KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Bad Batch episodes have been decent enough, but they're still filler. I don't feel like the final season should have filler.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 29th, 2020 at 06:27 PM

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 06:23 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I agree. These eps have great animation, but they aren't really building a story that anyone gives a **** about.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2020 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

How is it filler? Rex, one of the main characters, is having a good bit of character development. That's the exact opposite of filler.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 04:00 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Son of Dathomir really deserved to be adapted in animation because it shows what happened to Maul between The Lawless and Rebels, plus it had some great moments like Maul vs Mace & Aayla, I can't believe that Lucasfilm prioritised Bad Batch over that.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 10:43 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
How is it filler? Rex, one of the main characters, is having a good bit of character development. That's the exact opposite of filler.
I guess it just seems like filler to me, relative to everything else that we know is going to happen this season.

Like, why even focus so much on the clones at this point? Do they really even need character-building this close to the end?

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Son of Dathomir really deserved to be adapted in animation because it shows what happened to Maul between The Lawless and Rebels, plus it had some great moments like Maul vs Mace & Aayla, I can't believe that Lucasfilm prioritised Bad Batch over that.
SoD should have 100% been adapted here, given that Maul will be the central villain this season. Any fans who may not have read the comics might be pretty confused when Maul inextricably shows up during the Siege of Mandalore, given that he was last seen in the show getting his ass pulverized by Palpatine.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I guess the difference was SOD was complete on comic form, just like DD was complete in Novel format. But Bad Batch was one of those arcs that wasnt competed in any format.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Galan007
I guess it just seems like filler to me, relative to everything else that we know is going to happen this season.

Like, why even focus so much on the clones at this point? Do they really even need character-building this close to the end?

Why wouldn't they? The clones (specifically Rex) have had more focus than anyone other than Ahsoka and maybe Anakin. Sure, the stakes may not be as big as episodes focusing on Maul, but that doesn't make them filler. The Ahsoka walkabout arc seems more like filler to me. They should have done the other Ahsoka arc instead, the one with the Sith Shrine under the Jedi Temple.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 09:46 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I guess "filler" was the wrong word.

I just meant that the Bad Batch episodes, while cool in their own right, seem unnecessary in the scheme of things. They should have focused on other, more important, parts of the main plot, imo.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 02:20 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I wonder if Dooku and Grievous are still alive at this point of the war.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 01:44 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dooku and Grievous should still be alive at this point, assuming the show follows the same timeline as the novel.

In the novel, Anakin and Kenobi were originally supposed to lead the Siege of Mandalore themselves, but were recalled when Dooku launched his attack on Coruscant... That's when Ahsoka entered the fray, and led the strike instead.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2020 01:52 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I wish DD and SOD were adapted and we got a full 7th season. No reason not to at this point given Disney+ lack of original content at this stage in the game. Tbh no reason they couldn't produce Bad Batch and those

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 05:03 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

An Ahsoka vs Dooku duel
there we go
or Grievous vs Ahsoka.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 5th, 2020 07:44 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Looks like we might get to see Mace actually do... Something next ep.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 02:14 AM
Zenwolf

...I'm not too sure what to think of that scene.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Like a non-swearing Sam Jackson there. I approve.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 04:25 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Love Obi-Wan looking at him like "dude, shut the **** up!" laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 06:01 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Anakin/Trench scene was good shit.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2020 11:50 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by carthage
An Ahsoka vs Dooku duel
there we go
or Grievous vs Ahsoka.
Windu vs Dooku needs to happen imo.

Mace might have the single best feat in Star Wars and that's besting Sidious. Granted he don't have a lot of feats but that one is top tier imo.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2020 04:15 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

The Anakin/Trench scene was good shit.
Yes indeed. Anakin slaughtered him without any hesitation.

Trench- "Dooku will kill me."
Anakin- "You think I wont!"
Trench- "Youre a Jedi!"
SLASH
Anakin- "I don't have such weaknesses!"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2020 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Total Warrior is online now!

Is it broadcast on Disney +?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2020 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote