KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Father of Medicine?

Father of Medicine?
Started by: hh?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

I know

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:13 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
how about you shuving it

now that's good advice yes

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:15 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what in where?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:15 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

ummm do we want that answer messed

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:17 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'm interested in knowing his responce, if you're not, don't read his responce than or post about it

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:19 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

your answer up your lil tight ass

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:21 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*gasps*
he noticed! he noticed my buttexcersises I've been doing! happy

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 01:22 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Topic, folks...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

LOL

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:02 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SAtown_punk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hippocrates is the father of MODERN medicine, as I've stated before. That's why he is so famous. That's why doctors take the Hippocratic oath. He was a great medical practitioner, but he damn sure wasn't the first one to do it.

"Most governments are usually, and all governments are sometimes, inexpedient."
-Henry David Thoreau

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 06:02 AM
SAtown_punk is currently offline Click here to Send SAtown_punk a Private Message Find more posts by SAtown_punk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
moussaka is traditional the maindish, souvlaki is normally at the end of the meal (at least that was the last time I checked, in a restaurant, should go back to greece)

Actually both are main dishes... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Souvlaki being more yummy, of course stick out tongue

As for Hippocrates, yes he was the father of modern medicine. His contribution is great and undeniable. But he wasn't, by any means, the first to discover it. Egyptians, I believe, were the first... messed Not sure actually.

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 12:02 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

i am studying the History of medicine in my GSCE history class and hippocrates was the guy who came up with the theory of the 4 humours which people for hundreds of years later continued to believe in this theory even though it was still being proven wrong by people such as Harvey and Vesalius. Hipppocrates is the father of anything it would be the Theory of the 4 humours big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 01:25 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

laughing out loud that was funny...

Mmm...moussaka.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:05 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I know histroy can be important but does it really matter who fathered which theories? I mean if you went into medicine today and practiced the things they did way back then, you'd be in for a very short career... stick out tongue

If you're interested in medicine good for you, go for it, it really can be very rewarding and an interesting option to consider is emergency pre-hospital care.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:33 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

actually the past does influence the present because doctors must make the Hippocratic oath big grin

Rusky: Whats so funny? I was just saying what i know to make me sound more clever than i actually am......big grin

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:41 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I didn't say the past didnt influence medicine today only that if someone where to practice some of the things today what were practiced back then they'd be in for a rather short career... stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 03:20 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think that Physicians don't have to take the Hypocratic oath no more. It is only done in certain medical schools only. I don't think is a requirement anymore.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 03:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

It is in the UK I dont know about the rest of the world

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 03:42 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

It's a requirement here in Greece as well.
Mussakas = sick

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 05:33 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote