KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Eighth-Grader With Gun Shot by SWAT Team

Eighth-Grader With Gun Shot by SWAT Team
Started by: Jedi Priestess

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DrDoom101
wait im slow on things, why did the SWAT shoot him when he raised the gun to his neck?

Apparently they shot him when he raised the gun at them, alsthough there are conflicting reports it seems.

What has been reported now is that the gun was just a BB gun that had been mocked up to look as real as possible.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 03:57 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Damn, that's an unfortunate chain of events erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 04:02 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

I wonder if the people who thought that, "he got what he deserved" still think that way after this information has been made known?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:15 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Still..seems to me that aload of trigger happy hicks got there wish...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:18 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by KharmaDog
I wonder if the people who thought that, "he got what he deserved" still think that way after this information has been made known?

People always make uneducated assumptions.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:23 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Originally posted by KidRock
He deserved it. The police made the right choice. Their lives were in danger. The kid ended his own life the minute he brought that gun into school..not the cops.

maybe not deserved, but after Columbine, anyone stupid enough to bring a weapon to school knows bad shit'll happen if they get caught out, just like this kid. not the cops fault

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 09:03 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Lana
The kid shouldn't have brought a gun to school...
The kid shouldn't have had access to a gun at all...

Go second amendment! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 10:44 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The kid shouldn't have had access to a gun at all...

Go second amendment! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jeez, chill out.

Why should a few deaths spoil the good gun owners' enjoyment?

See the whole picture, man.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 10:52 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tabby999
maybe not deserved, but after Columbine, anyone stupid enough to bring a weapon to school knows bad shit'll happen if they get caught out, just like this kid. not the cops fault

Precisely.

I wouldn't say "deserve" but he didn't exactly try not to get shot did he?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:10 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

again... why didn't the police try using NON-leathal force??? perhaps tazers would of brought the kid down? or shooting gas grenades?? Or wounding the kid?

He was probably so scared of the police with guns that he didn't think to give up..

By Barker

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:02 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
have to consider the source
That's a larf, coming from you.

Originally posted by tabby999

Any kind of weapon, at least one that fires projectiles. And even if it was mocked up to look as real as possible, that still means they though it was a real gun. It makes no difference.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:09 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's stop making excuses because he was a kid. He wouldn't have used non-lethal means, anything he did would have quite possibly and likely have been lethal. He had a gun and the Police, not wanting to die, acted correctly.

It's unfortunate, but is there a way of INSTANT (literally) incapacitation that doesn't involve killing?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:09 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's unfortunate, but is there a way of INSTANT (literally) incapacitation that doesn't involve killing?

-AC

Yes... tazers, high powered one will drop you easily for 5mins...
and the bean bag shot guns would drop you long enough for the police to act... Concidering he was cornered.. Without a hostage... and the only damage he could do was to himself... Don't you think at least trying to stun him would of been better then shooting him???

Killing anyone should be avoided.. Most people in that situation are desperate.. And with a airgun, whats he gonner do??? he was probably in a state of shock...

By Barker

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:43 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:43 AM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by Syren
Damn, that's an unfortunate chain of events erm

Exactly my point. Glad someone else saw it. And to you that are spouting off "If the kid brought a gun to school he deserved it!" in such a quick and easy way, I wonder if your opinion would be the same if this had been a family member of yours? I think not.

And Snoops I was just returning the favor you've paid me many a time yourself. smile smile

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:51 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

He made his move. He recieved the consequences. Sad, but it's what happened.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 12:58 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's very unfortunate what happened to the kid but what were the cops supposed to do? It's all very well suggesting alternatives after the moment, but IN it I'm pretty sure they didn't want to do a practical test on whether the gun was real or not.

"Don't SHOOT! It might be a fake!"

*Kid shoots and kills a cop*

"Oops, real gun."

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:12 AM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's very unfortunate what happened to the kid but what were the cops supposed to do? It's all very well suggesting alternatives after the moment, but IN it I'm pretty sure they didn't want to do a practical test on whether the gun was real or not.

"Don't SHOOT! It might be a fake!"

*Kid shoots and kills a cop*

"Oops, real gun."

-AC

Erm... I think...

"Nation said Ralph Penley was "angry" because he had spoken to police before his son was shot and told them Christopher did not have a real gun. Christopher's younger brother told school officials the same thing, Nation said. "

Cops were told he didn't have a real gun... Cops have body armor and riot shields... I think they could of aforded to take the chance..
Or should the police open fire when ever they "feel" like there in danger?

By Barker

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:20 AM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss

I believe that's how it works.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:26 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Erm... I think...

"Nation said Ralph Penley was "angry" because he had spoken to police before his son was shot and told them Christopher did not have a real gun. Christopher's younger brother told school officials the same thing, Nation said. "

Cops were told he didn't have a real gun... Cops have body armor and riot shields... I think they could of aforded to take the chance..

Do you wait for people to stab you before you run or do you run if you think you're about to be stabbed? Because if you just FEEL you might be stabbed, why run right?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:28 AM