KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Can I wait til I'm old, on my deathbed to I ask God for forgiveness? Will he accept?

Deathbed Forgiveness
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 8 66.67%
No 4 33.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can I wait til I'm old, on my deathbed to I ask God for forgiveness? Will he accept?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Can I wait til I'm old, on my deathbed to I ask God for forgiveness? Will he accept?

Can I be a badboy all my life and ask for forgiveness as an old dying man and will he forgive me?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 07:46 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

According to some religons, yes.

of course this procludes that:

1. There is something to forgive

2. THere is something that can forgive you.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 07:57 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Can I be a badboy all my life and ask for forgiveness as an old dying man and will he forgive me?
That's my plan anyway.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 07:59 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Can I wait til I'm old, on my deathbed to I ask God for forgiveness? Will he accept?

IMO there is nothing to be saved from.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:02 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

imo too

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:03 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
IMO there is nothing to be saved from.
Now there's a thought.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:10 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

According to the Bible, yes. It was even written that Darwin was on his death bed asking for forgiveness.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:18 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Darwin was very religious.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:19 PM
FistOfThe North

Darwin? The evolutionist? Lol, he hell? I thought he was an atheist.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:22 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Hell no. He originally was in seminary school. All his work had massive religous overtones. He thought he discovered the way god worked.

Science was a way to get closer to god, to understand his nature and the nature of his creation.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:24 PM
FistOfThe North

Ops, typo. I meant ... "Lol, what the hell?"

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:24 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

np.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:25 PM
FistOfThe North

But the opposite of evolution is creationsim, which was obviously opposed, right?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:33 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No. Its just not 7-day creationism.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:42 PM
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Re: Can I wait til I'm old, on my deathbed to I ask God for forgiveness? Will he acce

I voted yes, but you cannot just ask for forgiveness with your mouth on your death bed as I assume you mean. You have to truly believe that Christ died on the cross for you and that by his blood your sins will be washed away. Confessing it with your mouth is only part of it. "God weighs the motives of the heart." You need to believe as well to receive the forgiveness.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:45 PM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Or none of it actually happens.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 08:46 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Alliance
Or none of it actually happens.

Talk about onliners, eh?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 09:20 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

However, the "deathbed conversion" program (fire insurance included) suffers from the "sudden death" clause, in which, if one dies prematurely, one doesn't have the opportunity to fulfill the legal obligations of the "deathbed conversion" program.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 09:22 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by FeceMan
Yes.

However, the "deathbed conversion" program (fire insurance included) suffers from the "sudden death" clause, in which, if one dies prematurely, one doesn't have the opportunity to fulfill the legal obligations of the "deathbed conversion" program.

This is the program that costs your soul right?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 09:23 PM
LordFear

I answered no because it is not as simple as it sounds. You just don't realize that you were an ******* all your life and on your deathbed say" Hey God forgive right, we cool right?" Nah, PEOPLE it doesn't work like that. Redemption is very possible but you have to truly truly mean it, you have to feel a complete transformation or else you will not be granted forgiveness

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 10:41 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote