KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » which immortality would you rather have?

which immortality would you rather have?
Started by: capt it up

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

which immortality would you rather have?

would you rather have deadpools or logans?

one can not die no matter what unless thanos or some one more powerful allows it.

or logan who can deside if he wishes to keep living or if he wishes to die

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:01 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Do either Deadpool or Wolverine age?

and if they do, can they really be immortal?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:05 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by inamilist

I doubt they do not in 616.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:06 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Eh, there are few beings that could actually override Deadpool's immortality.

Whereas Logan simply has to lose two fights in a row, and if I recall correctly, he mentioned that the fights keep getting harder.

I'll take Deadpool's.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:11 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Soljer
Eh, there are few beings that could actually override Deadpool's immortality.

Whereas Logan simply has to lose two fights in a row, and if I recall correctly, he mentioned that the fights keep getting harder.

I'll take Deadpool's.

dident he also mention before that he did not have to fight the demond at first, but after killing him he ahd too. I wonder if he will defeat the demond for good also what was the name of it again I wanna look him up and I do not have my comics on me

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:14 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by inamilist

Of course they age, otherwise they would still be newborns.

Neither are truely immortal, but they both are close. Maybe able to reach 500 years or so.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:16 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I don't recall off the top of my head, however:

Originally posted by manjaro
Yay me!, this is my first upload..i finally got around to giving a f **** how this is done...ironically tho i always thought it was bing bam boom, and scans of entire issues came out of nowhere, but the kid is totally proud of himself cool so you know.....new found respect for the ppl who do this on a regular...i know it might look a little short but dont worry all the scans are there

(please log in to view the image)
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-002.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...e48-003-004.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-008.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...e48-009-010.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-011.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-012.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...e48-013-014.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...e48-015-016.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...e48-017-018.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-019.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-020.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-021.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/...erine48-022.jpg

There ya go.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:17 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by long pig
Of course they age, otherwise they would still be newborns.

Neither are truely immortal, but they both are close. Maybe able to reach 500 years or so.

no it was pritty clearly stated both are immortal. also they both stop aging at there prime age which is around 35-40

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:17 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

There ya go.

thanks

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:18 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by capt it up
no it was pritty clearly stated both are immortal. also they both stop aging at there prime age which is around 35-40

35-40 is not the human prime.

Not even close.

The human male reaches his prime around 25.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:19 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

What stated that?

In Wolverine's own comic, less than a year ago, they said he was almost immortal, but not quite.

He does age, he's aged since he's joined x-men i.e He admitted so when he fought Gambit and Gambit proved to be faster than him.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:23 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Not even close.

really lol I always thought it was when you were older neevr mind there roughly 25 well logan is how ever deadpool may not be sicne he got it at a later age.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:25 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by long pig
What stated that?

In Wolverine's own comic, less than a year ago, they said he was almost immortal, but not quite.

He does age, he's aged since he's joined x-men i.e He admitted so when he fought Gambit and Gambit proved to be faster than him.

he said he was getting old lol not that he was serously getting old he just felt like he messed up.

deadpool been stated as immortal for years

logan was stated in 91 how ever he recently in issue 48 was said to be unable to die unelss he loses a match in the after life or if he chooses to die

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:27 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

also I like to mention both logan sabertooth deadpool and a few other body can not get any weaker only strongert becuase there healing factor keeps them at there best form meaning they will remain like that unless there powers are taken from them

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 05:28 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wolverine has been physically the same age since since at least WW2. We have seen many flash backs involving Wolverine's early life as a soldier (among other things) and the guy has been physically in his thirties to forties for the majority of his life. I don't think he has a "slowed" aging process so much as he hit a certain age and stop, hell if anything the guy has been unofficially de-aged in the last ten years. My guess would be that Wolverine stopped aging around the time he fought Sabretooth in "24 Hours." Up to that point, and really right up until when he was bonded with Adamantium, Wolverine scarcely used his healing factor or claws, never really putting him self into situations a normal man couldn't survive but this fight with Sabretooth was different; likely the first time Logan "died". It's all speculation on my part but I figure it is possible that the first time his healing factor revived him it stop his aging as well.

*shrugs*

Also shortly after Wolverine fought Gambit, Deathbird commented that Wolverine was in such bad shape during this time frame that the only thing keeping him alive was his stubborn will... or she may have said he was too stupid to know he was dead... I forget but it was something along those lines.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Nov 27th, 2006 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 06:59 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

There ya go.

So basically its true. He can now regenerate from bone, and no explanation has be given why yet?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:44 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Deadpool, probably.

Not even close.

Namor stopped physically aging around 25, I think. He has kind of same situation then Wolverine, every time he has died, Neptune refuses to let his soul to go to Pluto's realm and returns him alive.

Ulysses Bloodstone looks to be around 25 too I guess. Usually immortals look 30-40 though...

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Nov 27th, 2006 at 08:46 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 08:44 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Probably Deadpool.
He ages. He just ages very slowly. See Here Comes Tomorrow. This immortality isn't the same as that of the Externals.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 11:14 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

deadpool or wolverine,,,,,,,,,,,,i was gonna choose beyonder where i could choose to die or not and not be hurt and such.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 11:27 AM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Ill go with Deadpools, not only does his healing top Wolverines, he is immortal by Thanos' hand...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2006 11:29 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote