KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

The Battle Bar, Our Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
Started by: calvs

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3287): « First ... « 1602 1603 [1604] 1605 1606 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Has anyone else gotten the sense that the thousands of back-and-forths that have been written up here over the years have made us better people? I think so.

Also I like that, officially, I have one of the oldest active profiles out of all you.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I didn't want to have to call you out, Blax, since you used to be a regular member of my various forums, participant in RPs, and was a part of my circle of friends there. However, I will say that this above is simply untrue:

I'm still not sure what I did to you personally between then and now, but at some point you came to lump me in with people you utterly hated. Maybe you could enlighten me on why this is the case?

This I find amusing considering:

1. You came here first as a self-professed troll. This statement might seem more reasonable if you hadn't also treated KMC as a place for your personal amusement. If asking people with weak assertions to "prove up" is a crime, this might as well be a prison.

2. I'm still hard-pressed to think of a single instance where anyone ripped you apart but Sorgo. Did I forget something?

I realize the guy was a total asshat and menace, but you make it look like he emptied the place out with his antics or those of anyone else for that matter. A lot of regulars stopped coming around not because they were bashed but because they lost interest or life moved on. That's part of the reason we stopped coming in some cases.

Hell, in the thread that's been necro'd recently, here's some examples right here; check the last post dates:

Do you remember those names? I remember all of them and more. None of them got "chased off" by Sorgo or by Antediluvians.

No really, tell me how you feel about things.

(please log in to view the image)

I really am dying to know just what happened that made you hate Antediluvians so much that you joined their primary forum for years and participated. No really, I want you to explain that to me because if I hated a group of faceless goose-stepping thread-burning monsters, I wouldn't socialize with them on a forum primarily made up of their members and administrated by their visible leaders. And participate in RPs created by the same.

Since when did Blax go from "dude who hangs out in SWVF and EoD/RoK" to "wronged crusader against the Antediluvian menace"?

^ This is about the only thing here I utterly agree with. What baffles me is how you persist in pretending like SWVF was this gulag were all new people were frightened off and new threads sterilized, especially since this is a relatively new viewpoint on your part.

I don't understand what argument you're actually trying to make. Poking fun at your habit of coming to KMC, regurgitating past arguments, then wandering off again = me continuing some personal vendetta against you for past slights? Should I assume that your comment about my "hulk love" in the movie vs. is some kind of scathing personal attack against my views and everything I stand for regarding the Hulk versus Kursed?

Me spending lots of time at EoD= bros4life with the Antediluvian?

Do you actually have a point to make or are you just angry? If it's the former then just summarize it in a nice tidy paragraph or so. I don't have the inclination to do these lame line-by-line back and fourths anymore.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Man, thats not how I remember it. When I first joined and everyone thought I was a Nebaris sock I met incredible hostility, mostly from Sexy. I can't quite remember what he said, but I do recall him bringing up my mother in a rather nasty way.

In general there was still a lot of aggression towards people who disagreed with the status quo. It was why I stuck up for Neb so much, people were just laying into the guy.

I would have more sympathy for Nebaris if his crime was "going against the Status Quo". As it stands, he was banned and universally held with contempt, not for going against the status quo, but for being an *******.

Dave rips everyone a new one. He's the most unpleasant member here, and a sock from the old days (2005, iirc), who was literally banned after being warned for bashing like 3 times. lulz.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 12th, 2013 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

You just mention Dave has a wife or call him a lawyer and he goes berserk. Why? IDK.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

1) Lol, Janus is mad.

2) Yeah, Beefy is generally a prick, but he wasn't alone in attacking me. Even Gideon got in on it.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I've gotten into fights with Jessiah within this very forum.

I believe the impassioned plea to stop being a cock even contained a comparison of him to the Antedeluvian. I'm going to look for it.

edit-

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=2

Found it.

Whelp, at least I'm consistent.

double edit- Look at that gaudy signature of mine. The 80's, man...

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 12th, 2013 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Huh, I didn't know Legend had been around since 2007.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 06:56 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24828750

"They are a "street smart and strong" orphaned girl in her late teens and a "smart capable" man in his late teens or early 20s."

FEMALE PROTAGONIST

Well okay, probably not. "Romantic lead" is more likely.

But whatever. I'm just so glad that the two leads aren't Zac Effron-esque assholes with the girl playing third wheel.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 12th, 2013 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 08:26 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I am very amused. Should I also be flattered?

Yes. Yes you should be.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

@Neph: Not mad, just trying to get some clarity. Since Blax hasn't explicitly said something like "You were an ass and I didn't like you at first, but we got along later; outside of debates", I'm not sure if he's genuinely mad at me because of guilt of association, or something else. For my part, I never habored resentment to Blax, so I'd be pretty dumbfounded if the reverse were true.

I'd also like to say that Nebaris I thought was hilarious. Sometimes he talked out of his ass, but overall he was fun to see in action. "A- game", ftw. That he kept coming back just made it all the more enjoyable.

quote:
Me spending lots of time at EoD= bros4life with the Antediluvian?

I'm sorry but I can't think of a rational reason why you would willingly and frequently interact with people you think are the worst thing to ever grace this place, after they had left. It's not like you trolled or anything and we spent the whole time tearing your face off. You were a normal participate in discussions, and active across both boards. For years. You weren't attacked out of hand, and when Sorgo was abusive to people I banned him outright for the offense. We discussed his potential return here.

Let's showcase what you said:

quote:
I've had tons of trouble with him over the three years I've known him. But I say let him back anyway. I personally don't give a shit about anything anyone on the internet has to say on any subject, so his mannerisms don't bother me. I know however that a lot of people lack my awesome and badass self-control, so if the powers that be think that he'll be problematic don't let him come back. *shrug*

Originally posted by Tzeentch._

Whelp, at least I'm consistent.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You guys are all impotent pussies.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:40 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Can a pussy be impotent? confused

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:41 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

@Neph: Not mad, just trying to get some clarity. Since Blax hasn't explicitly said something like "You were an ass and I didn't like you at first, but we got along later; outside of debates", I'm not sure if he's genuinely mad at me because of guilt of association, or something else. For my part, I never habored resentment to Blax, so I'd be pretty dumbfounded if the reverse were true.

I'd also like to say that Nebaris I thought was hilarious. Sometimes he talked out of his ass, but overall he was fun to see in action. "A- game", ftw. That he kept coming back just made it all the more enjoyable.

I'm sorry but I can't think of a rational reason why you would willingly and frequently interact with people you think are the worst thing to ever grace this place, after they had left. It's not like you trolled or anything and we spent the whole time tearing your face off. You were a normal participate in discussions, and active across both boards. For years. You weren't attacked out of hand, and when Sorgo was abusive to people I banned him outright for the offense. We discussed his potential return here.

Let's showcase what you said:

So, just to make sure we're on the same wavelength, your issue is that you don't understand why I have this seething, unquenchable hatred for the Antediluvians, because of all the time I've spent on your forums and all the fist-bumping we've done over the years?

Last edited by Tzeentch on Nov 12th, 2013 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:41 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

You [guys] were an ass[es] and I didn't like you[ [guys] at first, but we got along later; outside of debates.

Way to ninja-edit:

So, just to make sure we're on the same wavelength, your issue is that you don't understand why I have this seething, unquenchable hatred for the Antediluvians, because of all the time I've spent on your forums?

That's one facet. The other is your apparent lack of concern over Sorgo's 2009 return, when according to your above rant 2 years prior he had decimated the land of your people, raped the women, and salted the fields so nothing may grow.

OMG you and your edits. Now I am completely insecure in my post.

Last edited by Stealth Moose on Nov 12th, 2013 at 09:52 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look it's very simple. The old guard just had a case of small penis syndrome, and overcompensated for that with arrogance. Nothing more.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 10:08 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 10:10 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by D-FENS
Agreed,REX already sent in a request to Raz for the closure of SW Versus Forum. wink And the OTF does indeed suck.

So where do we post SW Versus stuff than?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Gideon? Smarmy? erm

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 10:22 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Jmanghan
So where do we post SW Versus stuff than?
Foreign movies.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 10:50 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Way to ninja-edit:

That's one facet. The other is your apparent lack of concern over Sorgo's 2009 return, when according to your above rant 2 years prior he had decimated the land of your people, raped the women, and salted the fields so nothing may grow.

OMG you and your edits. Now I am completely insecure in my post.
That Sorgo was an angry shithead doesn't mean that I couldn't still interact with the man, or anyone really. I have a pretty high tolerance for shenanigans.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2013 11:27 PM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Zampanó
Tempest, I'd be curious as to your perspective, as a newer member: how do you feel the current level of debate-activity (centered on the True Sith Emperor) has influenced your ranking of Sidious as compared to characters like Tenebrae and other TOR creations?

Very little. Sidious still enjoys a distinct advantage in both accolades and feats. Vitiate is powerful, but as Beefy and Nephthys both admit, the Galactic Emperor is stronger.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 12:20 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote