KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » KotOR 2 is gonna rock

KotOR 2 is gonna rock
Started by: Creechuur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

yeah i think thats cool, but an exiled jedi....even cooler, you dont start with a lightsaber though. and no powers but its still cool that you were a jedi. i think that at the end of the game thers going to be some connection with revan. the game developer was very vague on the details as if he was leaving something for us to ponder.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Galaxy Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxy Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

where did u see pics....i couldnt find any off the net

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:32 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

EGM and its sister PC mag just did articles. Online, you can find info at rpgcodex.com, as well as a bunch of other places, I'm sure.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 5th, 2004 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

yeah. dont be startled by the bad graphix though...theyre still in the middle of getting all the kinky stuff right.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Galaxy Ghost a Private Message Find more posts by Galaxy Ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yea this game looks tight but it better be as good as the 1st one...where did u read that your an exiled jedi i read your a jedi with amensia

Old Post May 6th, 2004 02:00 AM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galaxy Ghost
quick and easy death

what? um in the official electronic gamers magazine..whered you read that?

Old Post May 6th, 2004 02:40 AM
Darth Revan
-

Re: KotOR 2 is gonna rock

quote:
Originally posted by Creechuur
I don't know about you guys, but I am stoked that Obsidian Entertainment is doing KotOR 2. Fallout is GOD, Feargus is the man and they are going to make this game so damn good.

Its not Fallout 3, but I suppose its the next best thing.

Heres my wish list for the game:
1. The Force Push should be expanded to a Force Telekinesis type move. Instead of just pushing a foe, your character should be able to pick up nearby objects and "throw" them at the enemy. When the power is maxed out the character could make a Force Tornado, sending ALL nearby objects spinning around the enemy causing damage for a couple rounds.

2. There absolutely must be more than a dark and light side path. Minor actions should affect the outcame of the game more. Also, you should be rewarded for being "neutral", keeping your force points right in the middle, neither dark nor light.

3. If you take the dark path, you should be able to rename your charcater with a "Datrh" title in the later stages of the game.

4. As you go light or dark, your companions should follow suit. Evil companions should get more evil and gain bonuses when they fight with you while good characters suffer penalties and distance themselves from you, and vice versa (I read that they actually are doing this).

What do you guys think?

All good ideas except for number three. It sounds cool, but think about it--in the original KOTOR, when you reached the end of the game as a dark sider, you were called Darth Revan. So, depending on the plot of this one, it may or may not work.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

i believe KOTOR2 is coming out on 2/5/05. I got a E-mail to day by Lucas arts.com but stupidly deleted it miffed

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:32 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Well, the subtitle of the game is The Sith Lords, so I figure theres gonna be a lot more bad guys. I just thought it would be nice if as you progressed in the dark side you did so under a master and he would give you a darth title at some point in the game.

The whole point of most RPGs is to make you the hero (or villian, as the case may be), it would be boring if you only got to be a mundane, mediocre character. Earning a Sith title would up the ante for a sequel pretty well for me.

C'mon though guys and girls, what other cool stuff would you like to see in the game? What other powers, dark or light?

One thing I'm hoping for is better animations. Most players had a favorite attack (power attack, sharpshooter, etc) and it got really boring watching the same attack animations over and over. A little more variety and randomness in the attack animations would be nice.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

i read that your gonna be an exiled jedi off rpgcodex.com

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:42 PM
wuTa

i mean i read your gonna be a jedi with amensia off rpgcodex.com

Old Post May 6th, 2004 06:43 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Your character has been exiled and returns from the outer rim of the galaxy at the beginning of the game. It seems a little too much like the first game if the character has amnesia again. I expect more from ex-Black Isle guys, since they usually concentrate as much on writing and story as gameplay.

Current screenshots were taken using character models from the first game, as they arent done with the new models yet. As far as graphics go, don't expect a big leap. They are using the same engine as the first game, although they said they were gonna squeeze as much goodness out of it as they can.

Old Post May 6th, 2004 07:31 PM
Kraken
Wraith

i have some pictures of Kotor 2

Attachment: split_kotor2.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

who would this be in the game

Attachment: 4.jpg
This has been downloaded 49 time(s).

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:21 PM
wuTa

that would be sweet if the sith in the 1st pic was in your party and u could play him

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:41 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

That masked Sith looks bada$$. Almost as scary as Maul, but more somber. I'd assume the chick is one of the party members.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 06:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The plot repetition is indeed worrying- it's like this is the only way they can get their Light/Dark side in whilst skipping basic Padawan training. Only convinces me further that it should not work like that...

Some proper Dark Side training for those who want it would be a good thing, and broader animations would indeed be nice.

But I SUSPECT, from these early indications, that this may end up being rather more of the same, than enough to justify a full sequel...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 7th, 2004 at 10:44 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2004 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by LordRevan
who would this be in the game

Her robe style looks a lot like the old lady from the Jedi Archives in Ep II

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 09:18 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Obsidian>Bioware

So I'm hoping the sequel serves up some goodness from a gameplay and story standpoint, if not from a technical one. I'd don't think they need to stray too far from the original. Just make sure its a good, original story and tweak the gameplay mechanics a bit.

I hate to say it Ush, but I doubt the branching paths will suit you. I'd love to be able to pick either dark or light at the beginning of the game, and have multiple story branches from there, but its just not going to happen. It'll probably be similar to the first game, except your party members will actually react to your 'alignment' this time.

One thing I have noticed about most of the games these guys have done (Fallout, Planescape, Baldurs Gate, etc.) is that they really like to give the user a lot of choices and make those choices affect the outcome of the game. Bioware is much more linear in their game making.

I still have high hopes for this game, if only because of Obsidian.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 09:19 PM
wuTa

i'm not sure if i like the idea tat your party members react to your "alignment"......in the 1st game when u fell completely fell to the darkside u had to kill your party memebers who were on the light side i loved that coz it followed the story line so good made perfect sense and i never expected anything like that to happen

Old Post May 7th, 2004 09:43 PM