KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New Abortion law, about ultra-sounds...

New Abortion law, about ultra-sounds...
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

New Abortion law, about ultra-sounds...

A law passed in the South Carolina house and headed for the state senate would require women getting an abortion to view an ultrasound of the fetus before the procedure, except in the cases of rape or incest.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17741934/

thumb up

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:33 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Is this spam because I don't see a point?

thumb down

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:34 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alliance
Is this spam because I don't see a point?
Religious and/or overly emotional people don't like abortions, therefore they use their collective influence to pass stupid laws, which probably violate Roe v. Wade anyway and are therefore invalid, South Carolina being an example?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 02:37 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pro life bullsh!t, everyone should be able to choose what they do, this is just another example of a controlling nation. No thumbs up from me I'm afraid

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 03:13 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Pro life bullsh!t, everyone should be able to choose what they do, this is just another example of a controlling nation. No thumbs up from me I'm afraid

lol, so?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 03:17 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by chillmeistergen

I should be able to censor this no expression

ANGST.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 03:18 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by sithsaber408
A law passed in the South Carolina house and headed for the state senate would require women getting an abortion to view an ultrasound of the fetus before the procedure, except in the cases of rape or incest.

thumb up

Emotional blackmail is not healthy. Many women who have to get an abortion due to health issues, or lack of financial ability to care for a child, already feel depressed having to abort a child (hormons are raging like mad on top) let alone being pressured and blackmailed into keeping the baby.

Creepy.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 03:21 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Creepy.
Creepier still, the legislation passing the first vote in the House has no exemption for rape and incest cases; and this exemption will likely be put in as a concession to pass the Senate vote. So they're trying to emotionally blackmail women who not only have already made an agonizing decision to abort, but who are pregnant due to traumatic experiences of (familial) sexual abuse/rape with fetuses that have an increased likelihood of rare congenital recessive defects as a result of incestuous conception.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 03:52 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

This procedure is not medically ethical. Patients are not required in any circumstance to view a procedure.

Also, who's paying for the ultrasound...if its the patient, and they don't want the procedure, that is also unethical.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 04:07 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Re: New Abortion law, about ultra-sounds...

thumb up

Prepare to have a rise in illegal abortions now thumb down

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 04:15 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

I don't think they should view it if they can give a good reason for the abortion.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 04:16 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Help
I don't think they should view it if they can give a good reason for the abortion.

"I don't want to have a baby" is a good reason enough erm

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 04:19 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That's rather disgusting and disturbing.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:10 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: New Abortion law, about ultra-sounds...

thumb up

If the government is paying for the ultrasound; I don't see much of a problem.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Emotional blackmail is not healthy.
Well said. That is exactly what it is. How could this be legal?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:13 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"You love them in the womb, but once they get here, it's a different story," said Rep. Gilda Cobb-Hunter, a Democrat and a social worker.

WTF? This woman hates babies/children?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

How the hell is that legal,trying to make people to feel guilty and stop the abortion ,right wing bastards

Sig By pittman

Last edited by TRH on Mar 23rd, 2007 at 05:36 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:26 PM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How is it "forcing" when abortion is still legal? Forcing would be making abortion illegal outright.

Also, "Emotional Blackmail" which is beign thrown around is a little bit melodramatic don't you think? Blackmail is "extortion or coercion by threats"; I don't see anyone being threatened.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 23rd, 2007 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:32 PM
TRH
Grand Poobah

Originally posted by Robtard
How is it "forcing" when abortion is still legal? Forcing would be making abortion illegal outright.
wrong word

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:35 PM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Robtard
"You love them in the womb, but once they get here, it's a different story," said Rep. Gilda Cobb-Hunter, a Democrat and a social worker.

WTF? This woman hates babies/children?

I believe that's more a comment on the fact that a lot of times, people who are pro-life also tend to be against welfare...which is really stupid, if you think about it. Let's make people have babies they can't afford to raise and then refuse to help them at all and tell them it's their problem.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:37 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote