KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Catholics think they should have special privileges

Catholics think they should have special privileges
Started by: allofyousuckkk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

Catholics think they should have special privileges

On a whole, (not individuals), Catholics believe that they have should have more of a sayso in a decision. Such as:

Gay marriage: God said it was wrong. Gay marriage must be illegal because gays are an abomination.

They believe it is their job to educate others about their religion. Why? Because their religion is the correct one.

Abortion: God said this is wrong. Jesus would frown upon it. Thus, it's wrong. (personally, i'm pro-life, but I don't like how the bible is brought into ccontexgt whenever an abortion debate is going, because then the entire pro-life side automatically has lost)

Witchcraft- God says it's wrong, anyone with magic is automatically challenging him (note- I don't believe in witchcraft, but some people do). Thus, wiccans are evil and cannot be trusted(I'm not even going to start about Harry Potter)

Scientology- The true sign of a christian/catholic: They can twist any scientific fact and twist it so that god is included.

Halloween- This is an evil holiday. We may not realize it, but letting our kids run around outside wearing masks and getting free candy is actually brainwashing them into worshipping satan. PROTECT YOUR KIDS!

This is just to name a few things.

This is something(like i said, this doesn't include every christian/catholic) i found this on a christian website:

Christian views should play an important role in shaping our communities. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our legal system. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our political structure. Express your Christian Views and make an impact on your future and your children's future!

for more reading, go to www.exposingsatanism.com

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 08:05 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Wait, this is just catholics?

No.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 09:57 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

hmmm

i guess not

i was just going for the obvious

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 11:46 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I would think its obvious that Catholics are far from special.

Besides, scientology has nothing to do with the distortion of scientific fact, and is not really related at all to Catholicism.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 12:18 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

i was saying that whenever you give some sort of scientific evidence for anything, it is automatically twisted to make it include god and how he did it.

i wasnt saying scientology was distorting a fact, reading back, it comes off as such

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 01:00 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

*cough* Please refrain from lumping all Cathoilics into one big ugly bunch. As I can assure you that not all of us believe some of the crap you posted above.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 01:07 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Good suggestion.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 01:28 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Re: Catholics think they should have special privileges

quote: (post)
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
Scientology- The true sign of a christian/catholic: They can twist any scientific fact and twist it so that god is included.

Christian science and Scientology are very different things. Misrepresentations make Baby Tom Cruise cry. Or is it baby Jesus?

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 03:09 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

which is why i said not individuals perse, but on the whole, a lot of catholics(and many other religions, just catholics came to mind at first) think their opinion is more important because they are the religon they are

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 03:14 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

"Halloween- This is an evil holiday."

^
That's gotta be the biggest load of BS I've heard in years. Catholics are probably one of the few Christian relegions that actually celebrate Halloween.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 03:50 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

i was saying that whenever you give some sort of scientific evidence for anything, it is automatically twisted to make it include god and how he did it.

i wasnt saying scientology was distorting a fact, reading back, it comes off as such
At the same time atheists tend to twist every sort of scientific evidence into an attack on the concept of God, regardless of the fact that scientific evidence is silent on the subject. As well as often taking a scientist's opinion as holding validity when the scientist is making statements beyond the scope of the evidence at hand. Science is silent on the subject of God, both groups need to remember that, yet neither seems to want to admit this truth.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 06:05 AM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charmed_Phoebe
Disappearing

Catholics??? Hahaha..........Mithra men.

Catholic priest and a rabbi were chatting one day when the conversation turned to a discussion of job descriptions and promotions.

"What do you have to look forward to in terms of being promoted?" asked the rabbi.

"Well, I'm next in line for the Monsignor's job," replied the priest.

"Yes, and then what?" asked the rabbi.

"Well, next I can become a bishop."

"Yes, and then?"

"If I work real hard and do a good job as bishop, it's possible for me to become an archbishop.""OK, then what?"

Exasperated, the priest replied, "With some luck and real hard work, maybe I can become a cardinal."

"And then?"

Growing angry, the priest responded, "Well, with lots and lots of luck and some real difficult work, if I'm in the right places at the right times and play my political games just right, maybe, just maybe, I can get elected Pope."

"Yes, and then what?"

"Good grief!" shouted the priest. "What do you expect me to become, GOD?"

"Well," responded the rabbi, "One of our boys made it!"

Jews rule........LOL

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 07:11 AM
Charmed_Phoebe is currently offline Click here to Send Charmed_Phoebe a Private Message Find more posts by Charmed_Phoebe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by Alliance
Wait, this is just catholics?

No.

Yeah, as far as I undestand it will not only be Catholics. Especially since they are not majority. I think the Baptists are or Protestants...

In case anyone was wondering, we don't really have Halloween in Europe. Well in England there little think, but its not really celebrated.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Nov 16th, 2006 at 12:43 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2006 12:39 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

hahahahahahaha to the joke posted above

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 01:56 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Catholics think they should have special privileges

On a whole, (not individuals), Catholics believe that they have should have more of a sayso in a decision. Such as:

Gay marriage: God said it was wrong. Gay marriage must be illegal because gays are an abomination.

They believe it is their job to educate others about their religion. Why? Because their religion is the correct one.

Abortion: God said this is wrong. Jesus would frown upon it. Thus, it's wrong. (personally, i'm pro-life, but I don't like how the bible is brought into ccontexgt whenever an abortion debate is going, because then the entire pro-life side automatically has lost)

Witchcraft- God says it's wrong, anyone with magic is automatically challenging him (note- I don't believe in witchcraft, but some people do). Thus, wiccans are evil and cannot be trusted(I'm not even going to start about Harry Potter)

Halloween- This is an evil holiday. We may not realize it, but letting our kids run around outside wearing masks and getting free candy is actually brainwashing them into worshipping satan. PROTECT YOUR KIDS!

This is just to name a few things.

This is something(like i said, this doesn't include every christian/catholic) i found this on a christian website:

Christian views should play an important role in shaping our communities. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our legal system. Christian views should play an important role in shaping our political structure. Express your Christian Views and make an impact on your future and your children's future!

for more reading, go to www.exposingsatanism.com
laughing That's so funny.

quote:
(I'm not even going to start about Harry Potter)
I know what they did.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:00 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
*cough* Please refrain from lumping all Cathoilics into one big ugly bunch. As I can assure you that not all of us believe some of the crap you posted above.
You miss have the same attitude as sithsaber. Just thought I'd tell you.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 08:02 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

The world needs more catholics so that their opinions become laws!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 09:59 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

wether or not the above poster is serious, my post is summed up into one sentance

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 02:56 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Soleran
The world needs more catholics so that their opinions become laws!
There was not burning at the stake smilie sooo

This is your fate debbiejo -->

Noooooooo ..

Yes it is debbiejo cool

Nooooooo .but, but I was baptised Catholic...

Yes yes we all decided....

How many life times does a person have to go through this?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 03:10 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

WOW. The guy behind that website needs to open his eyes.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 02:38 PM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote