KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Glory to Crap: Great Comics That Now Suck....

Glory to Crap: Great Comics That Now Suck....
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Glory to Crap: Great Comics That Now Suck....

Name a good comic that was great, excellent or just plain fun that has degenerated into a bad comic.

Example:

Ultimates. Jeph Loeb writes it. 'Nuff said.....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:37 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Does it have to be a single run of a comic that degenerated?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:42 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The darkness
First series -Awesome
Second- Got worse and worse
Third- Interesting so far

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:44 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Apparently Authority Prime isn't great.

Teen Titans has taken a slide in quality since Geoff Johns stopped writing it imo.

Oh and Black Panther... I probably don't need to explain do I?

How crap does it need to get to be included though?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:46 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Does it have to be a single run of a comic that degenerated?

He listed Loeb's Ultimates so probably not.

I'll go with the Flash. Probably a top 5 traditional superhero book under Johns has become really mediocre and that's being generous.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:47 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Val
He listed Loeb's Ultimates so probably not.

I'll go with the Flash. Probably a top 5 traditional superhero book under Johns has become really mediocre and that's being generous.
Forgot about the flash. Is is me or has it gotten even worse since Bart died.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 03:54 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Meh, Authority Prime is only 4 issues in. I actually don't mind it. But their most recent few story arcs set the bar so high, it's hard to live up to. But they've been up and down more than once in their run. I'm not really ready to call them "glory to crappy" yet.

And the problem with Flash is that I never really feel like any of them are dead anymore. They need some kind of stability, which is non-existent at the moment.

Also, JMS's run on Spider-Man. He did some really fun stuff, then f*cked it up with all sorts of suspect decisions (Norman's kids, unmasking, The Other) culminating in the OMD mess.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 28th, 2008 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:01 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

I've actually been enjoying Authority Prime. So far it's just been one big glorious fight, and you have crazy-ass SUPER-nineties Stormwatch versus the Authority... what's not to love?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:05 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Avengers. Particularly Mighty Avengers. The book is an ongoing disaster. no

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:09 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Apparently Authority Prime isn't great.

Teen Titans has taken a slide in quality since Geoff Johns stopped writing it imo.

Oh and Black Panther... I probably don't need to explain do I?

How crap does it need to get to be included though?

Teen Titans sucks an almighty now.

Very sad. They keep changing the lineup.

Supergirl was a member for like three issues.....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:11 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by tjcoady
I've actually been enjoying Authority Prime. So far it's just been one big glorious fight, and you have crazy-ass SUPER-nineties Stormwatch versus the Authority... what's not to love?

Agreed. Though at some point Wildstorm decided to make the Authority a bit too edgy. Occasionally they seem like angry and/or arrogant parodies of their traditional selves. But for WS diehards, the Stormwatch stuff is a pleasant turn of events. And it's always fun to see how they manage to PIS The Doctor (and now Jenny) out of fights because they're literally too powerful for nearly any situation.

And I'll co-sign Mighty Avengers. Or New Avengers for that matter. Both have taken a nosedive imo. I was into NA for a while and just stopped after too many suspect issues.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Avengers. Particularly Mighty Avengers. The book is an ongoing disaster. no
I dont think its a bad series. Its more along the lines of average to me. Nothing completely awful but nothing I would pay 3.99 to read.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:15 AM
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine

Sig done by me.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 04:42 AM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i second the mighty avengrs thing....it started well but after a while. the sarcastic remarking under thier breth thing gets super old......ummm JLA anyone? with the reboot and the new numbering this was supposed to be the rebirth.....the reintroduction of an uncanny era of superheroics like we havent seen in ages....yet so far all we've seen all of them complaining about who gets to do monitor duty, and doing detective work F ****ING detective work!!!!!...no JLA of old... no aliens,magical beings, pan demonsional entities, or intergalactic despots trying to lay claim to earth...just street lvl stuff. the biggest thing after a dozen issues is going up against luthor and his society

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 05:53 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

JLA is a good pick too.

I'm noticing a lot of people picking team books here.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:13 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by endrict
Wolverine

I beg to differ....

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
I beg to differ....

Your welcome to your opinion matie.

Sig done by me.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 06:30 AM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Mighty Avengers was never great, or has started to go downhill... it's just a book that's there.
And when Doom takes out Sentry next month (hopefully)... I will be expecting Trick to wear a fat "I'm wrong like always" sig for a week. smile

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:02 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I've been fairly dissapointed with annihilation conquest so far.

I mean,more Starlord,and Moondragon should have died sooner.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 07:39 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Mighty Avengers was never great, or has started to go downhill... it's just a book that's there.
And when Doom takes out Sentry next month (hopefully)... I will be expecting Trick to wear a fat "I'm wrong like always" sig for a week. smile

Nah. I'll be wearing a "Sentry for low herald" sig. cool

Old Post Jan 28th, 2008 08:02 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote