KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Internet Prosthelytism

Internet Prosthelytism
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam_PoE

Internet Prosthelytism

. . . is stupid, and The Bible agrees:

quote:
Mark 7:6

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 08:09 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mark 16:15
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 08:16 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Wow. Even Mark is contradictory.

I vote for the 7:6 passage.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 01:58 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

But this forum is not for prosthelytism. No one should be preaching the gospel on this forum.

Should I be shakabukuing people here?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 02:40 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

There is a differnece between debunking anothers argument, and preaching.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2006 05:55 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

So, clearly Mark was uncertain about what to do in this case. Normally in such situations it is best to err on the side of caution and respect the other side.

This would likely involve not preaching at them, and perhaps realising their faith has value and is equally as deserving of respect and consideration.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 01:26 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No, Mark was probably a religious zealot...like a terrorist.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 01:27 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

All of you cause me considerable pain.

On the plus side, those agreeing with the first posted passage are acknowledging themselves as lesser beings, the equivalent of animals.

Or, we could say that we're all humans, equals, and that the act of preaching the good news is not the equivalent of giving pigs jewelry.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 02:53 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Alliance
No, Mark was probably a religious zealot...like a terrorist.

Yes, running around with a belt filled with jars of Greek Fire, just waiting for the chance...

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 02:54 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

laughing Greek Fire.

Yum.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:11 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by FeceMan

On the plus side, those agreeing with the first posted passage are acknowledging themselves as lesser beings, the equivalent of animals.

Or, we could say that we're all humans, equals, and that the act of preaching the good news is not the equivalent of giving pigs jewelry.

Please forgive those who cause you pain. I do all the time.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:17 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Pain builds character.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:18 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Pain builds character.

Then I must have great character with you always just behind me. stick out tongue laughing

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:20 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No. I'm not a pain to you.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:57 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

No. I'm not a pain to you.

No, you are not, but I will still tease you every chance I get. wink

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:59 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

ok.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 06:00 AM
NinthCorona

Which should imply that a balance should be struck.

In other words, STFU.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 06:01 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Re: Internet Prosthelytism

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
. . . is stupid, and The Bible agrees:
quote:
Mark 7:6

Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

My take on Mark 7:6 is that it is referring to going in depth and into points of doctrine that are irrelevant to increasing the Christlike nature of the individual, if the individual is not willing to hear/understand it. So, if doctrine does not increase a person's ability to become a better person, it will be wasted on such an individual if he/she is unwilling to hear or understand it. It does not refer to discussing religion in general with another, it only cautions against discussing the finer points of doctrine with someone that would not benefit from these finer points.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 04:30 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank God this thread has been so productive. I should quit wasting energy and just spam "lol christians" in every ****ing thread.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:39 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FeceMan

*Sighs.*

Old Post Sep 29th, 2006 05:56 PM