KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sue Storm vs. Betsy Braddock.

Sue Storm vs. Betsy Braddock.
Started by: rotiart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Sue Storm vs. Betsy Braddock.

Current Invisible Woman Vs. Current Betsy Braddock.

I'm of the persuasion that IW wins this, but most people seem to be arguing against me saying Psylocke takes it.

Sues goes skill, psionic manipulation of force fields, invisibile.. and force "bolts" etc...

To me Psylocke is a powerhouse without skill in comparison. What does everyone know that I dont?

Sorry I'm not the biggest Xmen fan anymore, so I not exactly caught up on all the things of Psylocke. I know she cna fly, knock down buildings, held Rachel create a forcefield that shielded a whole city. But what one on one fights has she done against a persom like Sue?

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 04:59 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Psylocke wins. TK in itself is faster. Additionally she's ninja and thus has faster reflexes.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:02 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Yah, but she really has no true skill with her new 2x tk as of right now... just brute power...

as far as a ninja goes... how does that break sue storms force fields.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:04 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I don't need to be skilled to drive a car into someone. No prep, Sue doesn't start with a forcefield and she's KTFO before she can do anything.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:06 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

why can't the same be true?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:07 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Wait wait wait.

I meant to bring this up earlier, but...When did Betsy become unskilled with her TK?

She's had TK ever since she was first introduced. It's just fluxuated between that and her TP for the main power. She's had PLENTY of experience with it. Why is it all of a sudden that Betsy has no skill or experience with her TK? She can be just as precise as IW.

Anyway. Betsy wins this again.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:08 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
why can't the same be true?
TK in itself is faster. Additionally she's ninja and thus has faster reflexes.

Grimm22
King of the Castle

If Psylocke trys to beat Sue without using TK, then she gets owned withen seconds yes

Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Grimm22
If Psylocke trys to beat Sue without using TK, then she gets owned withen seconds yes
Who cares? The point is she has TK and thus wins.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:09 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
TK in itself is faster. Additionally she's ninja and thus has faster reflexes.

as a ninja.. yes.. her physical skills are great, i don't argue that, but their powersets are "similar" are their any comic books i'm not thinking of? respect page of current psylocke or scans?

i guess i just don't see this supposed "difference" due to psionic and telekinetic.

i can see if we referred to storm, but i can't see a difference comparing sue to betsy.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:11 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Grimm22

...Why would she even try that? That's like Flash attempting to beat Zoom without his using his super-speed. Or Hulk trying to defeat Juggernaut without his super-strength.

Betsy has TK. She'll use its superior abilities to defeat IW

I know you're agreeing with me overall, but just saying.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:11 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Who cares? The point is she has TK and thus wins.

Please, I actually really want to know. What is it I'm missing. Who did she fight that made her so respectable?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:12 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Please, I actually really want to know. What is it I'm missing. Who did she fight that made her so respectable?
If I was Wynndar I'd prattle on about how many times Sue had pwned Galactus. I'm not. Captain America doesn't stand a chance in hell against Psylocke, I don't give a tiny rat's ass if he can fight Korvac or Hulk or Absorbing Man in a comic.

Both have the means for instant KO. Psylocke is a ninja and has better reflexes and telekinesis in itself is faster. Therefore she wins.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:15 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

you don't undestand my arguement. I just want to know why other than the fact that "shes a ninja" means she wins.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 05:29 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

you don't undestand my arguement. I just want to know why other than the fact that "shes a ninja" means she wins.
There isn't an argument to be had as far as I'm concerned. TK in itself is faster, Psylocke is faster.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:12 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Shrug. You are welcome to your opinion. I'll believe it when its proven.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:14 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Shrug. You are welcome to your opinion. I'll believe it when its proven.
And I'll believe Wolverine can fly until it isn't. eek!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:16 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

You Wolverine fanboys are outrageous.
wink

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 06:18 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Hw is Tk instinctively faster then sues powers ? Their both activated by thought.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 07:38 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Direct mental manipulation of the physical world is logically faster than creation of specified physical construct and manipulation of physical world with said construct. Similarly faster than Sue's powers are reality warping and telepathy.

Example: Lift a pen.

Telekinesis:
'lift pen'

Sue:
'create forcefield of specific size, shape, density etc'
'move forcefield to lift pen'

That, and Psylocke is ninja

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 08:35 AM