ex 2.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 01:59 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
........Please explain the title? Why call it the Knights Templar if you don't even talk about the Knights Templar?

Or are you unaware that the Knights Templar and knights are two different things?

One being a powerful medieval organisation the other being the name given to medieval soldiers?

I started the thread to discuss The Knights Templar and provided a link giving an insight into christian knights. If I was going to give full description and detail for the Templars then this wouldn't be a discussion....rather, it would be a Lecture. You're more than welcome for discussion.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 06:22 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

WD, is there anything in particular you find intriguing or remarkable about them? I have to admit, my knowledge on the Knights is pretty basic, but I seem to recall them being just one of a dozen other Orders borne out of the crusades, such as the Knights of Malta, the Teutonic Knights, etc.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 07:54 PM
Janus Marius is currently offline Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Janus Marius

Every time I hear of Knights Templar, I think of Disney's National Treasure. messed

Old Post May 11th, 2006 08:10 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

WD, is there anything in particular you find intriguing or remarkable about them? I have to admit, my knowledge on the Knights is pretty basic, but I seem to recall them being just one of a dozen other Orders borne out of the crusades, such as the Knights of Malta, the Teutonic Knights, etc.

All I know about them is that they supposedly stayed on the Temple of Solomon ruins for years....Possible took/stole the pieces of the true cross, the arc of the covenant, the holy grail, and other historic artifacts...And they were all burned at the stake on October 13 (Friday the 13th) 1307.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 09:11 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

My entire knowledge of the Knights Templar is forged from a Broken Sword game. big grin

Good old "Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars" must dig that game out again.

Last edited by §P0oONY on May 14th, 2006 at 06:21 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2006 06:19 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Templares
Sleep Deprived

Im the founder of the Knights Templar eek! . . . . but they kicked me out into the Winding Path embarrasment , so i asked the Pope and Philip to disband and BURN them all roll eyes (sarcastic) .

Oh sweet revenge evil face

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post May 15th, 2006 06:45 PM
Templares is currently offline Click here to Send Templares a Private Message Find more posts by Templares Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Hmm, indeed....
*throws on cardinal outfit and burns Templarers*

Templars supposedly found ancient documents proving Jesus' decent from King David, his marriage to Mary Magdalene and his daughter rose.

The are also rumored to have taken part in ceremonies involving trampling the cross and defiling the bible.

It was upon these charges that the Pope had them arrested, although some argue it was because they where blackmailing the church with the artifacts the found at Solomons temple, others say it was because they had become to powerful and rich.

Personally, I believe the latter.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 10:46 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

The reason they were charged with Heresy is due to them worshipping a head....Historians believe it was either the shroud of Turin....Or the skull of John the Baptist.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 11:38 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aStranger

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
All I know about them is that they supposedly stayed on the Temple of Solomon ruins for years....Possible took/stole the pieces of the true cross, the arc of the covenant, the holy grail, and other historic artifacts...And they were all burned at the stake on October 13 (Friday the 13th) 1307.

Solomon worhsiped old pagan gods, he converted his religion to that of a pagan so to say that they took artifacts holy to the jewish/catholic/christian tradition from his temple basically means that they took artifacts corrupted by what they would consider profane practices and hid them. This either implies that they were not aware of solomons intentions (unlikely), that the relics were never their, or that they took the relics to sheild man from the corruption solomon would have inflictied upon them

Old Post May 20th, 2006 05:02 AM
aStranger is currently offline Click here to Send aStranger a Private Message Find more posts by aStranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

And every time I see the name I think back to National Treasure, starring Nicholas Cage. happy

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 12:05 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

...And I get a super terrible urge to stab Dan Brown in the eye...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 12:39 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by DarkC
And every time I see the name I think back to National Treasure, starring Nicholas Cage. happy

*points to my post earlier in the thread*

OWNED. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 07:41 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philip_ll
The Great

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didnt a piece of the true cross get captured be Saladin during the 3rd crusade? (Saladin was the best-known Muslim Warrior during the 1100's by the way)

banner by Penelope

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 01:15 PM
Philip_ll is currently offline Click here to Send Philip_ll a Private Message Find more posts by Philip_ll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Templares
Sleep Deprived

Thats what i thought as well. Saladin (or probably some obscure Muslim ruler) has the main portion of the True Cross. The Templars only have bits and pieces of the real thing.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 05:54 PM
Templares is currently offline Click here to Send Templares a Private Message Find more posts by Templares Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Reading more into the history of the Templars and it gets more fascinating. According to historians the Knight templars not only provided protection for pilgrims to Jerusalem...but they were also monks! These guys were pretty cool! big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 09:05 PM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
These guys were pretty cool! big grin

They also slaughtered jews and muslims. How cool is that...not very in my book.

Not many Knights lived by what we romantacise as the knight's code. Many stole from others, took advantage of the weak for profit, and conducted themselves in a less than honourable manner.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 11:19 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: The Knights Templar

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
As many of you know a knight has always been used as the heroic and chivalrous character in Fantasy and storytelling. There is a incredible emotion of romanticism towards the character and how he wins our hearts with his courage and occasionaly we become inspired by their actions, decisions, and judgement.

This is why I always loathed the chivalric code and all that is mideval war. laughing

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 12th, 2006 11:32 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote