KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bor vs DCnU Darkseid

Bor vs DCnU Darkseid
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Bor vs DCnU Darkseid

Fight on Apokolips.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 01:37 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What has DCNU Darkseid done to be put against Bor?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 01:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

More then Bor. He stomps.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:00 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

How does DCnU Darkseid "stomp"?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:02 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How does DCnU Darkseid "stomp"?

Physically, because he is superior or easily with BFR.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:04 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Physically, because he is superior or easily with BFR.
Bor has shown to be able to transport himself between dimensions so BFR is out

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:06 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

How is he physically superior to a guy that could have one shot killed Thor w/o the Odin Force with a single blow and break Thor w/ the Odin Force's ribs before going into his "unleashed" mode - which would have threatened the entire planet? The guy pushed OF Thor more so than power absorbing Rulk and the Destroyer Armor and caused Mjolnir to actually break after being struck hard enough.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:07 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Batman Prime is just talking OTA. Darkseid doesn't have the fts to prove that he can contend with Bor.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

You defending an Asgardian is making me uneasy.....stop it. (please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:12 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
How is he physically superior to a guy that could have one shot killed Thor w/o the Odin Force with a single blow and break Thor w/ the Odin Force's ribs before going into his "unleashed" mode - which would have threatened the entire planet? The guy pushed OF Thor more so than power absorbing Rulk and the Destroyer Armor and caused Mjolnir to actually break after being struck hard enough.

He took on a Team that was more powerful then OF Thor and their only option was BFR. He also was easily manipulated by Loki. Superman or GL with Shields would survive that blow imho, Diana would use her bracer for defense. Bor wasn't impressive at all. OF was dominated by Rulk. Nothing bad since Rulk had the Loeb force but still.

BFR via OE is different then your average BFR and it would be enough.

I saw that Bor vs OF thor fight and it was lame for a "would be Skyfather". I would rank him as High Herald or Trans as best, Thor with OF too btw.

Originally posted by carver9
Batman Prime is just talking OTA. Darkseid doesn't have the fts to prove that he can contend with Bor.

Calling the kettle black? Bor doesn't have the feats to prove that he can contend with DS.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:12 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

He took on a Team that was more powerful then OF Thor and their only option was BFR. He also was easily manipulated by Loki. Superman or GL with Shields would survive that blow imho, Diana would use her bracer for defense. Bor wasn't impressive at all. OF was dominated by Rulk. Nothing bad since Rulk had the Loeb force but still.

I saw that Bor vs OF thor fight and it was lame for a "would be Skyfather". I would rank him as High Herald or Trans as best, Thor with OF too btw.

Calling the kettle black? Bor doesn't have the feats to prove that he can contend with DS.

Umm... OF Thor would run through DCnU JLA like a sheet of wax paper.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:14 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Batman Prime...

What durability fts does anyone on the DCNU JLA have that proves they can withstand a hit that would kill an average Thor. Please provide scans.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:15 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

I doubt it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:15 PM
carver9

Lol...that's why I said he is talking OTA.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:16 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by carver9
@Batman Prime...

What durability fts does anyone on the DCNU JLA have that proves they can withstand a hit that would kill an average Thor. Please provide scans.

You know it's time for you to go out, buy some DC Comics and start to read them. Looking at selected scans won't do it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:17 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I doubt it.

That's your prerogative I guess, but based on feats no member of the DCnU JLA holds a candle to classic Thor, never mind Odin Force Thor. Thor would roll through them like a out of control wreaking ball.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:18 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

That's your prerogative I guess, but based on feats no member of the DCnU JLA holds a candle to classic Thor, never mind Odin Force Thor.

Imho, from what I have seen from OF Thor and what I remember from Classic Thor, I used to read mostly Marvel comics during that time tbh. Classic thor was far more impressive and powerful then OF Thor. The same is true for Classic Odin and current Odin.

Based on his high end feats and low end feats OF Thor is Herald, nothing more.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:20 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Well, looks like some context is needed for this post.

More powerful as a whole, sure. More powerful individually? Not a chance. He was manipulated by a prepped Loki who took advantage of Bor's defenses being raised. DCnU Superman and Green Lantern don't have the feats that classic Thor has, and that much is obvious. And that wasn't even a solid strike from Bor who tapped into his power as a whole. The only real argument is Diana being able to block with her bracers, and even she hasn't displayed anything from the DCnU to justify her taking on Bor and winning, let alone surviving. Not sure why Bor isn't impressive in your eyes unless you just gloss over the context of his feats. And Rulk was using Loebforce/power absorbing to beat OF Thor, so again, moot point.

Bor could block the OE with his axe.

OF Thor is solidly above High Herald. Looking at his feats and comparing them to classic/current Thor and it's clear that OF Thor >>> Thor without the Odin Force. Normal Thor doesn't tank Destroyer's attacks nor survive attacks that would have killed him easily. So, yes, both OF Thor and Bor above High Heralds and you're wrong in your assessment of both power levels as evidenced by the comics themselves.

So what else do you have?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:20 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Imho, from what I have seen from OF Thor and what I remember from Classic Thor, I used to read mostly Marvel comics during that time tbh. Classic thor was far more impressive and powerful then OF Thor. The same is true for Classic Odin and current Odin.

Well yeah, if we compare Classic Thor's greatest feats to Odin Force Thor's greatest feats, chances are classic Thor will look better. But the amp was there and the intention was shown by his ability to resist attacks that would have killed him in the past with minor damage. There would have been no reason to give Thor an amp, then expect for the readers to conclude he was weaker.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:22 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Based on his high end feats and low end feats OF Thor is Herald, nothing more.

Classic Thor gets killed by the Destroyer Armor. OF Thor tanks the disintegration beam and suffers only charred armor and minor burns. Classic Thor doesn't revive the entire Asgardian race or recreate Asgard from nothingness. OF Thor does. Classic Thor doesn't survive glancing blows from an enraged god by his own admission. Odin Force Thor does.

So, while this may be your opinion, it's not based on anything on panel.

Your argument is tantamount to arguing that because Savage Hulk has high end feats greater than anything done in WWH, he's more powerful than his Green Scar persona. Which is ridiculous considering their portrayal and supported evidence to the contrary.

Normal Thor is high herald. Thor with the Odin Force as portrayed by JMS is above that. Indisputable.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Sep 23rd, 2012 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2012 09:23 PM