KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » ..No religion=(

..No religion=(
Started by: Darth Oblivion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Demise
Your Demise

..No religion=(

So, I'm taking a class called sociology and we are currently studying religion. My teacher asked the class about all the religions and who believed what. He listed off all the religions like Buddist, Morman, Baptist, etc. The class was to raise their hand when their religion was named and he counted them. The thing is, I don't have a religion so when he was calling the religions out, I felt secluded and insignificant. I felt like I just didn't belong... sad

Thanks to starlock for the sig. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never brought a pen to a sword fight.-I AM YOUR DEMISE!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 04:31 PM
Darth Demise is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Demise a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: ..No religion=(

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Oblivion
So, I'm taking a class called sociology and we are currently studying religion. My teacher asked the class about all the religions and who believed what. He listed off all the religions like Buddist, Morman, Baptist, etc. The class was to raise their hand when their religion was named and he counted them. The thing is, I don't have a religion so when he was calling the religions out, I felt secluded and insignificant. I felt like I just didn't belong... sad

Dont worry about it. Within time you will probably find the path you are looking for.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 04:38 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thundar
Restricted

Account Restricted

I definitely know how that can feel. Here's a an informative site, that has a lot of stuff about Christianity on it.

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/beliefs.htm

Don't worry. You don't have to convert right away, although I'm sure the big guy up in the sky(God) would be very happy if you did..wink

Hope this helps. And good luck to you buddy.

Thundercats Hooo!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 04:48 PM
Thundar is currently offline Click here to Send Thundar a Private Message Find more posts by Thundar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Boy, have you asked for trouble, and I can see it has already begun. eek!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 04:56 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: Re: ..No religion=(

Originally posted by Thundar
I definitely know how that can feel. Here's a an informative site, that has a lot of stuff about Christianity on it.

Don't worry. You don't have to convert right away, although I'm sure the big guy up in the sky(God) would be very happy if you did..wink

Oh dear. sad

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 05:40 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regret
One Among Many

Typically, in my university experiences, professors that did this sort of thing were attacking the concept of religion in some manner. Your lack of religion may have placed you in the professor's group. I could be wrong though, you did not elaborate on the professor's statement of motivation for the exercise.

Robbin' from the rich to give to themselves

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 06:00 PM
Regret is currently offline Click here to Send Regret a Private Message Find more posts by Regret Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You're not a mindless sheep, nor are you conforming to the dualistic social norm of religious labels, thereby limiting yourself into a category that neither fully explains your beliefs nor does justice to your individuality.

Congrats! Don't feel left out. Feel liberated.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 06:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Don't feel alone. You are way overdramatizing your situation. Many people neglect atheists or agnostics. Its nothign to be ashamed of. You should have raised your hand and stated that you are non-religious.

If you're really concerned, talk the the professor in private and tell him how you feel.

Don't listen to psychotic zealots like Alfiem or Thundar. You don't need a religion. If you want one, explore and find what best suits your needs. There are over a billion people in the world that idendify themselves as some form of non-religion. Thats not a minority at all.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 06:39 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Alfheim
Dont worry about it. Within time you will probably find the path you are looking for.

Or has already found it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 06:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

wow, just what the zealots want, someone without a religion. OOOOOOO just look at the bible thumpers swarm. SAVE yourself DArth, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 06:44 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Alliance

Don't listen to psychotic zealots like Alfiem or Thundar. You don't need a religion. If you want one, explore and find what best suits your needs. There are over a billion people in the world that idendify themselves as some form of non-religion. Thats not a minority at all.

Whoaaa , whooaa . You are misintepreting what I said. I said he will find his path, that includes atheism or agnosticism or whatever......geeeezzzz.

I said he will find the path he is looking for, how does that sound zealous to you. What the f**k?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 06:52 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what if you don't belong?

I don't belong with naive retards -- not terribly bad is it?

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 07:34 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

ATTENTION!

"No one, I mean no one, in this conversation bring up the question of "Why the science teacher is asking for religions."

Alright?

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 07:50 PM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by JacopeX
ATTENTION!

"No one, I mean no one, in this conversation bring up the question of "Why the science teacher is asking for religions."

Alright?

Originally posted by Regret
Typically, in my university experiences, professors that did this sort of thing were attacking the concept of religion in some manner. Your lack of religion may have placed you in the professor's group. I could be wrong though, you did not elaborate on the professor's statement of motivation for the exercise.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 07:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

ATTENTION!

Alright?

...what are you talking about?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

ATTENTION!

Alright?

Sociology...though I guess sociologist enjoy calling it science.

Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thundar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alliance

Irony is usually not realized by those who produce it.

Thundercats Hooo!!!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 08:04 PM
Thundar is currently offline Click here to Send Thundar a Private Message Find more posts by Thundar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: ..No religion=(

Irony is usually not realized by those who produce it.

So, true. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 08:07 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

So what? If you can identify as having a belief (even one that is not a religion) you aren't truly left out of that group unless you let yourself be.

God is going to kill you someday.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 08:17 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thundar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
God is going to kill you someday.

*oh..no..no..no..tres contraire mon frere..God is not going to kill anyone..as it is written...

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 8:51 “Truly, truly, I say to you, if any one keeps my word, he will never see death.”

Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

*sin is responsable for death..not god.....but even when one's sinful physiqe that is of this world perishes....a person will still live in Christ...wink

Thundercats Hooo!!!

Last edited by Thundar on Jan 26th, 2007 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 08:58 PM