KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » God is greater

God is greater
Started by: Wonderer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonderer

God is greater

God is greater than any interpretation and religion about him. When it comes to the truth, we are all just as far or close to it than anybody else. Any religion that claims to have the only truth about God is arrogant and more misguided than anyone else, because God laughs at those who think they have knowledge. That's why Adam and Eve was punished! laughing

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 09:12 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

so....is god laughing at you because you know the truth about the truth?

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 09:47 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SelphieT
so....is god laughing at you because you know the truth about the truth?

Probably. That's the point I'm trying to make. I'm not claiming I have the truth, I'm saying that we cannot have it, which is not stating 'The Truth', but more like saying like Socrates: I know that I don't know, get it?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 10:28 AM
Wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send Wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by Wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

no, you know what you don't give a shit about. thats different.

"Any religion that claims to have the only truth about God is arrogant and more misguided than anyone else, because God laughs at those who think they have knowledge."

hence the reason for faith. show me any biblical proof that god laughs at our own knowledge of him. the fact that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about is arrogant in itself. so before you make uneducated judgements on shit you obviously have no clue about, do your damn research.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 10:36 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

i don't really get it..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 10:36 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Re: God is greater

Originally posted by Wonderer
Any religion that claims to have the only truth about God is arrogant and more misguided than anyone else, because God laughs at those who think they have knowledge.

Hmmm. Well that would be most religions then.

Personally I prefer gods (or figures) that encourage knowledge, the seeking of wisdom and enlightenment (in a concept kind of way) such Ganesh, Buddha, Thoth. And maybe Dionysus for the primal chaos of change and creativity he represents (as well as wine.)

quote:

No, not really. One way of interpreting some of the tings Socrates said in relation to wisdom and knowledge is that it is about realising how little you know, and can ever know. Any person who claims to "know it all/the ultimate truth" would be misguided and lack wisdom, as there is no way for a person to know everything.

Of course Socrates goes a lot deeper then that.

quote:
hence the reason for faith. show me any biblical proof that god laughs at our own knowledge of him. the fact that you have no idea what the hell you are talking about is arrogant in itself. so before you make uneducated judgements on shit you obviously have no clue about, do your damn research.

Well I guess then again there isn't really Biblical proof he doesn't laugh at us (being prepared to send people to Hell it doesn't seem that far fetched he might not laugh.) But then again if he did exist, and was anything like the prudish type represented in the Bible he doesn't seem like the laughing sort. Plagues and death yes, laughter no.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 11:25 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonderer

Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.

"Any religion that claims to have the only truth about God is arrogant and more misguided than anyone else, because God laughs at those who think they have knowledge."

It seems you're unaware of Christianity's superiority claim! The Bible condemns all other religions and it declares itself as the only truth. You are the ignorant one here.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2006 11:36 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

God is greater than any interpretation and religion about him. When it comes to the truth, we are all just as far or close to it than anybody else. Any religion that claims to have the only truth about God is arrogant and more misguided than anyone else, because God laughs at those who think they have knowledge. That's why Adam and Eve was punished! laughing

This dictats that god must exist.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:31 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I think its pathetic that people make up their own god. "God laughs at those who think they have knowledge". LAUGHING OUT LOUD. You totally made that up. You have made your imagination and wants be your god. That is truly sad and misguided because it makes you think you have some semblance of the truth, but absolutely nothing other than idiocy to base it on. Not that I'm judging or anything like that....

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:36 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

You made up your god too.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 07:55 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Really? At the very least someone else made him up for me and at least took time to write a good book about Him.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:00 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

So did all the other religons of the book. Every god has their mythology. Its part of the deal.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:07 AM
Wonderer

Originally posted by Nellinator
I think its pathetic that people make up their own god. "God laughs at those who think they have knowledge". LAUGHING OUT LOUD. You totally made that up. You have made your imagination and wants be your god. That is truly sad and misguided because it makes you think you have some semblance of the truth, but absolutely nothing other than idiocy to base it on. Not that I'm judging or anything like that....

My dear friend, you seem confused and angered at my statement. I'm not trying to make up anything, but I'm merely expressing my feelings toward God. Please, I wish you no harm or judgement. To me, God or the ultimate truth does exist, in fact, it is existence. And in the face of this truth, it 'laughs' at us in a metaphorical sense, because we think we know the truth via concepts. The truth does exist, but we can only live inside it and truly know it without our proud conceptual systems through faith in its goodnes and absolute nature of God.

Peace and happiness to you, my fellow being. smile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:13 AM
Wonderer

My dear friend, you seem confused and angered at my statement. I'm not trying to make up anything, but I'm merely expressing my feelings toward God. Please, I wish you no harm or judgement. To me, God or the ultimate truth does exist, in fact, it is existence. And in the face of this truth, it 'laughs' at us in a metaphorical sense, because we think we know the truth via concepts. The truth does exist, but we can only live inside it and truly know it without our proud conceptual systems through faith in its goodnes and absolute nature.

Peace and happiness to you, my fellow being. smile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:15 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Its my fellow ENITITY! ENTITY! ENTITY! ENTITY! laughing

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:15 AM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I was being sarcastic and cynical. I hope you understand I didn't really mean any of it and I did understand your metaphor. My apologies.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:20 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I never know. Some people hold that opinion.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:24 AM
Wonderer

Originally posted by Alliance
I never know. Some people hold that opinion.

Very true. To some people things are a joke(like God laughing out loud ), while to others it's very serious(us people). It's all good though.

Originally posted by Nellinator
I was being sarcastic and cynical. I hope you understand I didn't really mean any of it and I did understand your metaphor. My apologies.

cool It's ok, I'm sarcastic and cynical also sometimes, but I try not to be.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:29 AM
mahasattva

Does this God, a creator, not only get hate but also laughs? Does he smile a lot? what does he look like when he smile and get angry? confused

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:10 PM
mahasattva is currently offline Click here to Send mahasattva a Private Message Find more posts by mahasattva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: God is greater

Originally posted by mahasattva
Does this God, a creator, not only get hate but also laughs? Does he smile a lot? what does he look like when he smile and get angry? confused

"He" looks like you and me, because "he" is you and me. big grin

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 02:44 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote