KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who would you have preferred to direct one of the Prequels?

Who would you have preferred to direct one of the Prequels?
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Question Who would you have preferred to direct one of the Prequels?

Who, in your mind, would you have preferred to direct one of the prequels?

Obviously Lucas is a great visionary director, but directors like Kershner have shown you can create emotion out of a Star Wars script, and still have it stand up as arguably the best SW film (that being Empire).

If you had a choice, pretend your a Roman Emporer and a thumb up or down determines who directs it (prequel of your choice), who would you let touch the saga?

Some thoughts out of mine include Spielberg, bring Kershner out of the wilderness, Peter Jackson, Ridley Scott too name a few. Hell, I'd even love to see what Scorsese might do with it.

Of course, Lucas would never let a Star Wars film too far out of his executive reachers, so some directors would be comprimised, but still, it could lead to a fun discussion.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 04:51 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

*waits for first Peter Jackson comment* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:15 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

I like what Lucas did with ANH and ROTJ..for those still unaware Lucas did the majority of work on Jedi by the end Marquand was nought but assistant director
its interesting that Kershner hated anything involving effects and passed directing those secquences onto two others
Kurtz directed one noteable scene i recall reading though il have to go back and find what it was and another guy did the other stuff he passed on
thats recent news to me

Speilberg passed on Jedi so it would have been interesting to see him do a Prequel

the guy who did 300 and the remake of Dawn of the Dead whos name escapes me mightve done a good PT flick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Apr 15th, 2007 at 05:29 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:25 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

What, all style, no substance? smile

Isn't it Zach something? Anyway, my opinion is that the PT was merely style over substance, so that director would definetly do.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:33 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

im just being realistic
if Lucas had ducked AOTC and SITH thats the like wed have got

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:36 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

No, realisticly, it would not have made much of a difference at all, not with that script, but still, we can hope.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:40 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I would have liked to have had influence in the creative process.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Spielberg said he would have loved to do one of them, but Gl anted to do it himself.

Brian Singer might have been an interesting choice.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:00 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Brian Singer, didn't think of him at all, that'd be very interesting.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:04 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

I just gave the 300 guy up as someone whod be the typical guy to have done a prequel if Lucas passed it on
i cant say of a director who i rate personally as im a more a horror fan than any other genre so if i was to pick a fave director of mine to do a PT flick itd be a ****ing weird flick
Dario Argento does AOTC....thatd be mental
mind you Cronenberg and Lynch were up for the OT so maybe that aint so far fetched

Singer would have been interesting for SITH or Del Toro
if Edgar Wright can do semi serious as opposed to comedy hed have been great ...with help from his his freind Simon Pegg of course
they love the OT and hate the PT...they were very vocal about their loathing of TPM
Scorsese i dunno

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Apr 15th, 2007 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:07 PM
exanda kane

Lynch would make one strange SW film, I'm sure, but it might be entertaining, certainly. There is a rumour that he could always direct Jurassic Park 4, as the expected director said he wasn't interested. That'd be fun. David Lynch playing with dinosaurs. What a thought.

I'd wonder what Scorsese could do with it; he is much more interested in character motivations, so the story of Anakin could be a whole lot more complex. Order 66 could be a laugh with Marty Scorsese too.

I'm now thinking of Francis Ford Coppola, a close friend of Lucas', but
he is pretty individual too as a director. Just thinking of the scope he could give, while still telling a great story. Plus, throw his cinematographer in too, and he Jedi Council scenes would be alot more interesting.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 06:16 PM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Brian Singer would be a great choice, the PT would have a shocking twists in all the tree PT movies, like that Jar Jar, was really the puppet master all along. At the end of ROTS, Sidious gets a call and immediately becomes afraid, he answers the call and bows down and Jar Jar appears and Sidious says, everything has gone as you planed my Master. That would be shocking

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Last edited by Count Makashi on Apr 15th, 2007 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

no thats if the Waayans directed the PT

Old Post Apr 15th, 2007 10:43 PM
Rampant ox

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Brian Singer would be a great choice, the PT would have a shocking twists in all the tree PT movies, like that Jar Jar, was really the puppet master all along. At the end of ROTS, Sidious gets a call and immediately becomes afraid, he answers the call and bows down and Jar Jar appears and Sidious says, everything has gone as you planed my Master. That would be shocking

A part of me inside died when I heard that. laughing

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Actually... that would have been interesting and I'm sure all people would consider Jar Jar the new greatest movie villain of all time. He made us hate him when we felt we didn't mean to... Pure genius.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 07:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Anyone with an extreme taste in movies. We always need more gore.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 08:46 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Darth JarJar.... hehehehe

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 08:58 AM
exanda kane

Aye, Jar Jar is has cuased more of an uproar than Vader, Maul, Dooku or Sidious. All hail the true dark lord of the sith.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 11:17 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

i would have preferred any competent director who trusted his actors and gave them freedom to grow into their character and come up with their own ideas, like in the OT.

people insist that overly used CGI and bad actors killed the PT. i think thats bullshit. even the "wooden" hayden has proven himself a splendid actor in other films, and you can never have too much cgi so long as the focus is not primarily on the animation (look what we can do!!! looky looky!!!)

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I'd go with Spielberg or Singer I guess.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 05:59 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote