KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mephisto vs Dormmamu...

Mephisto vs Dormmamu...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Mephisto vs Dormmamu...

These powerful mystical beings battle to the death or ko in the following locations:

1) Neutral territory...
2) In the Heart of the Dark Dimension...
3) In the Heart of Hell...

Who wins in each senario?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 02:33 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

I would really like to see these two bump heads.

Dormammu wins on neutral ground more often than not. He may lose to Mephisto in Hell but he performs better than Mephisto would in the Dark dimension..

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 02:41 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sundipped
I would really like to see these two bump heads.

Dormammu wins on neutral ground more often than not. He may lose to Mephisto in Hell but he performs better than Mephisto would in the Dark dimension..

Out of 10 fights, what majority would you give Dormmy over Mephisto is each of the above senario's?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 02:43 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

already proven dormy is more powerful

and at one time dormy was meph's daddy so marvel always goofs

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 02:56 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Dormmamu is a hugely powerful entity. Not just another abstract or skyfather.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 03:53 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Out of 10 fights, what majority would you give Dormmy over Mephisto is each of the above senario's?

Neutral ground - Dormy 8/10
In Hell - Dormy 6/10 (with Mephisto power output like vs. Big G)
In Dark Dimension - Dormy 10/10 (every fight tough though)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 04:01 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

hey sun

member friends meph is afraid of the serpent...that's bad

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 04:02 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I was gonna jump on the Dormmamu bandwangon too, until I remembered how well they do vs a common foe, Dr. Strange. IMHO, Dr. Strange, for some odd reason, struggles with Mephisto while doing well vs Dormmamu.

He's gone toe to toe with Dormmamu in the Dark Dimension and exhausted him (the barrier holding back the Mindless ONes was weakened and Dormmamu needed Strange's help to seal them back) and this was before he was even Sorcerer Supreme, yet was in fear of his life fighting against Mephisto in Hell.

Neutral ground? Probably Mephisto.
Hell. For sure Mephisto.
Dark Dimension. Probably Dormmamu.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 07:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

hey zop

common foes are cool smile

dormy has encountered eternity(twice) and has a shared win

meph has gone from retconning mary jane/pp life to a coward fearing the serpent

in the times they have met...dormy is the more powerful one

and can i list the ways meph has been jobbed stick out tongue

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 08:36 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by guy222
hey zop

common foes are cool smile

dormy has encountered eternity(twice) and has a shared win

meph has gone from retconning mary jane/pp life to a coward fearing the serpent

in the times they have met...dormy is the more powerful one

and can i list the ways meph has been jobbed stick out tongue

It's true that he feared the Serpent, but don't forget Guy that Dormammu and Cytorrak and others were at that meeting in Hell to deal with the Serpent too. Apparently they also feared him or they wouldn't have been there.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 08:39 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

true true

but history tells us the dormy>meph

and u know me on cytorrak..too much hype no enough action

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 08:59 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by zopzop
I was gonna jump on the Dormmamu bandwangon too, until I remembered how well they do vs a common foe, Dr. Strange. IMHO, Dr. Strange, for some odd reason, struggles with Mephisto while doing well vs Dormmamu.

He's gone toe to toe with Dormmamu in the Dark Dimension and exhausted him (the barrier holding back the Mindless ONes was weakened and Dormmamu needed Strange's help to seal them back) and this was before he was even Sorcerer Supreme, yet was in fear of his life fighting against Mephisto in Hell.

Neutral ground? Probably Mephisto.
Hell. For sure Mephisto.
Dark Dimension. Probably Dormmamu.

Being the arch nemesis of Strange, Dormy is prone to job to Strange unless its extreme circumstances like when Dormy went into the future and killed him in GOTG series. Never cared much for the Hellcat mini but where was it stated he was in fear of his life?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 09:21 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Sundipped
Being the arch nemesis of Strange, Dormy is prone to job to Strange unless its extreme circumstances like when Dormy went into the future and killed him in GOTG series. Never cared much for the Hellcat mini but where was it stated he was in fear of his life?

There were multiple occasions where Strange was completely out of his league vs Mephisto.

First time that I recall was one of the Satannish/Mephisto throwdowns. Strange commented that "no one, not even Dormammu at the height of his powers ever me feel so helpless" and this was in regards to Satannish's power.

Mephisto then steps in and they battle it out, stalemating Satannish. The crazy thing was the fight didn't even take place in either of their (Satannish or Mephisto) Hell Realms. So they were that powerful outside their kingdoms.

Second time was when he and Doom went into Hell to free Doom's mother from Mephisto's clutches. They only escaped alive because Strange used Cynthia's pure soul to harm Mephisto and they ran. Even double shielded they were being roasted alive by Mephisto's Hell Fire.

Strange never, that I can recall, went toe to toe with Mephisto. But he has gone toe to toe vs Dormmamu and one time he wasn't even Sorcerer Supreme!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 09:36 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by zopzop
There were multiple occasions where Strange was completely out of his league vs Mephisto.

First time that I recall was one of the Satannish/Mephisto throwdowns. Strange commented that "no one, not even Dormammu at the height of his powers ever me feel so helpless" and this was in regards to Satannish's power.

Mephisto then steps in and they battle it out, stalemating Satannish. The crazy thing was the fight didn't even take place in either of their (Satannish or Mephisto) Hell Realms. So they were that powerful outside their kingdoms.

Second time was when he and Doom went into Hell to free Doom's mother from Mephisto's clutches. They only escaped alive because Strange used Cynthia's pure soul to harm Mephisto and they ran. Even double shielded they were being roasted alive by Mephisto's Hell Fire.

Strange never, that I can recall, went toe to toe with Mephisto. But he has gone toe to toe vs Dormmamu and one time he wasn't even Sorcerer Supreme!

I thought you meant Dormy was in fear of his life in Mephistos realm.

I find Stranges comments concerning Satannish funny considering it's Doramammu whos responsible for his creation (was this retconned?).

As for Doc doing so well against Dormy and not Mephisto, I guess you missed the arch nemesis part. Still, its not a good way to guage their respective powers. Looking back at that mini, it took a combined effort from multiple forces, including some from the Olympian patheon to deal with Dormy IIRC.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 09:58 PM
bbrem123

dormammu is just superior

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 10:44 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

its not even a comparsion

meph wouldn't dare confront eternity....dormy did

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 11:41 PM
Lord Feron

Dormy might lose in Mephisto hell realm but even then IDK. But he beats meph in all other scenarios. I just think Dormy is higher on the food chain.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2012 11:54 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

meh, when dormmy beat eternity it was a silly arc where he was amped to ridiculous levels. ss was a REAL surfer dude, the whole thing was funny. the other battle happened 40yrs ago and i just don't put much stock in fights that old. too much has changed. dormmy tricked meph and may have appeared to be tougher but he never challenged meph directly and at the end of that mini meph was PISSED and was ready to fight and kill dormmy. again, dormmy didn't step up to the challenge. i think they are relatively equal in level. maybe dormmy is slightly more powerful, but i'd certainly say meph is able to beat him at least some of the time.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 01:14 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 04:19 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

You realize, the only way they were able to break up the fight was because Dr. Strange took advantage of the fact that they were once part of a primordial evil and he cast a spell so that when one hit the other, the other felt it. He didn't beat them. If any one of them turned around and started to attack HIM and not each other, Strange would have been fugged.

quote:
And why did I post the Satannish Vs Mephisto fight?Because this is who Satannish is.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...dSatannish2.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...dSatannish3.jpg

And this is what happened to Mephisto afterwards.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums...oHumiliated.jpg

I am such a meanie embarrasment

Dormammu>>>>Mephisto

Wasn't this retconned in an Excalibur/Captain Britain MI-6 issue?

But aside from that, how can Dormmamu be Satannish's father if BOTH Satannish and Mephisto are both descended from the same primordial evil?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 06:24 AM