KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Is Marvel dominating DC

Is Marvel dominating DC
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Is Marvel dominating DC

Debate!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 12:51 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

In terms of what?

In terms of live cinematic film, hell yeah

In terms of animation, video games and live TV shows, DC dominates Marvel

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 01:00 PM
Rezactic is currently offline Click here to Send Rezactic a Private Message Find more posts by Rezactic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 01:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Re: Is Marvel dominating DC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Debate!
in general or on this forum.?

This forum is easily more DC bias

Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

As in no its not, not no lets not debate.

riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

movies : marvel
TV shows : DC
cartoon/animations : toss up (but I'm edging to DC, after that x-men anime sh1t)
merchandise : marvel

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 01:09 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I think it's obvious with the drastic post-Convergence costume changes.

DC don't know what the **** they're doing.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 01:16 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

I can route for DC's animated TV shows.

(please log in to view the image)

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 01:23 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curse
Restricted

Account Restricted

Movies: Marvel

TV Shows: DC

Games: DC

Animation: DC

Merchandise: Marvel

Comics: Split

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 01:33 PM
Curse is currently offline Click here to Send Curse a Private Message Find more posts by Curse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

DC writes better comics imo (minus Hickman work). A lot of their work seems to be good as of late. Hickman Avenger books are the only stories I am liking right now. The F4 is doing good as well but DC comics are action packed imo.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 02:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Yeah, like everyone says, Marvel is doing much better in the cinemas.

DC's Flash and Arrow are getting better all the time, so is Agents of Shield but it had a really slow start.

Animated movies - DC, no question

I haven't played any comic based games

I actually haven't read any new comics for a few years, so I can't comment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 02:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Depends on your preference IMO. Comics are mostly 50/50 for me right now, but marvel did take away Thor's ongoing, so they can pretty much suck my balls on that front.

DC destroys in animation, Marvel should be absolutely ashamed of their current animation efforts.

DC has a lot to prove on the movie front, but I think MoS is better than every MCU film except Avengers and Cap 2. I know that's the minority opinion, but I'm not too hot on most of Marvel's films.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 05:54 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

What good Marvel films do they have minus Spiderman, Ironman, and Avengers? The last Xmen movie was good but the rest sucked.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:03 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curse
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
What good Marvel films do they have minus Spiderman, Ironman, and Avengers? The last Xmen movie was good but the rest sucked.

GOTG

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:09 PM
Curse is currently offline Click here to Send Curse a Private Message Find more posts by Curse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

thumb up

What about ongoing movies?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:11 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

You didn't like Thor 2?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:29 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Dang. Forgot about Thor. Ok, Marvel is doing good.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:33 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Curse
Movies: Marvel

TV Shows: DC

Games: DC

Animation: DC

Merchandise: Marvel

Comics: Split

thumb up

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:37 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Yes.

In the court of public opinion, Marvel is thrashing DC to bits. DC does, however, have better animation, comics, and live action TV shows.

The problem is that Marvel has been doing so well with the masses via their cinematic universe that people are willing to give them more leeway. Plus, they have a ton of mobile games that have been coming out - while lower in quality than DC's offerings (the Arkham games being the pinnacle of that) - that are getting adopted quicker and being loved. Marvel is essentially marketing to the masses - and winning.

Not only that, but Marvel is, IMO, about to destroy the TV live action section with their Defenders line up. Arrow and Flash are both great and doing extremely well, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Netflix + Marvel is going to up the ante. Not only that, but Marvel has the competitive advantage in that everything is unified in one story universe that makes sense. DC, for whatever reason, decided that none of their movies are connected to their TV shows, and Arrow/Flash are essentially left to make their own shared universe, with no backing from the movies to get more people to watch the shows or vice versa.

Marvel seems to be going for a popcorn feel with movies and a gritty take on the TV properties, where DC is doing the exact opposite (epic/gritty movies, with slightly cheesier TV offerings - Flash for all it's greatness definitely has a cheese factor).

All in all, Marvel is doing better in the one thing that matters most (aside from generating great stories): Marketing. And my guess is that the House of Mouse is behind that.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Apr 1st, 2015 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:42 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Damborgson
You didn't like Thor 2?

Thor is pretty much my favorite character in all of creative fiction. But, that said, his movies suck. The entire affair just reeks of not trying to be offensive. I can't stand the fact that they make the Asgardians aliens instead of gods, and worse yet, they take every opportunity to remind the viewers of this just to be sure they don't offend some goober in Eastern Texas. I straight up almost barfed when Natalie Portman was correcting Freyja (or whoever that was) on the fuctionality of that Asgardian device. Seriously, phuck that.

Make a movie that's true to Thor's character, with all of the mythology in tact, stop trying to appease the Bible Belt and make a movie for real fans.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 06:51 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote