KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » NEWSFLASH: World Trade Centre hit by 2 Aircraft

NEWSFLASH: World Trade Centre hit by 2 Aircraft
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

But this is the face we see of the Palistinians, it is hard not to judge them all. After all those were common people.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 09:24 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I know, but I feel there is a need to be cautious. Right now it can not even be proven that they are responsible, it is all conjecture.

(Though, yes I think they are and they should all burn...)

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 09:53 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I dont think the Palistinies have the resource to launch terror actions on this scale.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 10:16 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DJ Velocity
The one and only

To me, it doesn't matter whether they did this are not. They are like-minded and are displaying there approval. Therefore are just as bad.

I don't want to appear to be a prick and label everyone as I know not EVERY Palastinian will have thought like that, but MOST will. Lets face it, we all know what these religious extremists are. TROUBLE.

I am proud to be English and I am very patriotic. I understand the overwhelming anger in the US that someone has dared do something like this, to them. I would personally want to pick up a rifle and go to war, and kill as many of those "like-minded" arsewipes as possible.

This is a truly shocking blow to our cultures and I believe swift (military) retribution is the answer. I don't think this will start off WWIII, as this appears to be a terrorist group, not a country.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 10:34 AM
DJ Velocity is currently offline Click here to Send DJ Velocity a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Velocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

We should all remember that there were a vast amount of Palestinians that were NOT out in the streets celebrating. Many Paltestinian organisations have offered their sympathy and shock just like everyone else.

What we see is the lunatic fringe; the equivalent of neo-Nazis and football holligans and jusdging the whole by that is an error.

Meanwhile; some disturbing links between Bin laden and the Taleban regime have abeen revealed; Bin Laden has denied the attacks, though (and you would think he would crow about them). Mind you, he has supported the attacks in principle, of course. The Taleban have said they will hand him over if he is found responsible- that's quite a big thing, because the US has never formally recognised the Taleban and their normal diplomatic relations with the US is to tell them to **** off.

The US are now looking for men on the ground- they reckon there are a lot of people to catch. I understand theyt have five suspects they are after right now after finding a car with foregin air instruction manualas and how-to-fly videos.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 12th, 2001 at 10:43 AM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 10:37 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

As easy as it is to blame people at this early stage it should not be forgotten that there is still no evidence to say that it was a Palastinian attack, until the wreckage can be investigated there could be no way of saying who was to blame... unfortunately.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 11:13 AM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Still there were vast numbers of people out in the streets celebrating, that is enough for me. They showed theire true selves and they are scum. No excuses no sympathy, we dont need their kind. I dont care if they all vanished from the face of the earth, I sure as hell wouldn`t miss them.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 11:18 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But the vast majority did not do that. It is not the true face of most of these people.

Still no-one claiming responsibility. The most likely motive for the attack is to show the US the high price of supporting Israel (though that sure as heck isn't going to work), or maybe to trigger a Middle Eastern war. Neither plan really works unless someone stands up and says 'I did it'. Bin Laden is still denying it. Hmmm.

Bush said that the US will draw no distinction between those who committed this act and those who harbour them. Blair has made it clear that we are going to offer far more than just sympathy. WHoeever it turns out to be, we're going in deep.

If there can be such a thing as good news here, it seems that the early quoted figure of 800 dead at the Pentagon was too high; we are now looking at about a quarter of that. As for the thousnads in the Trade Centre there is still no idea, though half a dozen were rescued over night. Amazing to think of anyone alive in there.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 12:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Think About This

A few years ago, in a place called Welling near where I live, there was a massive race-hate rally.

When you watched it on TV it looked like there would 10's of 1000's of people there. Many looked like normal people, they weren't all skinheaded neonazi lookalikes.

However, there were MANY times more people who where not involved. We can not brand an entire nation for the acts of a few.

Watch the footage again. It was not actually that many, when weighed against the total populous of the region.

IF we just go in there, without any proof that they did it, then we are no better than terrorists ourselves.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 12:27 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If no-one is going to say they did it, then I suppose our best hope right now is that they catch some of the people on the ground and trace the link back.

Gee, I am seeeing some hysterical stuff on the net. Over 100,000 people are dead. Israel is invading Afghanistan right now with tanks and planes. The arab nations have nuclear missiles pointed at the US and its all over.

All nonsense, of course. This is bad enough without people making it worse by spreading stuff like that.

Bin Laden has praised the courage of the terrorsits, saying that it 'represents the actions of the oppressed'.

The US air bases in the UK are seeing a lot of activity. The first strike back against anyone will almost certainly come from them.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 12:36 PM
yerssot

UPDATES;

1) A seperatist movement of Kashmir announced to the French press buro that they were responsible.

2) Netsky, or something like that said that there were 8 planes hijacked, 4 were shot down

3) There is news of a letter that was in February, sent by a doctor, about the US being 'the dot', investigation is running

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 12:39 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I heard on NPR this morning that someone (don't remember the source) spoke to BinLaden via satellite phone and although he said he didn't do it, he congratulated whoever did.

While I, in all my american gung-ho gusto, would like an instant atomic bomb dropped on those towel-heads (again, my narrow-mindedness showing), it is important that the US government does a COMPLETE and THOROUGH investigation before any retaliation is attempted. Identifying those responsible without any shard of doubt and then dealing with them swiftly is the sensible course of action that the US must take.

I must say that terrorism takes its toll in ways that I never knew existed. Without going into a lot of needless detail, a series of events in my home have driven a wedge between Tom and I. People can be affected by this in ways you cannot not possibly imagine.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 01:16 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think you some it up well Gundy.

I am sorry to here that this has brought discomfort to the home front.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 01:28 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Thanks RC. Hopefully things will settle down and sort themselves out in a few days. My sister and I are supposed to leave saturday morning for a week in ocean city, maryland. Not quite as excited as I was on monday, to say the least.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 01:48 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, that's a real pain.

I was supposed to attend a friends wedding in Philidelphia on the 7th October, but now Mandy doesn't want me to fly.

I completely understand why she says this and, to be honest, I don't think I would want to get on a plane right now.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 02:09 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well fortunately this is only a four hour drive, not a plane ride, but still, with the turmoil over here, I don't think this vacation would be as much fun as our trip to Cape Hatteras two weeks ago.

Sorry I'm so down in the dumps, everybody. sad

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 02:17 PM
Ratcat

Yeah, same here.

I haven't seen Raffi, my friend, in over 5 years. Guess it's gonna be a little longer now. sad

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 03:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I just heard my Uncle is ok. He wasn't working in Ney Yoek at the time. I have to say, I was a little worried.

The Israeli air force has armed guards on their planes; seeing as it seems the hijackers only had knives that would have been a formiddable deterrent.

But of course, American internal flights in probably the safest country in the world were not particualrly security concious and never have been. Everyone has always known that American air security is lax but seriously, no-one ever really expected it to matter.

But it will all change now.

And it might not just be security on air travel. A lot of things have been talked about - id cards, spot checks, mass deployment of cameras. When asked about how far measures would go- including mandatory id cards- Blair didn't shoot the idea down. That's a long, long way from it happening, of course, but we should be aware that then Colin Powell said this would be a war on ALL fronts, he mant, it, and this could end up affectiong all our lives considerably.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 03:07 PM
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

the posts in the last 24 hours just show that no matter how far or near you are to an iccident of this nature it effects people everywhere. People concerned about their loved ones, people scared to travel, scared to go to work, there is no more an appropriate term for this than terrorism in every sense of the word.

I hope vengence is swift and painful on the people who are responsible for this.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 03:47 PM
sand person no. 10 is currently offline Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

so do I. real painfull.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2001 04:00 PM