KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Bible is Boring

The Bible is Boring
Started by: Lord Urizen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Sleep The Bible is Boring

Sorry Guys, but it really is.....

I mean, except for the Revelation parts at the end....that's some really cool stuff, the Apocalypse has been inspiration for many many stories in literature and comic books ! That's pretty hott.

But otherwise, whether you beleive it saves your soul, or whether you beleive it's full of BS, why does it have to be so boring ?

Thousands of pages full of meaningless, endless repitition and contradiction......puts me to sleep if I read it for more than an hour.

Why can't someone spice it up a bit ? Can't religion be fun ? Like Sex ?

Why is it whenever something is fun, it's wrong ???? And whenever something is Boring, it's right ???

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:50 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Leviticus is the worst.....Genesis was pretty cool though.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:51 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Most of it is boring.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:55 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

If the bible is boring, this thread has a boring future.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:56 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Boring present...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:56 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 08:57 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Re: The Bible is Boring

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Sorry Guys, but it really is.....

I mean, except for the Revelation parts at the end....that's some really cool stuff, the Apocalypse has been inspiration for many many stories in literature and comic books ! That's pretty hott.

But otherwise, whether you beleive it saves your soul, or whether you beleive it's full of BS, why does it have to be so boring ?

Thousands of pages full of meaningless, endless repitition and contradiction......puts me to sleep if I read it for more than an hour.

Why can't someone spice it up a bit ? Can't religion be fun ? Like Sex ?

Why is it whenever something is fun, it's wrong ???? And whenever something is Boring, it's right ???

Well it is if one is reading it for pure entertainment purposes - if you want that you should read some modern fiction. If you want it in religious texts you'll have to get into the "pagan"religions or Hinduism. They have wonderful stories.

Still, I don't think the Bible is as bad as all that - depending on what one is looking for. I don't, due to my views, treat it like a book of truths. However it is still an accomplished bit of writing that has value in a number of ways, including in historical terms.

Boring if you want bang for your buck? - Yes.
Boring if one is studying early Christian thought or Christianity in the late Roman Empire? - No.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:41 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Parts of the Bible is pretty boring to read through yes. Why shouldn't it be? The OT contain Jewish legal codes; do you expect legal codes to be exciting?

On a similar note, would you expect letters to communities giving spiritual balance to be exciting?

It's obvious that you just like stirring up shit (is God gay? The Bible is so boring! LOL Christians), so I feel like I'm wasting my time responding to you, but if you read the Bhagavad Gita, for example, you won't find that terribly interesting, either.

Last edited by Gregory on Aug 29th, 2006 at 11:54 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:51 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

It's interesting to study how the bibles phrases and meanings have changed throughout history..and what was thought of at a certain time in history about the books...Just like the Reformers thought at their own time Rev. and the Beast was happening.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2006 11:55 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Gregory
Parts of the Bible is pretty boring to read through yes. Why shouldn't it be? The OT contain Jewish legal codes; do you expect legal codes to be exciting?

I find them exciting, but then again people say I am a bit eccentric.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:28 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I find them hilarious, but they dont have any real value to me.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:31 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Kaballahs more interesting actually.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:32 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Alliance
I find them hilarious, but they dont have any real value to me.

I was talking about legal codes in general, not specifically the ones in the Bible.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:40 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Oh.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2006 12:40 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I was talking about legal codes in general, not specifically the ones in the Bible.
You mean Old Jewish Laws?? Or ancient Laws??

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 01:22 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by debbiejo
You mean Old Jewish Laws?? Or ancient Laws??

Laws in general. If I wasn't doing what I am now I would likely have studied law. But while the thought of studying law excited me a great deal the idea of becoming a lawyer did not. I realised there were plenty of other avenues available where one could apply ones legal knowledge, but I decided to just do something totally different.

Though I will admit, ancient laws are quite interesting. Especially Roman ones, even when they start getting a Christian flavor.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 01:56 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Actually our US laws are based on some Roman Laws and called "Natural Laws"........It's neat to see how some things stay the same....

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:09 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah...except for the Roman law that all citizens didn't have to pay taxes.

Where did that one go?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:13 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

That came with WWII, I think, and it was only to be temporary......now look at us.........

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:14 AM
Morgoths_Wrath

confused

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:14 AM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote