KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » No. All cultures are not equal.

No. All cultures are not equal.
Started by: Neon1234

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. All cultures are not equal.

In my Communications class, our teacher told us that ethnocentrism is bad because no ones' culture is superior to another.

Of course I was taken aback by such a statement.

There are things that cultures do that we would find immoral, slavery, persecution of homosexuals, etc.

All things equal, a culture that practices and/or supports things like those, is not equal to one that doesn't.

We are better than them.

Joim KMC on Discord, it's a fun, laid back place to chat with people.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:42 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Preach!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:51 PM
Downstairsconve is currently offline Click here to Send Downstairsconve a Private Message Find more posts by Downstairsconve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

We are only better because we resist our urges, so why do the other cultures survive? Why are women migrating away from the best culture?

Who is pussy blocking all the pussy in "woman-law"?

Of course hope is just a possible delusion, yet there is a case for Watson VR

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:54 PM
Downstairsconve is currently offline Click here to Send Downstairsconve a Private Message Find more posts by Downstairsconve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Who's the "we" and "them"?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:54 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

You! Ya dumbass

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:55 PM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Who's the "we" and "them"?

We: Our culture.

Them: Cultures that practice/and or supports immoral behavior.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:57 PM
Neon1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Neon1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Neon1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Downstairsconve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Idk you! Never met you. If you're not in Keira Knightley's skin I probably wouldn't care to. If you were in Keira Knightley's skin and acted stupid I still would ask you to kindly bounce away from my humble/egocentric presence

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 09:57 PM
ares834

Yeah. It’s blatantly obvious that not every culture is equal. Heck, Your teacher’s claim that ethnocentrism is bad contradicts their other claim that all cultures are equal.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:00 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

once again not-eon, bored and privileged on a sunday, needs to feel superior to others.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:05 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Yeah. It’s blatantly obvious that not every culture is equal. Heck, Your teacher’s claim that ethnocentrism is bad contradicts their other claim that all cultures are equal.

I agree with you.

Funny how no one in the class challenged her on it.

I didn't, because I didn't want to start a big thing in class.

Perhaps my classmates felt the same.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:18 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What metric are you using? And as Jaden asks, who are us and them? As, the US isn't one culture from state to state even. Europe certainly isn't.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

I explained in my opening post.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:31 PM
truejedi

What is United States culture, out of curiosity? I've lived here all my life, and I'm not sure what we could really consider united States culture. Great melting pot indeed.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:39 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Neon1234
I explained in my opening post.
Tell me what you think of cultures who have an underclass in poverty for the hiring time?

What do you think of "black codes" for the most disadvantaged in many Southern states?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:39 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by truejedi
What is United States culture, out of curiosity? I've lived here all my life, and I'm not sure what we could really consider united States culture. Great melting pot indeed.

Way too specific.

I'm talking in general.

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Tell me what you think of cultures who have an underclass in poverty for the hiring time?

What do you think of "black codes" for the most disadvantaged in many Southern states?

What do you mean by "hiring?"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:41 PM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see you edited your post Whirly.

I'm not familiar with "black codes."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:42 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Neon1234
Way too specific.

I'm talking in general.

What do you mean by "hiring?"
laughing out loud Do a bit of reading not Eon

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:42 PM
Neon1234
Restricted

Account Restricted

You edited your post.

So laughing out loud at yourself.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:43 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What about it being illegal to be homeless? that seems a bit bad to me, yes I added some information.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:45 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2021 10:48 PM