KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » [Possible Spoilers] Galactus - Fantastic Four 600 - Discussion (PowerC II, GTFIH))

[Possible Spoilers] Galactus - Fantastic Four 600 - Discussion (PowerC II, GTFIH))
Started by: GalanOfTaa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalanOfTaa
Power incarnate!

[Possible Spoilers] Galactus - Fantastic Four 600 - Discussion (PowerC II, GTFIH))

Posting on the right forum this time.
Anyways...

HOW is there a “Galactus seed/egg” on Earth? How is that even possible?

Galactus’ birth occurred at the end of the universe before our own, when he merged with part of the Infinity Being (whatever was left of the IB served to make the Infinity Gauntlet), the previous universe’s equivalent of Multi-Eternity. He did NOT, I repeat, NOT! fuse/merge with the cosmic egg, which is basically the end and the beginning of a new cosmos: all there presently is, minus Galactus.

It was later said that the universe died out due to celestial overpopulation, and that Galactus, besides having to keep Abraxas at bay by supplying Eternity with enough energy to keep him from escaping the Heart of Eternity, had also to restore the balance between Eternity and Death and, most importantly, feed on worlds which have Celestial eggs, deep within their cores.
Now, as I have posted before, Celestials are mainly Galaxies, which once they reach a certain level of consciousness (the materialised(/manifestation of the) thoughts of Eternity) are engulfed in a cosmic suit, much like that of Galactus, so this makes little to no sense... which I have grown accustomed to, thank you Marvel.

However, this issue implies that Galactus and the Celestials share a common... origin? Even though one is basically an Universe with a hunger, in a suit, and the other a mere Galaxy in a suit.
In fact, I think it was said that Earth (not just Earth X!) was incubating a celestial egg... So again, IF (this is basically the only thing I’m uncertain of) this were to be true, then Marvel has totally gone mad... and even if I am wrong, then Marvel has gone mad as well, because you cannot simply attain the power of a being who merged with a cosmos, just like that, unless they give a proper explanation, like saying the seed is from a different Universe.

Cliffnotes:
-Galactus is an universe entire, and according to John Byrne’s arc, the next M. Eternity.
-The Celestials are the manifestation of Eternity’s thoughts, Galaxies which are later on engulfed in a suit.
-Besides many other things Galactus devours worlds which contain celestial eggs deep into their cores.
-There is a celestial egg in earth’s core. There is also a Galactus egg, even though that’s not how Galactus was born.
-???
-What the **** is going on? Someone enlighten me.

Will provide proof/scans for every statement I have made, on demand.

Reply 1 + Response:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Igniz
I think this thread should have been in the Comic Book section.

Anyways, the only way to explain this is probably found in the pages of Thor Annual#10 were the narrator is mentioning the creation of the Universe by ending the Void(Darkness and Chaos,aka Mikaboshi,aka Chaos King) courtesy of TOAA.

(please log in to view the image)

Notice that the narration is stating Earth is a very special planet.In Japanese Mythology, the creation of the Earth was the beginning of the end for the Darkness and Chaos who happens to be Amatsu-Mikaboshi.It seems Marvel is adapting some elements of Japanese Myths and making a few changes of their own.Like putting TOAA as the creator of the Marvel Universe instead of In and Yo.

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't notice that forum being there. Mods, please delete this thread, I'm going to remake it in the adequate forum.

Anyways, the Chaos King issues really, REALLYYYYY, pissed me off. Not only did they go against everything that had ever been said, as it also made little to no sense to me. It could have been a decent arc, had it not involved the MULTIVERSE, had it stayed EARTH BOUND.
For starters, Chaos King was meant to be a demon, sky father tier at best (as shown in previous issues). He absorbed a few skyfathers from different pantheons, okay, I get that, but he turned out to be described in the same way as Infinity has been, in relation to Eternity - "Two sides of the same coin". I could have seen him as an Oblivion, IF it wasn't for the fact he's a demon and Oblivion already exists and defines what Chaos King was said to define.
Is it even canon???

Secondly, I've read that issue before and yes, that would prove that there is indeed a celestial egg on Earth. My queries still remain unanswered...

Last edited by GalanOfTaa on Nov 24th, 2011 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2011 01:43 PM
GalanOfTaa is currently offline Click here to Send GalanOfTaa a Private Message Find more posts by GalanOfTaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

I didn't mean to be offensive.If I did sound offensive, then I apologize.

Anyways, I understand about your feelings about the things said in Chaos War.Yes Its true Eternity(Universal) stated that the Chaos King is the darkness and chaos that existed before existence itself.The Void defined against Eternity.But there is a story that actually confirms Eternity's statement about CK.This was written in around 2002 or 2003.Here's a scene from Defenders Vol 3 #3 were Dormammu ended up inside Multi-Eternity.

(please log in to view the image)

Oceanic void that precedes the birth of form and Eternal nothingness?If you compare Dormammu's statement and Eternity's statement in CW#2, they are talking about the same being.As for Oblivion, wasn't it always stated that he and Eternity,Death and Infinity started existing when the Multiverse started to exist?Their kinda viewed more like siblings.And wasn't Oblivion stated to be the counterforce to the infinite expanse of space(Infinity)?I often view Oblivion being anti-space.Chaos King is more of Eternity's Mr Hyde persona that is anti-time and Death.Therefore, CK can be viewed as a sibling to Death,Infinity and Oblivion.But not to Eternity.

As for your other question, why does it remind me of the Alternate Reality were Galactus is the enemy of the Celestials?

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 01:28 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

The way I understand it. the Galactus Egg shouldn't even exist. It was only a stupid plot device, in a stupid arc full of headbutts written by a stupid, stupid man (Fraction, of course) who couldn't care less about continuity.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 12:57 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The way I understand it. the Galactus Egg shouldn't even exist. It was only a stupid plot device, in a stupid arc full of headbutts written by a stupid, stupid man (Fraction, of course) who couldn't care less about continuity.

Imo, Yeah pretty much and now the rest of the writers have to clean up the mess somehow.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 01:00 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalanOfTaa
Power incarnate!

Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Originally posted by Utrigita
Imo, Yeah pretty much and now the rest of the writers have to clean up the mess somehow.

... and this is precisely why I said: "I only respect (Galactus wise) Walt Simonson, John Byrne, Stan Lee and Jack kirby. I respect Walt Simonson and John Byrne because they have remained faithful to Kirby/Lee's interpretation of the Devourer, over the years. Most new writers HAVE NOT (Ie: Matt Fraction)" (in a PM to leonidas)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 03:09 PM
GalanOfTaa is currently offline Click here to Send GalanOfTaa a Private Message Find more posts by GalanOfTaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

The choas king is the oblivion of a previous universe.... He was reduced to mikaboshi at the birth of this universe.

Nothing contraditcs established stories

I have returned

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 06:09 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
The choas king is the oblivion of a previous universe.... He was reduced to mikaboshi at the birth of this universe.

Nothing contraditcs established stories

Is this true? If so, it contradicts Galactus being the only being that survived the previous universe. I honestly didn't read CK at all.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2011 08:52 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by Cogito
Is this true? If so, it contradicts Galactus being the only being that survived the previous universe. I honestly didn't read CK at all.

What Big-C meant was Chaos King was the Darkness and Chaos that existed before creation took place.Aka the Void before creation were there were no Multiverse or anything that existed.Point is, CK preceded everything in the Marvel Universe(even the Universe Galan came from) as shown in the scan I posted of Dormammu witnessing the Void that preceded the birth of form.When creation occurred, CK got kicked out of the cosmic hierarchy and was reduced to being a mere Godling that appeared in the Japanese Pantheon.

As for the Galactus seed.Even I am curios to know what It truly is.

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 12:55 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalanOfTaa
Power incarnate!

Originally posted by Igniz
What Big-C meant was Chaos King was the Darkness and Chaos that existed before creation took place.Aka the Void before creation were there were no Multiverse or anything that existed.Point is, CK preceded everything in the Marvel Universe(even the Universe Galan came from) as shown in the scan I posted of Dormammu witnessing the Void that preceded the birth of form.When creation occurred, CK got kicked out of the cosmic hierarchy and was reduced to being a mere Godling that appeared in the Japanese Pantheon.

As for the Galactus seed.Even I am curios to know what It truly is.

Still contradicting.

Originally posted by Cogito

.. anyways, my queries make sense though, don't they?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 01:38 AM
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by GalanOfTaa
Still contradicting.

What is?Care to specify?

I'm the CEO of NEST!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 04:24 AM
Bouboumaster

Starlin gave respect to cosmic characters too.

Anyway.

As for the Chaos King, same shit: stupid arc, by a stupid writer, who didn't give a flying **** about continuity. Only thing it did was to mess with Hercules, who before that had a great, great run.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 04:42 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

aforementioned in the other threads, hopefully for the galactus fans, he's shown in a good light

as a celestials fan, hopefully they are as well

thank u bz

Old Post Nov 26th, 2011 07:15 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

the whole celestial eggs gestating in planets/Galactus existing to curtail their population is from the Mutant/Earth X stories, which are non-canon and take place in an alternate universe.

however, the reason why it's mentioned here on the forums on occasion in regards to Galactus is because it's the ONLY story to date that has featured a direct confrontation between them (as even referenced in the story itself..something along the lines of "Galactus and the Celestials have never encountered each other before"). Now granted the Galactus in that arc was actually Franklin Richards, but due to the "properties" of that reality, wherein someone merely needs to believe they are someone else and thus they effectively become that belief, for all intents and purposes Franklin was functioning as the real Galactus would.

Now, the Galactus Seed =/= one of these incubating Celestial eggs (as I understand it): whereas the Celestial eggs are just literally eggs containing "baby" celestials, the Galactus Seed, according to Odin, will yield the birth of the next universe, as well as yield the next Galactus. This was confirmed in Fantastic Four #600 (at least the part about the Seed yielding the next Galactus). FF #600 also mentioned the Seed as a "Celestial mistake" brought on by "Eternity."

NOW, these could easily be construed as metaphorical/allegorical definitions. Meaning, "Celestial" = cosmic, and "Eternity" = the length and breadth and scope of time. However, I decided to take those definitions literally (i.e., "Celestial" means the Celestials, and Eternity means the cosmic entity) based solely on the fact that solicits have confirmed Galactus and the Celestials will have a confrontation in FF 603. In FF 600, Galactus tells Reed to summon him when the earth becomes threatened. All signs point to the Celestials. And, since it was suggested in an old issue of Silver Surfer that Eternity created the Celestiails...I decided to take that literally too.

Anyway, contrary to some interpretations, this does NOT mean that Galactus himself was borne from a "Galactus Seed." His origin is the same (as implicitly confirmed in FF #600) and is more directly explained and confirmed when Galactus states the Seed is an aberration. Which means it has no precedent. Which means it is a one-time occurrence. The Seed will birth the next Galactus, but it never ever was suggested that it birthed the current one. This is confirmed once again in FF 600 (that the Seed is a once-off artifact). Who or what exactly brought on the Seed appears to involve the Celestials and/or Eternity, per my reasoning above. We'll learn more in upcoming issues.

++++++++++++

As for Chaos King, the scan posted above contradicts Chaos War since it states the Void existed in the current universe. I.e., the universe/reality existed, and the Void was all that was present. After a time, atoms coalesced into stars and planets and the Earth came to be.

That issue of Thor Annual was published before Galactus' "true" origin was published. By that I mean Galactus' origin was initially revealed in Thor (#169, in 1969) to be an astronaut/scientist being changed/mutated into Galactus because he passed too close to "the largest sun in the universe." A completely lame origin.

This was retconned a bit in Super Villain Classics #1 (1983), which was published the year after Thor annual #10 (1982). Super Villain Classics altered Galactus' origin by stating the "largest sun" was actually the Cosmic Egg and that Taa actually existed in the previous universe, thus establishing in Marvel canon that a universe existed prior to the current one, and that Galan/Galactus came from this universe. Therefore this means that Galan pre-dates the void/nothingness mentioned in Thor annual #10.

Meanwhile, Chaos War stated that Mikaboshi pre-dated Galactus' universe.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 02:54 AM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

does this mean the celestials are older than galactus

if u believe the theory of the absolutes its possible i do

contunity mucked again solely for a writers purpose that's fine will and should b redone by the eternals' writers when the book is published

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 07:31 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote