KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 616 wolverine vs ultimate captain america

616 wolverine vs ultimate captain america
Started by: hawkwind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shinkuu

50/50???

Hard to swallow when you compare the people Wolverine can hurt with one hit and the damage he soaks up from more powerful people than Cap, and then you compare their roughly equal fighting skills.

Last edited by Shinkuu on Oct 18th, 2006 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 07:18 AM
Shinkuu is currently offline Click here to Send Shinkuu a Private Message Find more posts by Shinkuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riceroost
Hey, OneDumbG0 - that was ONE DUMB GOd awful fight senario. Wolverine doesn't land a single. a SINGLE hit? Why am I not fuggin surprised??? Bull Fuggin Shit!! And people call me a fanboy!?!? Rediculous.

Thats because you are a fanboy wink or must I remind you... laughing big grin

Wolverine is god. You know, I know it, your Mom knows it, even your avatar knows it.

And for the record Wolverine could get to Torch if he was only 50 feet away. Wolverine has jumped 50 feet straight up in a split second, so if Torch was only 50 feet in the air he wouldn't be safe from Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 02:05 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Its not fanboyism. I took my cue from New Avengers #5. You should read it.
I have every appearance of Wolverine you clown shoe. My copy is sitting 5 feet away from me right now in a long box.
Spiderwoman hits Wolvie in the face with a bioelectric venom blast, thereby stunning him.
Which is where I assume you get the whole taser idea from. Unfortunately for you in these forums 616 Wolverine operates at peak ability and peak ability for Wolverine means lightning bolts can't even phase him. Considering Spider-Woman's Venom Blast packs about 1/10 the power of a real lightning bolt this would not even remotely harm or slow down Wolverine in any way. There goes your worthless taser theory.
She then proceeds to flip him over onto his back and stab him in the neck with his own claws. Wolvie couldn't do anything about it.
If you had read the issue you would know that Wolverine was already in bad shape. He had been in a plane crash and been fighting a small army of mutates for 6 hours before he ever came into contact with Jess and Luke. And if Wolverine had been there to kill her she would have been dead. He had plenty of time to just kill her. And as I've said before he wasn't even bothered by getting stabbed in the neck. He promptly throws her off and would have killed her if not for Cage's interference. And if you had read Bendis' interview you would know the only reason he did this was to pump up Jess since she's his new favorite. An accurate example of them fighting is in House of M where he KOs her with one elbow to the face when she has a gun on him.
Spiderwoman then sat on his chest. Had she not recognized Wolverine, and had she Super Soldier strength, I'd assume she'd start 'piling on the damage.'
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LOL!!! You do realize that Jessica has SUPER strength dont you? She can lift over 7 tons. Ultimate Cap's super soldier enhanced strength is at best only equal to 616 Wolverine's enhanced mutant strength. Jess is more than 3 times stronger than either of them. She also has SUPER speed, which explains how she could do anything to Wolverine in the first place. Cap has neither her strength, speed, or her enhanced hearing meaning he is incapable of doing to Wolverine what she could only do with writer's favoritism.
Your real problem with the scenario I wrote, is that Wolverine won't be affected or stunned or halted in the least bit by any of the actions taken.
No, my real problem is that you wrote a horrible biased account of the battle in which Wolverine fought like my crippled 97 year old great grandfather instead of one of the worlds's greatest hand to hand fighters.
Supersoldier double kick to the gut.
super soldiers are weak dude. No stronger than Wolverine kicking himself. He takes a double handed sledge to the face from Hulk using a Redwood tree and that never slowed him down.
shield clonk to the head.
He's taken a stealth bomber at full speed to the face and not been hurt.
taser stun,.
electrocutes himself to hurt other people. Takes lighting bolts no problem...
fish gutting and grenade blowing in gut.

Fights entire N'Garai nation with his guts hanging out no prob.
Heals from Nuke blowing him up to adamantium in 2 pages...
You believe none of this will even give him pause for one second. You're delusional..
All of this piled one after another might hurt him, but it would never get to that. Cap's momentumn would have been halted after the first or second move and Wolverine would have counter attacked. And most of the set-ups for the big damage would definitely not have hurt him. Kick to gut, throat shot, taser? Those 3 attacks Wolverine could easily just plow straight through without even worrying about.

If you believe Cap could do all that crap to Wolverine without getting evicerated than you are clearly more delusional than I could ever hope to be.
I can post examples of each and every time where such things CAN and HAVE stunned him.
And I could and have posted examples of when similar, but more powerful attacks have not hurt him even slightly.

Double kick to gut stuns him? Check (DD nails him with double kick in Wolverine #23).
SIGHHHHHHH...
First of all your research sucks. Wolverine fought DD in Wolverine # 24. Second you are blatantly lying your @ss off. DD only landed a double kick to Wolverine when Wolverine was evading sniper fire from Elektra. The kick did not stun him in any way shape or form. He got kicked into a wall and he got right back out. Stunned? NO.
Shield clonk to head stuns him? Check (Cap nails him in head with shield toss in New Avengers #6)
Oh really? And how the hell was Wolverine stunned? Was he knocked out? No. Was he lying on his back moaning? No. He was thrown off balance while hit from behind in the back of the head. Cap threw off his jump, that's it. Wow, you proved Cap can cheap shot someone. Good job. Stunned? NO.
Taser-level electricty stuns him? Check (Wasp's biolelectric blast in Secret Wars #4 or more recently, the aforementioned Spiderwoman 'venom blast' in New Avengers #5).)

I've already schooled you about Spider-Woman so I'll move on to Wasp.

In Secret Wars Wasp never used her bio blast on Wolverine. Try reading the book and actually looking at the illustrations next time champ. Wasp kicks Wolverine who trips over Colossus. Wasp only uses her sting on Storm and Prof. X. And considering they were back on their feet in about 2 panels it wouldn't have done squat to Wolverine if she had used it. This was also Secxret Wars, where the X-Men were made to look VERY inexperienced and their ability was downplayed tremendously.

X-Men Vol. 2 # 62: Wolverine sustains a concentrated constant lightning strike from Storm. Wolverine assures her he wont kill Shang-Chi and she stops the lightning. Wolverine is fine afterwards.

Wolverine Vol. 2 # 14: Wolverine punctures an airplane's control panel and electrocutes himself and then shares the charge with a Vampire that was super charged by a cosmic level item into a being with massive regeneration and super human durability. The electric charge momentarily KOs the beast, but Wolverien is completely uneffected by being electrocuted.
Grenade blast stuns him? Check (Just check out how f'ed up Deadpool is with his healing ability with a grenade exploding outside his torso rather than inside in Cable/Deadpool #30).
I dont give two craps how Deadpool handles grenade blasts.Wolverine has a lot of healing feats that blow away Deadpool;s and you never know what is actually DP's healing and what is his immortality, so he is a bad example.

As for the grenade doing any lasting damage, that is not a safe bet either. Wolverine routinely takes point blank 100% power blasts from Cyclops to the gut. (Astonishing X-Men # 1) Cyclops can punch holes in mountains with his optic blast, which is thousands of times more destructive than any hand grenade. Wolverine takes that, plus a 3 story fall and flips back to his feet cracking jokes. In Secret War # 5 Wolverine's heart is exploded in his chest and he's back on his feet, perfectly fine by the next page. Grenade wont stop him. Slow him down maybe, but not enough for Cap to win the fight.
I'm the one posting examples and you've shown me absolutely NOTHING to say that this stuff WON'T affect Wolverine.).
Actually I have provided an example for each of my rebuttles. Look above and be educated.
It seems from the KMC community its a 50/50 draw between Ult. Cap and Wolverine. I can live with that general consensus. 'Nuff said.
And I wonder why that is? This forum is horribly biased against Wolverine and in many cases vote against him even when they know he should win just to spite other Wolverine posters. They and you dont use common sense. Common Sense says Cap can't hurt Wolverine and Wolverine can kill Cap by landing a single trike. That means Wolverine takes the overwealming majority in a straight up fight: 8/10.

There is only one way Ultimate Cap could pull a 50/50 fight against 616 Wolverine:

Wolverine has no healing factor.
Wolverien has no adamantium skeleton.
Wolverine can't use his claws.

Now Cap can get 5/10 agaisnt Wolverine. Now he can hurt Wolverine and Wolverine can't kill him with a single strike. But 616 Wolverine's higher fighting ability rating (7 to Ult. Cap's 6) levels the playing field. Physically their strength and speed should be about equal.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 06:23 AM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Unfortunately for you in these forums 616 Wolverine operates at peak ability and peak ability for Wolverine means lightning bolts can't even phase him. Considering Spider-Woman's Venom Blast packs about 1/10 the power of a real lightning bolt this would not even remotely harm or slow down Wolverine in any way. There goes your worthless taser theory.

eek! laughing rolling on floor laughing

So wolverine is immune to lightning now eh? laughing

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 02:15 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

So a fight is only accurate when Wolverine wrecks his opponent? confused

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 02:19 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I don't think the Spider-Woman/Wolverine incident should be taken into account. The writer of that issue admitted in an interview that the point of that owning was to make Spider-Woman more badass after being in limbo for a long time.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 03:52 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

quote:
So a fight is only accurate when Wolverine wrecks his opponent?

Nope, but by that then we should take into consideration as well U.Cap's fight with Nighthawk a regular human with great martial arts.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 04:46 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Originally posted by Grimm22
So wolverine is immune to lightning now eh?
He's shown several times to be able to stand up to a full force lightning bolt no problem you chuckling fool. Go read a damn comic and stop giggling over established facts....

Like Wolverine cutting Thing wide open!!!
big grin eek! laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance evil face stick out tongue smile smokin'

And as such a measly taser will do nothing to him. Just look at House of M the Day After 1 shot. An FOH member hits Wolverine with an ENHANCED taser. Wolverine gets hit, takes the time to cut down a crucified burning mutant while being electrocuted and then knocks the fool out.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 07:20 PM
riceroost is currently offline Click here to Send riceroost a Private Message Find more posts by riceroost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

And as such a measly taser will do nothing to him. Just look at House of M the Day After 1 shot. An FOH member hits Wolverine with an ENHANCED taser. Wolverine gets hit, takes the time to cut down a crucified burning mutant while being electrocuted and then knocks the fool out.

I thought HOM didn't count because it's not considered canon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess than it's safe to use the evidence of Black Panther wrecking and embarassing Sabretooth then, eh?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 08:02 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riceroost

Originally posted by Metalmanx
I thought HOM didn't count because it's not considered canon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess than it's safe to use the evidence of Black Panther wrecking and embarassing Sabretooth then, eh?

It's from House of M: THE DAY AFTER. If you had actually bothered to read the book you would know it takes place AFTER HOM, hence the subtitle "THE DAY AFTER". It's in continuity big guy.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2006 07:47 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

wolverine...........

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 08:56 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Wolverine wins dang this thread is old.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 09:33 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

lol I forgott how unrespect and underestimated Logan was on kmc bacj year or more ago.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 09:37 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

When I saw this forum the first thing that came to my mind was
Fanboy War!!!!
That being said, I have to tell you something.
riceroost-Ult. Cap actually has Spiderman level strength. Doesn't matter much to Wolverine when he has his healing faactor, is fighting to win, and Cap being not as fast as Spidey, but just to let you know.
OneDumbG0-you are referencing Deadpool being 'effed up by a grenade, but you forget that he doesn't have the luxury of an adamantium skeleton holding together his body and the protection (however small) it grants to Wolverine's organs.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 06:01 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

As a huge Ult Cap fan with most of his comics, and his respect thread on Comicvine I am on the fence as far who could win. Ultimate Cap can indeed win. He is as skilled, stronger, as fast, more durable, and has less morals. He also regularly uses guns and grenades with his shield.

Plus he has a 2-0 record against Ultimate Wolverine who is by feats as impressive as 616, only with better high end healing feats.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 06:11 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by CadenceV2
As a huge Ult Cap fan with most of his comics, and his respect thread on Comicvine I am on the fence as far who could win. Ultimate Cap can indeed win. He is as skilled, stronger, as fast, more durable, and has less morals. He also regularly uses guns and grenades with his shield.

Plus he has a 2-0 record against Ultimate Wolverine who is by feats as impressive as 616, only with better high end healing feats.

Yes Cap can win there's no doubt about it. But as skilled as mainstream Wolverine, let alone mainstream Cap, I doubt it. I see Ult Cap in the Us Agent skill level. A well trained martial artist, but not something too spectacular. I haven't seen much skill feats from him.
And Ult. Wolvie, except healing, in which Ult is superior, and pain tolerance, about equal, I beleive that in durability, damage soak, damage output, skill, speed, senses, I beleive 616 Wolverine vastly outclasses his Ult counterpart

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:03 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroggyGrunt

Wait, Ultimate Cap is in the 10-ton range now? WTF happened?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:13 PM
GroggyGrunt is currently offline Click here to Send GroggyGrunt a Private Message Find more posts by GroggyGrunt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
Wait, Ultimate Cap is in the 10-ton range now? WTF happened?

We never got a statement of his strength level. What we do have is feats of tanking 100+ toner hits consistently with little to no damage for durability. We also have feats that show consistently in the 5 ton range. He also has many consistent feats of seriously harming 100+ toners with strikes too. He raw strength wise matches Ultimate Spider Man in lock up. Also his bio shows his strength as a 4 in power rating. Meaning he is in the same power rating range of 616 Spider Man or 616 Green Goblin. He was meant to be pretty tough like WW2 era Cap.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:51 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroggyGrunt

Originally posted by CadenceV2
We never got a statement of his strength level. What we do have is feats of tanking 100+ toner hits consistently with little to no damage for durability. We also have feats that show consistently in the 5 ton range. He also has many consistent feats of seriously harming 100+ toners with strikes too. He raw strength wise matches Ultimate Spider Man in lock up. Also his bio shows his strength as a 4 in power rating. Meaning he is in the same power rating range of 616 Spider Man or 616 Green Goblin. He was meant to be pretty tough like WW2 era Cap.

Feats-wise, I didn't know we were talking about Ultimate Spider-Man. 616 Spider-Man-wise, I didn't know we were talking about bios. I'm a bit confused.

My mistake, there are certain heroes that I always default to the classic versions for, as opposed to current versions as the forum rules stipulate. 616 Spider-Man can basically be described the same as you have described Cap, except you'd have to notch up all the numbers rather significantly.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 06:06 AM
GroggyGrunt is currently offline Click here to Send GroggyGrunt a Private Message Find more posts by GroggyGrunt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
Feats-wise, I didn't know we were talking about Ultimate Spider-Man. 616 Spider-Man-wise, I didn't know we were talking about bios. I'm a bit confused.

My mistake, there are certain heroes that I always default to the classic versions for, as opposed to current versions as the forum rules stipulate. 616 Spider-Man can basically be described the same as you have described Cap, except you'd have to notch up all the numbers rather significantly.

If your confused on versions, then know this about Ultimate Marvel characters. They exist in a different Universe and have different lives than 616. Ultimate Cap is rather different than 616 Cap in many ways. Including stats. Also unlike 616 Cap ultimate Cap carries guns and grenades a lot into fights.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 06:11 AM