KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jesus...the Creator?

Jesus...the Creator?
Started by: Justbyfaith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Justbyfaith
CONTENDER OF THE FAITH

Shocked Jesus...the Creator?

The Bible teaches that Jesus created all things. What do you say?

"He (God the Father) has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son (Jesus) of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, AND IN HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST."

Colossians 1:13-17

MATTHEW 9:36

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 04:17 PM
Justbyfaith is currently offline Click here to Send Justbyfaith a Private Message Find more posts by Justbyfaith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Jesus...the Creator?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Justbyfaith

"He (God the Father) has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son (Jesus) of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. FOR BY HIM ALL THINGS WERE CREATED that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, AND IN HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST."

I follow the teachings of the Lotus sutra.

A core principle of the essential teaching of the Lotus Sutra is that the Buddha actually attained enlightenment in the remote past. This is revealed in the “Life Span of the Thus Come One” (sixteenth) chapter, in which Buddha states, “But good men, it has been immeasurable, boundless hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, millions of nayutas of kalpas since I in fact attained Buddhahood.” Thus, Buddha expresses that an incalculably vast period has passed since he first became a Buddha. This immense span of time is often called “numberless major world system dust particle kalpas,”

There was never any point of creation. God (Universe +) has always been.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 04:25 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I say no. big grin

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 05:21 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Alliance
I say no. big grin

Come on, give us a quote from your "holy" book. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:08 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Come on, give us a quote from your "holy" book. stick out tongue

Is there a book of logic?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:15 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Is there a book of logic?

No wonder you are so... you. You don't have a holy book. eek! You had better get to the library. laughing

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:21 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Library=Temple...but the closes one has 3 million volumes and I cant read them all. sad

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:22 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Library=Temple...but the closes one has 3 million volumes and I cant read them all. sad

Buddhists have that same problem. I have about 20 books on my to read list. eek!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:25 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I have a bookshelf full...I just try to plow though them!

what problems we have...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:27 PM
Regret
One Among Many

The term translated into God for the creation in Genesis is "'elohiym"

'elohiym

Definition
(plural)
rulers, judges
divine ones
angels
gods
(plural intensive - singular meaning)
god, goddess
godlike one
works or special possessions of God
the (true) God
God

eyhl) is the plural form of hhwl) which definition is simply

1. God
or
2. False God

Imo it is possible that the term in Genesis refers to more than one God, thus Jesus Christ, and we believe other beings, assisted God the Father in the creation.

We also believe that God the Father directed or managed creation, and Christ did the actual creating with aid from angels.

There is a problem that Hebrew speakers will, at times, use the plural to designate greatness or majesty. So it is entirely possible that the Genesis account is referring to one entity.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:40 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

or Genesis could refer to a pantheon

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:52 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Re: Jesus...the Creator?

Originally posted by Justbyfaith

Well first you have to have some concrete proof that he was the creator..........If there was, then I'd believe it............Just because of the verse that says "And the Word was god, and became flesh" doesn't mean that we should worship him........He could of been a messenger for all we know (which is possible)...........As for someone or something creating the invisible.......yes, I do believe there are things, or what ever you want to call it in the invisible.............Quantum physics says so............and in knowing this?????????????????? Does this prove there is SOMETHING??

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:57 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

^ or it could be a reflection of people's beliefs, at the time, and have nothing to do with what really happened. The truth in the bible is not literal.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 06:57 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Sciences need to be blended.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:26 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

religion needs to submit

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:28 PM
Regret
One Among Many

resistance is futile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:29 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Regret
resistance is futile

laughing

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:30 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

resistance to what?

Regret
One Among Many

the Borg of course wink ....science

Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

ick...startrek

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 07:44 PM