KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » All the other countrys got it right...

All the other countrys got it right...
Started by: Altar[1stONE]

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

All the other countrys got it right...

And what I mean by that , is Vaders " NO" . I watched the film in both french and spanish. And the voice actors for Vader really got that pain down right. They didnt really say no , they screamed in anguish. I just dont understand how james earl ****ed it up so bad, maybe he wasnt feeling it like these other passionate ethnic boys. Pointless thread, but i just thought i should point it out. So all of you who cringe during that scene, change the audio , you might be satisfied.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 08:17 AM
Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

The actual voice just compounds the fact that the scene ending and shot are stupid. There is far more wrong with that bit than just the audio.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 09:29 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

LOL?

Translating Star Wars. Who the hell watches it in anything else than english?

Anakin: "Perdon, Obi Wan. Tu esta mi enemy!"
ObiWan: "Anakin, tu esta no mui bien.."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 11:14 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FE Expert
Fire Emblem expert

I do. I watch the French versions before the English ones.

Name a number between 1 and 10
Pandemonium

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 12:35 PM
Click here to Send FE Expert a Private Message Find more posts by FE Expert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

well thats your native tounge though, right? I think he was referring to US people. The fact that they even had him yell "no" was more wrong than the way it sounded. If he had just yelled, even that'd be better. But I guess GL felt he had to tool-a-fy Vader before the end of the movie.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 01:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Well i agree with it being good without that stupid cheesy "nooooo"

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: All the other countrys got it right...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Altar[1stONE]
ethnic boys
^^^ WTF?

Vader roaring would have been much cooler...and If lucas had actually given him things to throw around. Vader should have ripped that room to shreads., not jsut dented it...

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

Yeah I agree, just him screaming and that whole room falling apart would have been great. What if he brought the whole building down and they were left in the soaking rain . And a gust of wind blows palps off the roof. laughing

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

laughing out loud

Yeah, he should have crumbled the building and roared.

(then ignited his new red saber) roll eyes (sarcastic)

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 12:27 AM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The rain would have been hilarious... AND NO SABER! EVER!!! laughing

The other thing that I had wanted to see was a capital ship carve a big trench in Coruscant. There was a concept art with a Star Destroyer crashing and just slicing though buildings... I think that this would have been very powerful and show the effects of the war.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

There was a nice animal cartoon "Tao Tao" running in finnish tv some years ago...

It was made in Germany and when it was running on screen, many people learned to hate translations.

Rabbit: "But we should really find him!... er gefunden!"
Bear: " Where could he be?.... waren?"
Worm: " No idea, could someone help ups?.... jemand uns hilfen?"
Bird: "Yes!...ohl!"

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 12:46 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

laughing

Beaver: Id rather sell my nuts to a castroti -- ScHUltZ!@ Heil!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 12:53 AM
FE Expert
Fire Emblem expert

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well thats your native tounge though, right? I think he was referring to US people. The fact that they even had him yell "no" was more wrong than the way it sounded. If he had just yelled, even that'd be better. But I guess GL felt he had to tool-a-fy Vader before the end of the movie.

You know, I live in Quebec, Canada.

Name a number between 1 and 10
Pandemonium

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 01:16 AM
Click here to Send FE Expert a Private Message Find more posts by FE Expert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Don't you realize what the "No" was? It was Anakin's last gasp, he wasn't really Vader until that scream. Forever after that he was Vader, only until the very end.

It's very human to scream "no" at a moment of great pain and anguish. When people die surprisingly it's very common. Happened to me not long ago in fact. It happens to everyone, even Vader.

It was heartbreaking when he said "No!" A critical point of the movie, and I loved it. I can't believe the whining over a one-word sentence. It's a spectacular line, just bone-chilling. Sure after seeing it a few dozen time you'll get a little jaded, but that'll happen to any film you see over and over and over again.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 02:15 AM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Vader's "NO!" matched perfectly with GL's idea of a good scene.

Just like a certain Anakin character we know of.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by chinabing
Don't you realize what the "No" was? It was Anakin's last gasp, he wasn't really Vader until that scream. Forever after that he was Vader, only until the very end.

It's very human to scream "no" at a moment of great pain and anguish. When people die surprisingly it's very common. Happened to me not long ago in fact. It happens to everyone, even Vader.

It was heartbreaking when he said "No!" A critical point of the movie, and I loved it. I can't believe the whining over a one-word sentence. It's a spectacular line, just bone-chilling. Sure after seeing it a few dozen time you'll get a little jaded, but that'll happen to any film you see over and over and over again.

I just felt it was overdone and that there were better ways to express his anguish. Especially with the zoom out.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:26 AM
D-FENS

Re: Re: All the other countrys got it right...

Originally posted by Alliance
^^^ WTF?

Vader roaring would have been much cooler...and If lucas had actually given him things to throw around. Vader should have ripped that room to shreads., not jsut dented it...
There was,but it was cut,GL deemed it to be 'too powerful'.Check it out:Vader Cut Scene

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 03:47 AM
Click here to Send D-FENS a Private Message Find more posts by D-FENS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smoker Stevens
Marihuana Smuggler

that would have been nice to see...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Smoker Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Smoker Stevens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Quote from site "I think that it's a bit too much. I'd take it out. I think we've been too obvious. We need a subtler version of this."

Since when has Vader been subtle???

Old Post Apr 1st, 2006 07:44 PM
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Yeah that would've been cool.. maybe it could be changed if enough people gripe. But like chinabing said.. it's not that bad. The people whining about it is ridiculous.

If I could have anything changed it'd be the music during the Temple March. Watch the TV spot on the second disc.. "Dark Side Unleashed" I think it is. The Imperial March is PERFECT with it.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote