KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Big Plot Hole...Why wasn't the secret of who was Sifo-Dyas never revealed in ROTS?

Big Plot Hole...Why wasn't the secret of who was Sifo-Dyas never revealed in ROTS?
Started by: Anakin_the_Hutt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Big Plot Hole...Why wasn't the secret of who was Sifo-Dyas never revealed in ROTS?

This was a thing that kept me wondering...just who in the hell was it who first ordered the clone army?? It was such a thing in AOTC and in ROTS they just tossed the whole issue aside.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's not a plot hole at all, there was no need to get it answered

anyway, read Labyrinth of Evil...I think... it's explained there

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

I mean, was it Mace? Was it Dooku? I mean, AOTC left me wondering - but then in ROTS, it had zero mention of who deleted the location of Kamino and who placed the order. To me that's a big plot hole, man.

I STILL would like to know just who in the hell did it!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Anakin_the_Hutt a Private Message Find more posts by Anakin_the_Hutt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

like said: read the book, it's explained there

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:22 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

sifa dias was a real person.

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:27 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

Who really ordered the Clone Army? Didn't Obi-Wan say he died before the army was ordered?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:32 PM
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

Sifo-Dyas ordered the clone army, this was explained in the ROTS visual dictionary.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:37 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

I thought they said he died beofre the army was ordered. Did he also deleted the location of Kamino? Who was this guy, just some rogue Jedi working for Sidious?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:40 PM
Anakin_the_Hutt
Jedi Master

I dunno, to me this is a huge plot hole. The person who ordered the clones was a mystery in EP 2. You'd figure they reveal who the scoundrel was.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:42 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

he said he died about 10 years ago because he wasnt sure who he was talking about so he made a random excuse

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:45 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

How many times must we go through this?

SIFO DYAS IS SIFO DYAS!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deaconbluez

It is implied that Dooku joined Sidious while he was still a Jedi Master. But before Dooku told the council he was leaving, Sidious had him (1) Assume the identity of a dead Jedi (Dyas) and go to Kamino and order a clone army, then (2) erase the record of Kamino from the Jedi files/archives.

That wraps everything up.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:59 PM
Click here to Send deaconbluez a Private Message Find more posts by deaconbluez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Sidious01
Sword&WeaponMasterOfGSG

No...*sigh* wrong....Dooku as he was leaving the Order was recruited by Sidious..before Dooku left the Order Sifo-Dyas, a friend of Dooku's, had a bad feeling that the Republic would be in trouble in the future particularly war, hence he went to Kamino and ordered the Clone Army for the Republic....Sidious and Dooku found out about this and for a final initiation into the Sith, Sidious commanded Dooku to kill Sifo-Dyas since he was beginning to sense that the Sith were returning. Dooku murdered Sifo-Dyas after he had already ordered the Clone Army, making Dooku a fully flegdged Sith, and new apprentice to Darth Sidious. Sidious told Dooku to not worry about the Army, that it would "come to use in the future" but not now.

Sig by Ast

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Sidious01 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Sidious01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deaconbluez

You're not seeing the full force of Palpatine's plan. He NEEDED a clone army and knew it ahead of time. Dyas had no motivation to order an army. He stayed true to the order and the council until he died.

Sidious on the other hand, knew that in order to take control of the Senate more fully, he would have to have an army to fight his war. But it could not be traced back to him. Dooku presented himself as Sifo Dyas (he was a Jedi anyway) to the Kaminoans and ordered the army.

Sidious knew that it would be discovered and be traced back...but you can't ask a dead Jedi questions, so his Sith identity remained safe.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:36 PM
Click here to Send deaconbluez a Private Message Find more posts by deaconbluez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Sidious01
Sword&WeaponMasterOfGSG

dude.....have you READ Labyrinth of Evil? It explains it in exact literal words what happened

Sig by Ast

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Sidious01 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Sidious01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deaconbluez

Thats EU, right?

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:46 PM
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Yes, therefore not canon.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:47 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, but it is the only source coming close to explaining who did it

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:47 PM
Darth_Sidious01
Sword&WeaponMasterOfGSG

exactly my point ^
Is this EU not closer to canon than a person's perspective, although intelligent as it may be, it cannot deny the simple fact that this EU source is just a little bit closer to canon

Sig by Ast

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:49 PM
deaconbluez

I would like to check out the book when I get a chance. Its nice to see things like this explained further.

I just try to get to a conclusion based on what is conveyed in the films.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 09:51 PM