KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How's that?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

True yes, TCW did kinda fly in the face of the movies at times...but then the New Canon has done that more than once already.

Also not sure your first picture loaded properly.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

You guys are crazy. The PT outright contradicted the OTs dialogue. Yoda being Obi-Wans one and only Master, Leias mum dying when she was a kid, not at her birth.

But somehow TCW isnt canon because one its Clone War characters wasnt mentioned in ROTS

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You guys are crazy. The PT outright contradicted the OTs dialogue. Yoda being Obi-Wans one and only Master, Leias mum dying when she was a kid, not at her birth.

But somehow TCW isnt canon because one its Clone War characters wasnt mentioned in ROTS

I remember Obi-Wan saying he was trained by Yoda, not that he was his only master though.

But I never said TCW wasn't Canon. Although unlike the dialogue, it is more bigger in scope.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Is your memory defective? - Leia never implied that her mother died as a kid.

Leia only said her only memory of her mother was that she seemed kind and sad - that's it.

Doesn't contradict the PT in the slightest.

And Jedi have TWO Masters.

Jedi have a Master during their Youngling years in a Clan - and they have a second Master when they become a Padawan to a Knight/Master.

Yoda was Obi-Wan's Master when he was in a Youngling Clan - so again, doesn't contradict the PT.

- Where "The Clone Wars" does contradict the PT is all the events that are incompatible with the implied PT-film storyline.

Grievous battling Kenobi dozens of times before the film has them fight for the first time.

Also the fact that it's never even faintly implied in ROTS that Anakin had a Padawan.

- "The Clone Wars" might as well state that Obi-Wan had a sex-change operation in between AOTC and ROTS and that he was female for a while, and then changed his gender back to male before ROTS.

- "The Clone Wars" also has plenty more examples where the storyline of "The Clone Wars" and ROTS are simply incompatible.

And when two stories are incompatible with each other, that means one is Canon and the other is not.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Lighter332

Leia only said her only memory of her mother was that she seemed kind and sad - that's it.

Doesn't contradict the PT in the slightest.

And Jedi have TWO Masters.

Jedi have a Master during their Youngling years in a Clan - and they have a second Master when they become a Padawan to a Knight/Master.

Yoda was Obi-Wan's Master when he was in a Youngling Clan - so again, doesn't contradict the PT.

- Where "The Clone Wars" does contradict the PT is all the events that are incompatible with the implied PT-film storyline.

Grievous battling Kenobi dozens of times before the film has them fight for the first time.

Also the fact that it's never even faintly implied in ROTS that Anakin had a Padawan.

- "The Clone Wars" might as well state that Obi-Wan had a sex-change operation in between AOTC and ROTS and that he was female for a while, and then changed his gender back to male before ROTS.

- "The Clone Wars" also has plenty more examples where the storyline of "The Clone Wars" and ROTS are simply incompatible.

And when two stories are incompatible with each other, that means one is Canon and the other is not.

Well for Disney, everything is Canon soo....yeah.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 03:21 AM
Darth Thor

I remember Obi-Wan saying he was trained by Yoda, not that he was his only master though.

But I never said TCW wasn't Canon. Although unlike the dialogue, it is more bigger in scope.

No, Obi-Wan said THE Jedi Master who instructed me. Implication being there was Only One.

Nope. She says her mother died when she was Very Little.

So ROTS was a DIRECT Contradiction to that.

NOTHING in TCW had that level of Direct contradiction to ROTS.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 5th, 2020 at 08:38 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 08:34 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Nope. She says her mother died when she was Very Little.

So ROTS was a DIRECT Contradiction to that.

So babies aren't very little?

NOTHING in TCW had that level of Direct contradiction to ROTS.

You gotta be shitting me.

TCW had a ridiculous amount of direct-contradiction to ROTS.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 10:36 AM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 10:38 AM
Darth Thor

So babies aren't very little

The exact line was- She died when I was Very Young

Thats clearly not dying on her birth. Moreover she even described her as being Kind.

Here try actually watching the scene before commenting on it:

https://youtu.be/MDYX_PgorRY

It was clear from ROTJ that Leia wasnt a baby when her mother died.

So try again. Between this and Yoda being THE Jedi Master who taught Obi-Wan, thats 2 DIRECT contradictions between the PT and OT.

Does that make the PT non-canon?

Theres no such Direct contradiction between ROTS and TCW. IMPLIED ones sure, but not Outright Direct ones.

You not liking TCW doesnt make it Non Canon.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 11:51 AM
Zenwolf

No, Obi-Wan said THE Jedi Master who instructed me. Implication being there was Only One.

Ah yeah. Although Yoda did train younglings, so to them he was their master. But still fair.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 02:45 PM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

The exact line was- She died when I was Very Young

Thats clearly not dying on her birth. Moreover she even described her as being Kind.

Here try actually watching the scene before commenting on it:

https://youtu.be/MDYX_PgorRY

It was clear from ROTJ that Leia wasnt a baby when her mother died.

I've watched that movie far more than you have.

Are you trying to argue that a baby isn't very young?

It's not clear that Leia wasn't a baby when her mother died, you moron.

When Luke asked her what she was like, Leia gave a very simple description for a person who supposedly knew her for a long time - she described her as "kind and sad" - literally the last descriptions of Padme before she died:

So try again. Between this and Yoda being THE Jedi Master who taught Obi-Wan, thats 2 DIRECT contradictions between the PT and OT.

Does that make the PT non-canon?

The first example you mentioned is obviously not a contradiction, dimwit.

The second example is one I have brought up before as a contradiction - however - Obi-Wan is also the same person who told Luke that Darth Vader "was a Jedi Knight who murdered Luke's father" - meaning that he explains things to Luke in great detail when necessary and otherwise just simplifies things for him.

So either way, it's just Obi-Wan explaining what he deems necessary at the time.

- So no, it's not a direct-contradiction - neither of those two are.

Theres no such Direct contradiction between ROTS and TCW. IMPLIED ones sure, but not Outright Direct ones.

General Grievous dueling Obi-Wan Kenobi numerous times before their first duel on Utapau in Revenge Of The Sith, IS a direct-contradiction, you retard.

THAT is a direct-contradiction - because it's two alternate series of events occurring that are completely-incompatible with each other.

If Revenge Of The Sith is Canon - then "The Clone Wars" TV show can't possibly be.

You not liking TCW doesnt make it Non Canon.

Are you seriously that mentally-slow?

You do understand that TCW's storyline is not compatible with the PT-storyline, right?

That's why it's Non-Canon.

Characters can't simultaneously be in two different places at the same time in that universe.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 04:03 PM
Darth Thor

Its pretty clear whose mentally slow and butthurt here. One of us can see the clear inconsistency of Leia claiming her Mother died when she was very young, the other rationalises this by claiming Babies just coming out of the womb are very young laughing out loud

I accept your concession that Obi-Wan having had 2 Masters (the latter being his main Master) is another inconsistency.

So the prequels are non canon to you. Disgraceful. Youre clearly one of those morons who think he invented Star Wars and Lucas has nothing to do with it laughing out loud

The only canon that claims Grievous fought Obi-Wan for the first time on Utapau is your own head canon. No where is that stated on ROTS. Not once.

Get this through your thick skull - The Prequels are canon. The OT is canon. And TCW is canon. Every single continuity has accepted that that, even Legends. Only Butt hurt Legend fanatics such as yourself (and of course Lucas haters) have an issue with this.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 08:09 PM
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Its pretty clear whose mentally slow and butthurt here. One of us can see the clear inconsistency of Leia claiming her Mother died when she was very young, the other rationalises this by claiming Babies just coming out of the womb are very young laughing out loud

I accept your concession that Obi-Wan having had 2 Masters (the latter being his main Master) is another inconsistency.

So the prequels are non canon to you. Disgraceful. Youre clearly one of those morons who think he invented Star Wars and Lucas has nothing to do with it laughing out loud

The only canon that claims Grievous fought Obi-Wan for the first time on Utapau is your own head canon. No where is that stated on ROTS. Not once.

Get this through your thick skull - The Prequels are canon. The OT is canon. And TCW is canon. Every single continuity has accepted that that, even Legends. Only Butt hurt Legend fanatics such as yourself (and of course Lucas haters) have an issue with this.

Your entire post is retarded. laughing laughing laughing

You can't tell me to get shit through my skull - when the only thing in your skull is a "brain" the size of a shriveled up pea.

You're dumb as shit - the novelization states that Obi-Wan is the perfect canidate to fight Grievous and Mace tells Obi-Wan what styles Grievous uses and what to expect - because Obi-Wan had never fought Grievous before, you dumbshit.

- The same reason Grievous declares to Obi-Wan that he was trained by Count Dooku.

And again, Obi-Wan originally told Luke that Darth Vader was a Jedi Knight who murdered his father - so does that mean you think Obi-Wan was being literal? You dumbshit. laughing

Obi-Wan obviously tells Luke things to him in great detail when necessary and otherwise just simplifies things for him.

So again, not a contradiction.

But I accept your concession that you don't realize that Obi-Wan spent most of the OT not giving Luke detailed explanations about his own past just for the sake of simplifying things for him until he was older - and so that Obi-Wan's wording of Yoda being his Master is indeed not an actual inconsistency - unlike your beloved children's CGI cartoon. smile

And since you think "The Clone Wars" are Canon - you must apparently be the one to think the Prequels are Non-Canon.

But you are retarded, so that's to be expected. laughing

Oh, and you think babies aren't very young?

Is Benjamin Button a documentary to you?

Do you think this is what real babies look like?

You dumbshit. laughing

- Get this through your thick skull and into your tiny pea brain, you Down Syndrome fvck - the Prequels and "The Clone Wars" contain events that are incompatible with each other - meaning that if Revenge Of The Sith never even vaguely implies that Anakin had an Padawan (Something that would have been brought up during the Council meeting to make Anakin a member of the Council) - that means Ahsoka does not exist.

And if both the novelization and the movie of Revenge Of The Sith both state that Obi-Wan only fought Grievous during the Battle Of Utapau at the end of the Clone Wars - via Mace telling Obi-Wan Grievous's styles and what he can expect (because he had never fought him before) and Grievous declaring to Kenobi that Dooku had trained him (something that Kenobi would have already learned if he had fought him previously numerous times) - then obviously Obi-Wan's duel with General Grievous on Utapau was their first.

Meaning that their encounters in "The Clone Wars" are incompatible with Revenge Of The Sith and thusly Non-Canon.

Do you get that, or are the straps on your bicycle helmet cutting off circulation to your water-filled head?

Last edited by Lighter332 on Feb 6th, 2020 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 10:34 PM
ares834

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 10:42 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh switching gears to the novelisation now, because youve lost the argument about the movies. Nice.

Ah yes Obi-Wan didnt have to explain every detail to Luke, but Anakin had to explain where his ex-Padawan was for absolutely No reason.

And yes according to Lighters interpretation of the English language if I talk about what I used to do when I was very young it I must be talking about the literal minute I was born laughing out loud

What a sad excuse for a fan you are.

TCW is canon. As per Lucas. As per Legends (where do you think The Ones came from), and as per Disney.

Basically to everyone except Butt hurt Lucas hating Legends fanatics like yourself.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 11:20 PM
Zenwolf

Oh switching gears to the novelisation now, because youve lost the argument about the movies. Nice.

Ah yes Obi-Wan didnt have to explain every detail to Luke, but Anakin had to explain where his ex-Padawan was for absolutely No reason.

And yes according to Lighters interpretation of the English language if I talk about what I used to do when I was very young it I must be talking about the literal minute I was born laughing out loud

What a sad excuse for a fan you are.

TCW is canon. As per Lucas. As per Legends (where do you think The Ones came from), and as per Disney.

Basically to everyone except Butt hurt Lucas hating Legends fanatics like yourself.

Eh The Ones were around before TCW, they just weren't called The Ones.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 11:38 PM
Darth Thor

Eh The Ones were around before TCW, they just weren't called The Ones.

Nah TCW introduced them.

And TCW never named them The Ones. That was Legend material.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 11:48 PM
Zenwolf

Nah TCW introduced them.

And TCW never named them The Ones. That was Legend material.

Well I mean, yeah as far as actual appearance wise goes.

Oh really? Always thought that came post appearance, I just kept thinking Celestials/Architects.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 11:59 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Being season 7 will be exclusively on Disney+ I wonder if the episodes will be longer than the 22 minute ones that aired on regular TV.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2020 03:04 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote