KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Who would win, the Exile or Revan?

Who would win between Revan and the Exile?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Revan 22 81.48%
Exile 3 11.11%
Tie/Neither 2 7.41%
Total: 27 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would win, the Exile or Revan?
Started by: Lord Darkstar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

Who would win, the Exile or Revan?

Who would win between the Exile and Revan? Now before everyone assumes Revan would win, remember that he was mostly a battleship commander, he did not do much hand to hand fighting, the Exile was a General and fought in several battles. Yes it is true that Revan beat Darth Bandon and Darth Malak, but I think that if the Jedi hadn't taken him captive and Malak challenged him, Malak would have won. The Exile on the other hand faced down 4 powerful Jedi Masters, if you went dark, (Atris, Kavar, the one with the weird name on Nar Shadda and Dorak), none of those Jedi were weak, he also faced down 3 powerful Sith Lords, Kreia (Darth Traya), Darth Sion and Darth Nilihus. The Exile also fought several times on his own, Revan almost always had 2 others with him. Now this does not mean I hate Revan and think he is weak, I really like the guy, but I was just pointing some stuff out that people seem to miss. Please give reason for your answers and if you want brake it up into different categories, force strength, tactics, lightsaber skills etc. Please respond.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

There's already a thread with the same thing in it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t327414.html

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 04:54 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lomonduil
Mercenary for Hire

who cares. i would go with revan b/c arfter all he was a sith lord who owned Darth Malak!!!!!!!!!!!!! beer

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Lomonduil a Private Message Find more posts by Lomonduil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think it would be wise to consider just one little tiny detail...

If Malak could have defeated his master in combat, why did he have to fire at his master's bridge during an intense space battle to usurp power? Uh, cuz he's afraid of his old master. That's why. Malak was quite hardcore in his own right, but Revan faced off against the Jedi boarding party with supreme confidence, even choking one to death before Bastila and the others. I am certain he was more than capable as a fighter.

Another thing I found out recently, since I actually convinced the old hag to divulge some info on Revan in KOTOR II...

Kreia sees two different things- in the Exile, she says she sees a wound in the Force... likea blackhole, eating away at such; in Revan, she said it was like looking into the Force. The esteem and power with which she credits the old Sith Lord makes him out to be much more of a badass than we could have ever made him in the game.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth prevora

ok , here, we , go ,
kreia , said what do you see, to the exile and she said , she saw death , emptyness, and what she said she saw in revan , it was power,

both were leaders,
both were trained by kreia,
both were sith lords, if you finished it evil
but here is the thing

revan was one to seek knowledge ,he went out to the outer rim to find the true sith , if revan found the true sith then what is it he could have learned? vary good question

but revan was not fully trained by kreia ,because there was much he could have learned from her and she was the one who made the greates sith lords of all time, she was a teacher , and revan never killed kreia, that is a question that makes me wonder why, but its probly somthing i got a answer too , revan did not fully fall to the dark side,
makeing revan not the strongest

now lets talk about the exile, she , thats right im saying that it was a she,
she was able to cut herself tottly off from the force, that is somthing no force user has ever been able to do, makeing her the most powerfull force user of all time

but there was a lot she had to go and do , in order to reconect to the force, not to mention she could grow bonds between people and infulince there thoughts their actions and their feelings

maybe what revan wanted to know is how to do what the exile could do ,and had to go to the outer rims to find that info to his advantage

maybe the true treat was the exile and sion,kreia , the jedi masters,and nihilus , and revan knew it

that being said , hwo do they both would do vs each other ?

exile hands down

why

she learned everything from kreia, the jedi masters, and still came out on top

revan on the other hand was a stratgist
was able to plan ahead, and lead, but not take much abuse, like the exile was able to do

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 11:46 AM
Click here to Send darth prevora a Private Message Find more posts by darth prevora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I hardly think Kreia's teachings were enough to make a general that was subservient to Revan and Malak come out on top. After all, Revan was a strategist first off, and strategy can overcome ability most any time. Watch Obi and Anakin. That's support of my claim -right there-. Secondly, Revan was amazingly powerful. He cowed Malak, turned hordes of Jedi and slayed others. He was able to withstand the dark forces of Malachor V without succumbing to it. The Exile was shut off from the Force due to his own inability to cope with the events there, but Revan survived and thrived. It took what? Something like a year for the Jedi Council to mindwipe the guy. He's a legend in his own time, and the Exile, while competent and certainly badass, was no Revan.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JC Denton

Revan. According to Kreia, he was obessesed with Jedi/Sith fighting techniques and knowledge of the force. His studies ended up making him one of the most powerful Force users ever. Exile would get dominated.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 12:06 AM
Click here to Send JC Denton a Private Message Find more posts by JC Denton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Good point. Revan was noted as being insatiable in his lust for knowledge.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 02:55 AM
Lord Darkstar
Grandmaster of the AFC

ya good point, Revan did thirst for knowledge, and I had forgotten about Kreia saying that Revan was power. But I still think that if Malak had challenged Revan before the jedi got to him that Malak would have won. Revan had a hard time beating him on the Star Forge and that was when he was lv 20, just guessing, but I think that Revan when the jedi came was around lv 17-18. Sure he faced off against the boarding party with confidence, but those jedi were not the best, Bastila is just good at guiding troops with her battle meditation. So I would say that Malak would have won, oh well doesn't matter. But Revan I think would have relied to much on the force in a duel, his incredlible power would have caused him to put too much faith in it. Since the exile is a hole in the force, force things might not work as well and Revan would be thrown off by that. No I say that the Exile would win, but it would be close.
Oh and about the stratigist always winning, good point, but the Exile lead battles to, the battle on Dxun is one example. So both Revan and the Exile were stratigists, now I'm not saying that the Exile is anywhere near Revan, he's not, but he's not shabby either.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:15 AM
Click here to Send Lord Darkstar a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Darkstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, I wouldn't pin too much of your opinion on game mechanics. They kinda -have- to make Malak difficult, or people would gripe and moan.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 03:50 PM
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I've said it before, but i will say it again. Revan became a Sith on Malachor V because it's an ancient planet sized sith storehouse of knowledge. Revan learned everything he could about the tombs, relics, artifacts, etc. and then 2 years later he lost his memories. 1 year after that with relatively little jedi training, Revan was even more powerful than he was during his first reign (right before he killed Malak.) Then in KOTOR 2, the Sith holocron shows Bastila saying that Revan's full memories returned after that, so all of his knowledge of the Sith and Malachor V would be back, greatly enhancing his power.

Like they said, when Kreia looked into Revan (before he even went to Malachor V) she said he was power, like looking into the heart of the Force. Kreia said she saw the death of the Force in the Exile.

And with the whole Malak thing, Malak is not at all hard for me. I can easily defeat him without using any stimulants or Force Powers (aside from killing the encased jedi) and I am a Sentinel. If I use stimulants and Force powers I can kill Malak and only lose about a tenth of my life.

The Exile versus Kreia, is a different story. The average Exile is about level 25 at the end of the game and it is pretty difficult to kill Kreia, even though she is stronger than Malak. Kreia is far harder to kill for the Exile than Malak was for Revan and Revan wasn't even a Sith Lord and didn't have as good of items.

Also it took the combined power of the jedi council to wipe Revan's memories away and that wasn't even permanent. Against the Exile, it takes just 3 jedi Masters to paralyze him and strip away his power even against his will (on light side)

In conclusion, are both really powerful? Yes. Who would win? Revan would win with relative ease most likely but then again, Revan could compete with Yoda so that's not saying the Exile is a wimp, because he's far from it. He's just no Darth Revan.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nolan lepaz
BARAN DO MASTER

It was mcuh easier for me to kill Kria with the Exile than it was for any of the revans I played with. (paraphrasing) Kreia Said she saw the heart of the force in Revan And the death of the force in The Exile. So one can assume that means the exiles power can end the force. Also the Exile could manipulate people without even trying. He was able to live without the force something Qui-gon said was impossible and when he felt he was ready use the force. He was also a Jedi master at the end of the game. True Revan was a great strategist but in a classic Jedi duel only two things matter knowledge of the force and skills with a lightsaber. The Exile knowledge of the force was far superior to Revans for the simple fact that he knew he could live without it. Revan had to go off and study the ways of the sith to become more powerful. With every death the exile was able to better understand the force. And instaed of using the force Like all other jedi do he was able to controll it and end it and still go on. Which is strange because if life can not exist witout the force then how did the exile live? Revan was good but he was no EXILE. wink

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 08:59 PM
Click here to Send nolan lepaz a Private Message Find more posts by nolan lepaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naga Sadow

ok, exile didnt regain any force, in light side, the masters tell u, that they still feel the emptyness they felt when he was trialed. he only borrowed the force when he bonded with kreia.

next. Revan have learned from a huge amount of masters. he sought them to learn their techiques, to get hold of their knowledge. Then, he assembled the knowledge of Malachor and Korriban. then, after memory wipe, he again gained knowledge of yet more masters. finally he left to seek out the true sith, and if he found them, well then he is pretty much the most educated sith by belief(not the race like Ragnos and Sadow were)

saber skills? well, lets see. he beat Juhani when he was still padawan, he owned Bindo and juhani later on dark or Bastila on light.
he proceeded to the star forge, where he killed.....well.....ALL of the dark jedi/apprentices/masters, battle droids/turrets and troopers. he killed bandon and malak, which cant be easy(dont refer to the game, use some logic to understand how powerfull they were), and i dont really believe jedi would be stupid enough to send some padawans as the boarding party to capture 2 SITH LORDS. im sure powerfull masters were sent.

the exile on the other hand....well his greatest achievement was killing those dark jedi and 2 sith lords on Malachor V. that just cant compare to revan.

i believe revans knowledge of the force and lightsaber skills are exceeded by 5 sith lords: Ragnos, Sadow, Hord, Pall, Kreshh (in the power/skill order)

Last edited by Naga Sadow on May 3rd, 2005 at 09:29 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Naga Sadow a Private Message Find more posts by Naga Sadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

That's not the Exile. That's the KOTOR hero.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 11:49 PM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Revan.

For Fritos.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaggy2dope
Blaze ya dead homie

dude revan totally he could flick Exile and he would die lol

I Like Faygo!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Shaggy2dope a Private Message Find more posts by Shaggy2dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth
Ranger

Indeed.

For Fritos.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, there's the expert's opinion, complete with facts.

Attachment: homoblack.jpg
This has been downloaded 93 time(s).

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:57 AM
Fishy

If only Kotor II would have been finished then this discussion wouldn't even be going on..

Anyways Revan wins this one easily, he is more powerful. He has done more impressive things, and no he didn't kill Kreia he did hold her leash however. The Exile (if the game would have been finished) only had one purpose, to kill Nihilus. That he manages to kill Kreia was of no matter seeing as Revan would show up and beat the crap out of him and Kreia, or the Exile and his friends (minus Mandalore, HK-47 and T3 of course) depending on whether you were light or dark.

All in all the Exile stands no chance, he doesn't have the knowledge Revan has, he doesn't have the power Revan has, he doesn't have the skill Revan has. He would die

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 4th, 2005 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nolan lepaz
BARAN DO MASTER

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Naga Sadow
ok, exile didnt regain any force, in light side, the masters tell u, that they still feel the emptyness they felt when he was trialed. he only borrowed the force when he bonded with kreia.

next. Revan have learned from a huge amount of masters. he sought them to learn their techiques, to get hold of their knowledge. Then, he assembled the knowledge of Malachor and Korriban. then, after memory wipe, he again gained knowledge of yet more masters. finally he left to seek out the true sith, and if he found them, well then he is pretty much the most educated sith by belief(not the race like Ragnos and Sadow were)

saber skills? well, lets see. he beat Juhani when he was still padawan, he owned Bindo and juhani later on dark or Bastila on light.
he proceeded to the star forge, where he killed.....well.....ALL of the dark jedi/apprentices/masters, battle droids/turrets and troopers. he killed bandon and malak, which cant be easy(dont refer to the game, use some logic to understand how powerfull they were), and i dont really believe jedi would be stupid enough to send some padawans as the boarding party to capture 2 SITH LORDS. im sure powerfull masters were sent.

the exile on the other hand....well his greatest achievement was killing those dark jedi and 2 sith lords on Malachor V. that just cant compare to revan.

i believe revans knowledge of the force and lightsaber skills are exceeded by 5 sith lords: Ragnos, Sadow, Hord, Pall, Kreshh (in the power/skill order)
DUDE the exile if dark killed three Jedi masters DS and three Sith lords. revan killed Bandon (big whoop) and MALAK who I admit was an *ss kicker but still is not three sith lords. plus that robot sequence on the star forge was the weakest thing. With the way MALAK was hyping the "true power of the star forge up" I expected something like the terminator with the strenght of the incredible hulk, superman and batman rolled into one with a flame thrower and would go to work on me with a chainsaw and I got that crap. With that whole he beat Juhani that girl was just a pup, well a kitten. She had just got out of training she really didn't have the skills to go up against revan not even a revan with amnesia for LS. And at the end on that forgotten planet of course revan was much stronger than she was and more powerful than Jolee Bindo but still revan had Bastilla helping her DS. and Bindo willfully folowed revan she didn't own him. As the exile I beat Visas alone and she was worthy of being Nihilus' pupil she was much stronger than when you first beat Juhani. Visas was so powerful she beat enemies with her eyes closed J.K. With Revan beating Bastilla (and I'm using logic not the game) She was frightened and weak. Listen to the way she speaks to revan she tries to mask her fear. Bastilla was truly a weak character and was only lucky enough to catch Revan because Malak shot at revan ship knocking her unconcous and Bastilla was awake. Revan was able to convince people to see her ways and be good or bad. The exile was able to completely alter them without even trying. The poor guy didn't even know he could do that. And the exile did get his powers back or else he would have died with kreia at Malachor V and I don't remember them actually breaking that force bond. Sure Revan could have killed Kreia but I don't speak in could haves. The Exile was a true enigma that Revan wouldn't be able to understand (Maybe with some intense Study). zorro

Last edited by nolan lepaz on May 4th, 2005 at 04:18 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2005 04:15 PM
Click here to Send nolan lepaz a Private Message Find more posts by nolan lepaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote