KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs WWH

Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs WWH
Started by: JuanJohnboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JuanJohnboy

Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs WWH

can Hal Jordan stop the Hulk that the Marvel heroes couldnt???

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 04:43 AM
JuanJohnboy is currently offline Click here to Send JuanJohnboy a Private Message Find more posts by JuanJohnboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Yes.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 04:47 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Yup...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 04:48 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Uses ring to strip gamma-energy FTW.

Really, there're plenty of ways that the Marvel-squad could've won against WWH too. It was quite the PIS/CIS-fest. But that's fine, Hulk's name was on the cover, so you knew what to expect going in.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 04:54 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tazer

Yo.

Hal SHOULD, but in-comic they'll have Hal do something stupid like blast WWH *once* and then try to duke it out for the rest of their fight.....

Tazer

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:02 AM
Tazer is currently offline Click here to Send Tazer a Private Message Find more posts by Tazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

written in a hulk comic, hal loses

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:08 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skyfather
Bad Ass

written in a gl comic hal wins.

Owning Thor

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:21 AM
skyfather is currently offline Click here to Send skyfather a Private Message Find more posts by skyfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Let me pose a different question.

If Green Lantern is not allowed to do the following:

1. Drain the Hulk of gamma radiation (or do anything that would turn the Hulk back into Banner),

2. BFR the Hulk

...could Green Lantern still win and how?

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 14th, 2008 at 05:33 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:31 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94

If Green Lantern is not allowed to do the following

1. Drain the Hulk of gamma radiation (or do anything that would turn the Hulk back into Banner),

2. BFR the Hulk

whos the chick in your sig?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:33 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

2. BFR the Hulk

With certainty.

By killing him.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:45 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

2. BFR the Hulk

Yes, and still with rediculous ease. However much Hulk can raise his strength, he's vastly outclassed by true herald levelers. A Green lantern beat him at his own game, blast him beyond his ability to regenerate, turn him into a green turnip, remove his brain from his body, etc, etc, etc ad infinitium.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 05:50 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Yes, and still with rediculous ease. However much Hulk can raise his strength, he's vastly outclassed by true herald levelers. A Green lantern beat him at his own game, blast him beyond his ability to regenerate, turn him into a green turnip, remove his brain from his body, etc, etc, etc ad infinitium.

I don't care if the Hulk loses, but I find that argument a little.....lacking.

Everyone and their mother has tried blasting the Hulk, yet he still survives. And from what I've seen of Hulk's latest little adventure, he seemed to be able to withstand Sentry's attack.

Assuming the current Green Lantern versions, what makes the Green Lantern's ability to hurt the Hulk different from someone like Sentry and rest of the heroes of the past who have also blasted the Hulk?

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 14th, 2008 at 06:20 AM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 06:06 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Soljer
With certainty.

By killing him.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 06:38 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Everyone and their mother has tried blasting the Hulk, yet he still survives. And from what I've seen of Hulk's latest little adventure, he seemed to be able to withstand Sentry's attack.

Assuming the current Green Lantern versions, what makes the Green Lantern's ability to hurt the Hulk different from someone like Sentry and rest of the heroes of the past who have also blasted the Hulk?

With all due respect............Sentry is a punk and a *****. stick out tongue He barely qualifies as low herald.

Even an average GL can beat Hulk. Hulk simply isn't that powerful. The idea of him beating a compedent GL is well....laughable.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 06:55 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Hulk isn't that powerful

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 06:58 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

You mean you've never seen the Hulk been knocked out by an energy beam? and since the Shitry couldn't knock him out, Hal Jordan can't?

no

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 08:17 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ricardo Potter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe the argument is lacking because when it sthis obvious its not worth it.

But yes Hal wins.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 08:44 AM
Ricardo Potter is currently offline Click here to Send Ricardo Potter a Private Message Find more posts by Ricardo Potter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ricardo Potter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by guy222
Hulk isn't that powerful

Yup. yes

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 08:45 AM
Ricardo Potter is currently offline Click here to Send Ricardo Potter a Private Message Find more posts by Ricardo Potter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

WWH version, the Green Scar was better than any other incarnation, but he's still limited to physical powers, and on Earth except for Sentry and a jobbing Dr. Strange there weren't powerhouses able to defeat him using not just brute strength.A GL has vast energy manipulation abilities for both offensive and defensive purposes, or can create a power armor to engage physical combat.
Hulk's victory happened due to the lack of big guns on the Marvel Earth and his power levels being off the scale considering his previous incarnations.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 10:45 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

This is one (just one) example of a situation whereby size does NOT matter.

Think of it ....one normal looking dude wearing a tiny ring with a greenish glow, vs an uber-brawler glowing with green energy and quaking the ground in which he walks on.

Then the normal looking dude thinks a SIMPLE thought, and suddenly the raging green beast is either turned into a skinny white dude by having all that gamma juice filtered, shunted forth into a parallel dimension, or destroyed by having a singularity appear in the middle of his torso that rips him apart on a molecular level and streaking at light speed to an event horizon.

And all the normal looking dude with the tiny ring had to do was just ....well .....THINK!

Size always matters ....unless, ofcourse, you are wearing a power ring connected to the Oa battery and have the will power to back it up.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 10:55 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote