KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Disney Classic Sequels Suck

Disney Classic Sequels Suck
Started by: chez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chez
Corporal-Captain

Miffed Animated Disney sequels

Am I the only one who thinks that Disney's animation department is getting a little desperate?

I mean, we've had Lion King 2, Pocahontas 2, Jungle Book 2, Peter Pan 2, Aladdin 2 and 3, Cinderella 2, Little Mermaid 2, with Mulan 2 soon to come and spin-offs of Lilo & Stitch and Beauty & the Beast. blink Almost all of these are just dodgy cash-in inferior sequels - why do they do it?

[This doesn't include Disney-Pixar, by the way. They're fantastic, and Toy Story 2 was great.]

But why are we getting all this garbage from Disney, now? What happened to masterpieces like Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King and Aladdin? Have Disney animators just run out of ideas or something? no

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 11:21 PM
chez is currently offline Click here to Send chez a Private Message Find more posts by chez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, what else can they write?
I mean, almost every lenghty fairy-tale/kidsstory has been made

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 11:29 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chez
Corporal-Captain

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
well, what else can they write?
I mean, almost every lenghty fairy-tale/kidsstory has been made

True.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 11:37 PM
chez is currently offline Click here to Send chez a Private Message Find more posts by chez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

How about the 12 Dancing Princesses, Rumplestitskin... Can't think of others...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 12:29 AM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

The problem is the sequels arent at the same level. If they just put some work into it then it would be fine.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:33 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

never heard of those two, asami messed

well, kes, ... it's disney, america, ... profit first, quality last

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:36 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

yeah i know exactly what you mean! I think they tried to redeem Aladdin in the third installment, it was a bit better than the second, which was just crap squared! Yeah it is a bit riduclous, but they did the right thing with Aladdin and made it into a series which is decent for cartoon series. And they have a Lion King 1 1/2 coming out which is about Timon and Pumbaa, and just a comedy. I know its not Disney but what about Shrek 2, think its gonna be any good?

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:38 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

i think the sequels were great exept foe alladin 3.they should shut down disney.joke

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 06:42 PM
Xam is currently offline Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
never heard of those two, asami messed

well, kes, ... it's disney, america, ... profit first, quality last
Indeed wink

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 08:01 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

With the exception of Toy Story 2 the rest of the Disney sequels have been pretty poor 'straight to video' features, its only to make a quick 'buck or two' on franchises that are already successful formulas.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 08:05 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

"Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King and Aladdin"

Those films were all made within a short time period of each other. As a matter of fact.......didn't those three come out back to back to back without other pictures being made between them?

Disney has always been like this. They'll have a hot streak of a few great movies.......then go cold for a while. Look at the real classics (stood the test of time for longer than 10 years).......Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective, etc. ........all were good movies but had alot of lesser quality movies before and after. Did we really need a Rescuers down Under? Or a Fivel Goes West?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 08:54 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kiyana_ayame

I agree that Toy Story 2 was one of the only good sequels Disney has ever made and I persoanlly like Lion King 2 but that maybe just because the Lion King is my favourite Disney. I also agree that some of the other sequels are not exactley good.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 09:09 PM
kiyana_ayame is currently offline Click here to Send kiyana_ayame a Private Message Find more posts by kiyana_ayame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chez
Corporal-Captain

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Did we really need a Rescuers down Under? Or a Fivel Goes West?

Being an Aussie, 'The Rescuers Down Under' made me laugh because it was so bad in places. The opening scene we are running through tulips. Near Uluru. In the Red Centre. It's desert. What the &*%$ are tulips doing in the desert??

I could tolerate that movie, but yeah, it was nowhere near their best.

And Fivel, etc. - can't remember them too well, but they're not exactly classics, now are they?

The problem is, Disney has a great movie, then wrecks it by making a dodgy, superfluous sequel, often direct-to-video [and what does that tell you?]. I mean, I loved Disney as a kid, and still do enjoy them now and then, but it irritates me how they compromise the classics.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 07:17 AM
FragileHaloRyuu
Ruroni Black Mage

I noticed that too. Pretty much all the sequels suck, but I will check out Mulan 2. I loved Mulan.

"Another sad moment came at that date was toward the end of the set I saw one poor f***er with a NIN t-shirt, holding it up. Seconds later I saw scuffling and no more NIN t-shirt."- Trent Reznor.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 10:06 AM
FragileHaloRyuu is currently offline Click here to Send FragileHaloRyuu a Private Message Find more posts by FragileHaloRyuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

how bout lion king2. i 4got the story i watched it a long time ago

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 02:31 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpres

quote:
Originally posted by Asami
How about the 12 Dancing Princesses, Rumplestitskin... Can't think of others...

Rumplestiltskin......I would pay to see that. In my opinion, that would be a great, great movie on Disneys behalf.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 07:29 PM
jpres is currently offline Click here to Send jpres a Private Message Find more posts by jpres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chez
Corporal-Captain

quote:
Originally posted by FragileHaloRyuu
I will check out Mulan 2. I loved Mulan.

Yeah, I didn't mind Mulan either. I guess they can make a sequel for that one, because Mulan and Shang never ACTUALLY got together [though we all knew they would...] wink It's when there is NOWHERE to take the story that the second movie bugs me.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 09:21 PM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Disney Classic sequels Suck

Has anyone else noticed every sequel Disney makes to a good classic movie SUCKS. I mean they always suck, they ruin the first movie why doe's Disney continue to do this. i heard there making a sequel to Mulan whic will suck as well. I mean none of them are compelling as the first.
I wouldn't be suprised if they came out with a Sequel to Bambi and pinnochio.
Can anyone give me some insight on why Disney does this?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 03:02 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

I agree they are crap compared to the originals

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 03:10 AM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillTheLight
=bound by wild desire=

Re: Disney Classic sequels Suck

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth Agent

Can anyone give me some insight on why Disney does this?

for the money!

This afternoon with you was something like a letter
The kind that someone writes but never sends

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 03:39 AM
KillTheLight is currently offline Click here to Send KillTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by KillTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote