KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Dvds with best commentary?

Dvds with best commentary?
Started by: MetallicaT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MetallicaT
Vicarious

Dvds with best commentary?

I really like hearing the commentary from the actors/director after I watch the movie once through...know any dvds with good commentary?

kevin smith movies always have hilarious commentary
ocean's 11
sideways

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 08:43 PM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Pirates of the Carabean has an amazing Commentary.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:11 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

not the best but i love Fight Clubs, Edward Norton goes of on a rant and the rest wait till the end and correct him. awsome actor, prolly a really nice guy, just a bit quick off the mark

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:24 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

^

Fight Club had a lot of great commentary moments. I loved how they explained things better, And how each scene was done. Especially the scene the Airport scene.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 10:00 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I don't watch many commentaries but I have liked some.

Fight Club has a good commentary. I liked Mallrats as well. Saw's was pretty funny 'cause they point out everything that was wrong with it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 11:43 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bksdrums

I liked Martin Scorsese's commentary on Gangs of New York. It really went in depth about how long it took to make and a lot of factual things about the time period

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 05:34 AM
bksdrums is currently offline Click here to Send bksdrums a Private Message Find more posts by bksdrums Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I love Keven Smith's apology to DVDs at the beginning of the commentary for Jay & Silent-Bob Strike Back.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:51 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saltyjesus

Hilarious commentary for a hilarious movie can be found on Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle: commentary by "Extreme Punk #1" (or is it #2?) There are 3 or 4 different commentaries on the DVD, too.

Those of you who didn't see this movie because the previews were terrible, I'll agree with you there but it really is worth quite a few laughs.

http://saltyjesus.squarespace.com

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 08:15 PM
saltyjesus is currently offline Click here to Send saltyjesus a Private Message Find more posts by saltyjesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
I love Keven Smith's apology to DVDs at the beginning of the commentary for Jay & Silent-Bob Strike Back.

I believe the DVD commentary you're thinking of is from "Chasing Amy", because if you select the "Kevin Smith Intro" feature he apologizes for his comment of "F*ck DVD!" But as far as my favorites go, I'll go with:

-Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell on "Evil Dead 2
-Sherri Moon Zombie, Sid Haig, and Bill Moseley for "The Devil's Rejects"
-Kevin Smith and the miscellaneous cast members for all of Smith's movies.
-Trey Parker's drunken commentary for "Orgazmo"

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 22nd, 2005 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 09:11 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by saltyjesus
Those of you who didn't see this movie because the previews were terrible, I'll agree with you there but it really is worth quite a few laughs.

Completely agree, not into teen comedies, but this one got me. In the same league as Clerks and such.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 12:31 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Shaun of the Dead

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 10:06 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

oh Bowling For Colombine was pretty good, only because Moore just grabbed people from the office and threw them in a room to make it. dont know if it was genuis or him being a lazy bastard

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:03 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Oh yeah, UHF had a great commentary. Michael Richards, among others, kept coming in to contribute a little, it was great. Weird Al got really into it too, screaming, "Watch out!" or something like that in one scene.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:07 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

the band and directors commentary on Some Kind of Monster is really good...dunno how i forgot that smile

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 05:58 AM
MetallicaT is currently offline Click here to Send MetallicaT a Private Message Find more posts by MetallicaT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

Anything with David Cronenberg (Videodrome, Naked Lunch, The Fly etc.)- extremely smart guy with a very dry wit. Entertaining while extremely informative.

Roger Ebert on Citizen Kane

Spinal Tap commentary with Spinal Tap- funny as hell.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 06:18 AM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

gonna need to check that out...
is it on some speacial dvd or what?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:40 PM
MetallicaT
Vicarious

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove

gonna need to check that out...
is it on some special dvd or what?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:42 PM
The Ones
Death Eater

Final Destination 2

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 09:43 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MetallicaT
Vicarious

gah....how did i double post...sry

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:06 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

All of the commentary on The Simpsons DVD's is outstanding. By far the best I've heard, often just as funny as the show itself.

I got Season 7 for Xmas, and watched all four discs of the commentary at once, never got bored. Great fun, almost worth the money just for the commentaries themselves.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 09:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote