KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sentry

Sentry
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What is stabbing Sentry's eyes out going to do?

Is that what Riv ment?

If you think he just ment to stab Sentry in the eye ball, inbox him and I'm sure he will fill you in.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 06:03 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
What is stabbing Sentry's eyes out going to do?

thumb up

Sentry stated hurting his shell as he called it was pointless as the soul is what drives him. He survived having his brain smashed to pieces and reformed it again. Just as an example.

Stabbing his eyes even if they manage to do so will just make Sentry reform them again. And I doubt he'd let them get within distance to do such a thing.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 06:15 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Okay thanks a lot for the reply Supermex.

Sentry would win.

Yes he would, and to the point that he'd likely terrify them while doing so.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 06:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Supermex
I like to think this may be a valid point made by (Riv)

Your opinion's definitely valid, though why you asked what you did i'm not sure. Still, in the very first DCnu JLA arc, he and WW stabbed Darkseid's eyes out (temporarily) with their strength, speed, skill, and weapons. If they can do that, they arent defenseless against Sentry.

I asked the question because the other 3 can fly and would most assuredly do so during the battle while Aquaman would be standing there with his thumb up his butt just waiting. Also, Aquaman is below the other 3 characters and I feel its by a decent margin. I just don't feel like he offers much in this scenario.

Anyways, if this is current Sentry, the three of those characters have no chance of winning. I don't even think current Sentry can be hurt.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 07:59 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by tkitna
I asked the question because the other 3 can fly and would most assuredly do so during the battle while Aquaman would be standing there with his thumb up his butt just waiting. Also, Aquaman is below the other 3 characters and I feel its by a decent margin. I just don't feel like he offers much in this scenario.

Anyways, if this is current Sentry, the three of those characters have no chance of winning. I don't even think current Sentry can be hurt.

Not physically it seems.

Even Non Death Seed could win depending on his mood. Considering he defeated the Void 3 times when at his most stable. That's if of course people use him in the match up of course.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:08 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Sentry stated hurting his shell as he called it was pointless as the soul is what drives him. He survived having his brain smashed to pieces and reformed it again. Just as an example.
Even prior to becoming 'death-amped', attacks to Sentry's physical being meant very little(if he didn't want them to, of course.)

Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man are prime examples. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Galan007
Even prior to becoming 'death-amped', attacks to Sentry's physical being meant very little(if he didn't want them to, of course.)

Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man are prime examples. thumb up

The whole soul element has always been around I think. Even when Robert was reduced to a skeleton in Siege he was still battling the Void inside the Sun for control of his body. As that what he meant by "reborn again and again until the curse was removed" (in Uncany Avengers). When the Void finally left for the White Hot Room.

Seems like as mentioned Robert is more than just his body. There is another element with his soul being alive in itself it seems.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Feb 28th, 2015 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:22 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Yeah.

Also, Morgana and Owen reduced Sentry to less than a skeleton--they completely atomized him into nothingness(Owen did so a few times)--yet Sentry reformed nonetheless. /shrug

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

^ Yeah.

Also, Morgana and Owen reduced Sentry to less than a skeleton--they completely atomized him into nothingness(Owen did so a few times)--yet Sentry reformed nonetheless. /shrug

Yep. One thing I always wonder is how the Apocalypse twins retrieved Robert's skeleton from the Sun. Guess we will never know.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Sentry seemed to imply that the Twins just pulled him out of the sun during one of his many cycles of regeneration:
(please log in to view the image)

Whole scene:
http://i.imgur.com/lpDu20z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RSh30PV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Qegag3x.jpg

...And with the Kang-tech at their disposal, that would certainly be feasible.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 28th, 2015 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:55 PM
Mindset

Is he the strongest herald level character right now?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 08:57 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

^ Sentry seemed to imply that the Twins just pulled him out of the sun during one of his many cycles of regeneration:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...And with the Kang-tech at their disposal, that would certainly be feasible.

Never actually thought of that to be honest. I have looked at the many similarities between Sentry and the Ancient Mariner (from the poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner). Kind of explains a lot of his story through that.

Although then again he describes "the Light" as completely separate from a place he is in now. Almost like they brought him back from the Life Seed into the Death Seed. Which would chime with him saying "I am Life-in-Death".

But who knows I may be wrong.

I just like to chuck up discussion when ti comes to Sentry.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:05 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Mindset
Is he the strongest herald level character right now?

Way way above Herald.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:05 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Sure, but I wouldn't classify him as herald level. He's on a different level.

Anyways, you could add the rest of the Justice League and they'd get beaten up by him right now. Team loses.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:09 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Anyone who can casually one-shot one of the most powerful herald-level characters in comics... Isn't a herald.

That requires peak trans-level power at the very least, imo.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:14 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, but I wouldn't classify him as herald level. He's on a different level.

Anyways, you could add the rest of the Justice League and they'd get beaten up by him right now. Team loses.

The whole context of the Celestial feat makes it even more powerful when you look into it.

The fact that Rogue asorbed the power of every hero on Earth. Then she was amping all the power she received through Hulk's gamma rays. And it was still stated that it wasn't enough. So even if it was a complete 50/50 split between them which I tend to disbelieve. Then he would already have power to match more than every hero on Earth put together.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:15 PM
Mindset

Anyone who can casually one-shot one of the most powerful herald-level characters in comics... Isn't a herald.

That requires peak trans-level power at the very least, imo.
Didn't he just oneshot Thor?

What real herald has he faced?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:18 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I have to say it's actually quite cool to have some Sentry discussion on here.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't he just oneshot Thor?

What real herald has he faced?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The whole context of the Celestial feat makes it even more powerful when you look into it.

The fact that Rogue asorbed the power of every hero on Earth. Then she was amping all the power she received through Hulk's gamma rays. And it was still stated that it wasn't enough. So even if it was a complete 50/50 split between them which I tend to disbelieve. Then he would already have power to match more than every hero on Earth put together.
It wasn't even stated that Rogue was slowing Exitar's decent, iirc. When Sentry started helping, however, Exitar's decent was completely stopped. He definitely did more than Rogue.

...Then he flew Exitar's planet-sized shell/body/vessel(which surely weighs a LOT) into deep space, all by his lonesome. Pretty fuggin impressive, tbh.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 09:30 PM