KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Gillyweed...

Gillyweed...
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gillyweed...

you guys notice that in the book, dobby gives harry the gillyweed, but in the movie it is neville? WTF?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:01 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

Yes. Yes we did notice

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:03 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

OMFG! Nooo... stupid stupid.... aarg... I didn't even see it yet, but HOWWW can they

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:06 PM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zac_j
Hogsmeade RP by Zac J!!!

This really is a spoiler. I haven't seen the movie yet.

Thanks for the sig, KillTheLight!!!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 03:20 PM
zac_j is currently offline Click here to Send zac_j a Private Message Find more posts by zac_j Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

yea. they cut out voldemort in the film aswell

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 04:21 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I was hoping to see Dobby, but it doesn't matter if he's in it or not.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 05:15 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

They just couldn't but Dobby in the movie. It would mean to put Winky and the SPEW thing all in and it would be too long (though I wouldn't mind.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 06:07 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

That certainly f*cks up the plot.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 06:11 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joseph_Kerr

It works in the movie and makes sense in terms of the storytelling. Besides, I liked the idea of giving Neville more of a role in the movie.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 06:17 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkC
That certainly f*cks up the plot.

What?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:13 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by The Ones
yea. they cut out voldemort in the film aswell

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:21 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

i was being sarcastic

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:27 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I liked Dobby.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:27 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by The Ones
i was being sarcastic

That's What I Found Funny. no expression............ laughing out loud

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:38 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomnia
Minion

I'm glad they cut dobby. Just like Lucas and Jar-jar.

But the gillyweed scene looked too much like a drug deal, in my opinion. Did anyone else notice that? Neville had it stashed away and all, then slipped it into Harry's hand as they walked... "Shiiiiiit, Neville... You're a lifesaver." "Yeah, just pop that into your mouth, effects last about an hour or so, but listen- don't mix it with saltwater, that shit will **** you up."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:44 PM
Insomnia is currently offline Click here to Send Insomnia a Private Message Find more posts by Insomnia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
It works in the movie and makes sense in terms of the storytelling. Besides, I liked the idea of giving Neville more of a role in the movie.

me too i found dobby abit annoying i liked the idea of giving neville more of a role too

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 09:21 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

i like it

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 09:22 PM
Sir J is currently offline Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Well, if Dobby was in the film, moronic fanboys and girls would complain that Winky wasn't in it, and then if Winky was in it, they would complain that SPEW wasn't in it, and then if SPEW wasn't in it, they wouldn't be able to think of something related to SPEW so they would choose some random thing like the Dursleys and complain that they weren't in it. no expression

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 04:21 AM
Joseph_Kerr

Amen to that hotsauce. wink

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 01:01 PM
Joseph_Kerr is currently offline Click here to Send Joseph_Kerr a Private Message Find more posts by Joseph_Kerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
you guys notice that in the book, dobby gives harry the gillyweed, but in the movie it is neville? WTF?
Who cares honestly? Besides it fits in pretty well being that that's why Moody gave him the book in the first place

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2005 02:46 PM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote