KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » House of M 7? Room for Spoilers.

House of M 7? Room for Spoilers.
Started by: 8bitChris

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

House of M 7? Room for Spoilers.

Holy crap :P.

I saw Quicksilver layeth the smacketh down.

I think it's a good issue!

Good to see Dr. Strange solve the puzzle. (Which some people have already guessed.)

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:53 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Re-read it.

It wasn't just good. It kicked ass.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 08:15 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

It should have been issue 3.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 11:02 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Read it. Was pretty good with a nice cliffhanger. Some had predicted it was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Quicksilver who convinced her to do it. Pretty much confirms how uber SW is now - thus the end of the demigawd's Magneto Prime theory. It's all Wanda, baby.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 11:08 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider

Indeed smile

More words of wisdom, from the Scarlet Spider. big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 02:33 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

nice story. but shouldve been issue 4 or earlier.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: wow. magnus could be just wanda's creation all this time. that would solve all these xorneto problems, convenient for marvel. LOL.

and what does the number "198" have to do with all this? there would be only 198 mutants left? i dunno.

IC rocked too. if you into some deep deep deeeeeeeeeeeep continuity tho.

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:52 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a good story, but it's not an "Event!", like it was promoted to be.

I like it, though. I'm liking Crisis, too.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 05:19 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Does anyone have any scans of it please? big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 05:46 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by willRules
Does anyone have any scans of it please? big grin

Whenever I get it scanned, I'll try and post it for ya.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:02 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

See what happened to Hawkeye? haha :P

Anyway IC has the opposite problem to me. It's trying to do too much in one issue.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:19 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by long pig
Whenever I get it scanned, I'll try and post it for ya.

cheers big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:47 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by ScarletSpider

That is a bit of a stretch.

I'd say it should have been issue 4 or 5.

I'm glad you don't write comic books.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:54 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

*yawn*

It was okay. I saw knew it was Pietro from Day 1. Anyone with knowledge of Quicksilver's history knows he will stop at NOTHING to protect his sister.

And the issue was marred by continuity problems. In Issue #6, Rogue absorbed Namor and Storm. In Issue #7, Storm is still conscious. And Rogue absorbs Namor and Genis-Vell as if Namor already hasn't been absorbed.

Another thing. The issue is insinuating that Wanda created Xorneto or the current Excalibur Magneto. This is obviously a cop-out. The Planet X storyline obviously caused problems for Magneto's character so....the writers blame Wanda. This is plain absurd. If Marvel has a continuity problem they can just blame Wanda?

Face it, people this something that Marvel pulled out of their asses to correct the character of Magneto. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:21 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
*yawn*

It was okay. I saw knew it was Pietro from Day 1. Anyone with knowledge of Quicksilver's history knows he will stop at NOTHING to protect his sister.

And the issue was marred by continuity problems. In Issue #6, Rogue absorbed Namor and Storm. In Issue #7, Storm is still conscious. And Rogue absorbs Namor and Genis-Vell as if Namor already hasn't been absorbed.

Another thing. The issue is insinuating that Wanda created Xorneto or the current Excalibur Magneto. This is obviously a cop-out. The Planet X storyline obviously caused problems for Magneto's character so....the writers blame Wanda. This is plain absurd. If Marvel has a continuity problem they can just blame Wanda?

Face it, people this something that Marvel pulled out of their asses to correct the character of Magneto. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So Wanda is Responsible for 'Jgggg' ?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:33 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I wouldn't be surprised if they blamed Wanda for that too.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:39 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't be surprised if they blamed Wanda for that too.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Whirly would be drewling at the idea, of bringing all that up again.

laughing laughing

(~Sigh~)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:42 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

*yawn*

How is that continuity problems? Honestly, doesn't have a 100% knock-out rate when she absorbs people. She doesn't retain their powers forever either. Talk about pulling something out of your own ass to find problems with a good issue.

People have been complaining about the Magneto thing forever. Old news. If this is a way to fix it why not work with it? What do you have against it?

I'm glad you knew it was Quicksilver from day one. Are you going to be glad if IC turns out to be totally unoriginal? Just a copy of the original Crisis?

I know you hate Marvel and all; but at least take off the blinders long enough to note that this issue wasn't terrible.

roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's lame when people do that? ^ Isn't it?

Man...man...I still can't believe you cited Rogue absorbing some people's powers more than once as blatent continuity issues. That's digging pretty deep for something man.

Doop Lives...

Last edited by 8bitChris on Oct 13th, 2005 at 07:54 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:51 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by 8bitChris
How is that continuity problems? Honestly, doesn't have a 100% knock-out rate when she absorbs people. She doesn't retain their powers forever either. Talk about pulling something out of your own ass to find problems with a good issue.

People have been complaining about the Magneto thing forever. Old news. If this is a way to fix it why not work with it? What do you have against it?

I'm glad you knew it was Quicksilver from day one. Are you going to be glad if IC turns out to be totally unoriginal? Just a copy of the original Crisis?

I know you hate Marvel and all; but at least take off the blinders long enough to note that this issue wasn't terrible.

roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ooohhhh hanbags at the ready. wink

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 07:54 PM
BlaqChaos

Actually, this whole House of M thing was to just reduce the number of mutants in the Marvel Universe to just over 300 max.

BTW, the person behind the whole IC thing is Darksied.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 08:01 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

How is that continuity problems? Honestly, doesn't have a 100% knock-out rate when she absorbs people. She doesn't retain their powers forever either.
Please. The battle was going for at the most 10 to fifteen minutes between the time of both issues. Notice Rogue said the EXACT same thing in both issues. Namor should have been out for at least an hour. It clearly shows there was some editorial problems.

Talk about pulling something out of your own ass to find problems with a good issue.

It's called having an opinion, little boy. Didn't you say just, oh, about an hour ago:

l
et's just agree to disagree

Now the sudden turn around? Face it. You're a hypocrite.

Because it's a cop-out in my opinion. Morrison and Claramont CLEARLY had a major disagreement about Magneto's character. And they had a tug a war with what to do with him. So first, they developed this weak-ass Xorneto and realized that comic book readers weren't THAT stupid, than they created this fiasco of storyline to fix Magneto's character once and for all.

I'm glad you knew it was Quicksilver from day one.

Wonderful. Now how in Aunt Sammie's name is this "point" relevant?

Are you going to be glad if IC turns out to be totally unoriginal? Just a copy of the original Crisis?

Please, little boy. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You can critique the storyline for Infinite Crisis with no ill will from me, but when I critique the storyline for House of M you have the sheer gall to bash me? Hypocrite.

Do grow up, little boy.

roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic)roll eyes (sarcastic):rolley
es:

Yes. It is. It's even lamer when people don't have the intelligence to counter a smilie...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 08:04 PM