KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Religon...gods practical joke?

Religon...gods practical joke?
Started by: TRH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TRH
Grand Poobah

Shocked Religon...gods practical joke?

Could god have falsely created all religions as a joke and then when we get to heaven he will laugh his ass of then give us a joint??? confused

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:36 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Religon...gods practical joke?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TRH
Could god have falsely created all religions as a joke and then when we get to heaven he will laugh his ass of then give us a joint??? confused

No. Man created religion out of a need to understand the world around them and a thirst for power.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:41 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Primarily need to understand the world. Thirst for power came later, around 200-300 CE.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:43 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Religon...gods practical joke?

Originally posted by TRH

Yes any god that would create a world like this is probably an ass.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:43 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

OK then mister serious all the time

Sig By pittman

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:44 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: Re: Religon...gods practical joke?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yes any god that would create a world like this is probably an ass.

Or doesn't exist.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:45 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by TRH
OK then mister serious all the time

Hey! I was only joking, couldn't you tell. no expression

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:46 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Alliance
Or doesn't exist.

no expression

Its unbelievably stupid to ignore the whole point if a thread.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 02:59 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

no expression

Its unbelievably stupid to ignore the whole point if a thread.

What if a thread does not have a point, or at least one that can be found? erm

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:07 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

My postwas edited out... sad

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:11 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Blaxican
My postwas edited out... sad

confused How was it edited out? confused

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:38 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What if a thread does not have a point, or at least one that can be found? erm

True but Alliance has a tendency to do things like just declare that god doesn't exist rather than bothering with the thread.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:55 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

tendancy impies a trend. If I think a question is pertenant I'll bring it up. I often argue given preconditions.

It was raised in response to your comment, not to the original question posed by the thread.

No religion really portrays an assy god. It doesn't make sense. If god is assy, no religion is correct, and then there is not a real good reason to belive in god in the first place.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 03:59 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Alliance
tendancy impies a trend. If I think a question is pertenant I'll bring it up. I often argue given preconditions.

It was raised in response to your comment, not to the original question posed by the thread.

No religion really portrays an assy god. It doesn't make sense. If god is assy, no religion is correct, and then there is not a real good reason to belive in god in the first place.

The thread (and my comment) had nothing to do with god as described in religion.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 04:01 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

God is primarily described in religion, wheather it is a large org like Christianity or your own personal rituals.

I stand by my comment.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 04:16 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

The thread (and my comment) had nothing to do with god as described in religion.

How many Gods/gods are there without religions? If I am not mistaken most God's are delivered to the masses by a religious medium with that religions spin.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 02:33 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
How many Gods/gods are there without religions? If I am not mistaken most God's are delivered to the masses by a religious medium with that religions spin.

There's no particular reason you couldn't have a God without a religion. That is, just because God existed, it wouldn't follow naturally that some group of humans have managed to get the inside scoop on him.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 02:46 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Who else?
Who knows?

God doesn't play jokes...but he might give us a joint.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 03:15 AM
Who else? is currently offline Click here to Send Who else? a Private Message Find more posts by Who else? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Religon...gods practical joke?

Well...

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
(Voltaire)

Though I imagine these days He might say something more like,
"Everyone...lighten up."

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:18 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Gregory
There's no particular reason you couldn't have a God without a religion. That is, just because God existed, it wouldn't follow naturally that some group of humans have managed to get the inside scoop on him.

Yet in most cases of a God or gods we learn of them and they are represented through a religion of some sort.

Of course it is possible to have a God without a religion, but then we likely wouldn't know of it, because the moment a God seems to become known a religion conveniently pops up to tell us all about it.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 12:39 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote