KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

leo and galan take loki.

http://marvel.com/universe/Loki

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 02:41 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by id369
Concerning Stenry’s status, I would like to appeal to the members, and judges. I began talk of using Sentry, before Dark Avengers 12 release, and his recent revelation that he is a matter manipulator.

Although it does explain why Sentry is capable of reforming himself. I am not interested in applying his matter manipulation.

My question; is Sentry’s draft negotiable if its sans Dark Avengers #12?

You WILL be held to that no expression

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 02:42 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Quasar was/is our back up in case Sentry was banned. I am trying to decided, if Sentry is still worth drafting. While me and Kandy decided over Sentry. Quasar is our draft.

You see I took this recent feat as a really good showing for Sentry, and it does explain a bit about his background. All High Tiers have one ex. Thor has that absorbing energy enough to destroy a Galaxy. Surfer’s billion year planetary evolution in seconds. Majestic creating a Sun. Kyle and his split personalities taking individual form, with their own set of powers on top of their own GL rings. Etc..

So I figured the participating members would understand the fact, High Tier characters are prone to extremely high feats.

I have a question, if Energy Superman and All Star Superman are allowed to be drafted. Can Ion 2 Kyle be drafted?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 02:50 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Confirmed Teams and Drafted Characters

Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash), All Star Superman

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman

Team Twig & Berries (Ha Son and Validus) - Superman

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell, Quasar

Team Philosophia and PR - Hal Jordan (GL)

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Blue Superman, Loki

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 02:55 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I have another question, can we still make use incoming feats as long as it does not conflict with the Molecule Man’s feat?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:14 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I have another question, can we still make use incoming feats as long as it does not conflict with the Molecule Man’s feat?

no expression

I'm afraid that will just lead to more problems and controversy. Nobody knows what is going to happen to him after his apparent power up nor how to classify the nature of his powers which allows him to accomplish any/all future feats. In addition, opponents would have no idea of what to expect next and couldn't build their team to deal with that now.

Pre Dark Avengers #12 Sentry is fine, anything other than that just opens up a massive can of worms. erm

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:22 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:25 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

kandy's busting your cock about drafting sentry eh?

that bastard

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:26 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Isn't that from Marvels by Alex Ross. If I'm not mistaken, that isn't canon. And even if it was, I fail to see the relevance of a photographer's opinion the superhero hierarchy.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:35 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I have a question, if Energy Superman and All Star Superman are allowed to be drafted. Can Ion 2 Kyle be drafted?

Nah.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:42 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by TheKahn
Isn't that from Marvels by Alex Ross. If I'm not mistaken, that isn't canon. And even if it was, I fail to see the relevance of a photographer's opinion the superhero hierarchy.
it's the "pa kent" power all humans of a certain age develop, his opinion is as good as a watcher's

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:43 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by psycho gundam
kandy's busting your cock about drafting sentry eh?

that bastard

Surprisingly no its me. Because of this reply, I place a lot of faith over Kandy in regards to Sentry.

Anyhow it would have bun fun to have Sentry and X-Man to back up Genis-Vell.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:47 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by batdude123
He's already tipping the scales of herald level without the rings.

Giving the rings to him puts him above the caps, imo.

Not trying to rock the boat or anything, but what exact feats with either the Oan/Qwardian rings does Henshaw have putting him over High Herald? So far, he's only used them for simple constructs to augment physical might (ala the fight with Superman) and for energy attacks. I don't honestly see what he has done on panel to make him > High Herald. His durability, while high, doesn't make him invincible. Superman has punched his jaw off before. And him possessing multiple rings doesn't explictly make him so much more powerful than normal. Unless I'm missing something, his feats and showings with the rings is nothing that a powerful energy manipulator/GL couldn't replicate.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:48 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not trying to rock the boat or anything, but what exact feats with either the Oan/Qwardian rings does Henshaw have putting him over High Herald? So far, he's only used them for simple constructs to augment physical might (ala the fight with Superman) and for energy attacks. I don't honestly see what he has done on panel to make him > High Herald. His durability, while high, doesn't make him invincible. Superman has punched his jaw off before. And him possessing multiple rings doesn't explictly make him so much more powerful than normal. Unless I'm missing something, his feats and showings with the rings is nothing that a powerful energy manipulator/GL couldn't replicate.

Comments anyone?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

henshaw's showings with the rings don't really matter, though, when it's Jake himself that would be controlling the character and doing things with the rings that we'd know they're capable of, but that henshaw himself might not have done.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Ditto. Same here only replace Henshaw w/rings, with Ion 2 Kyle.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:52 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
henshaw's showings with the rings don't really matter, though, when it's Jake himself that would be controlling the character and doing things with the rings that we'd know they're capable of, but that henshaw himself might not have done.

So would Henshaw w/Rings put him over a veteran Green Lantern when it hasn't been implied before?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:53 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So would Henshaw w/Rings put him over a veteran Green Lantern when it hasn't been implied before?

depends on who's writing him. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I wouldn't have a prob with Ion 2 Kyle, tbh

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:54 AM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Henshaw without the rings might be considered above veteran GLs depending on who you talk to.

He doesn't need outside powerups.

You've got Henshaw without rings for this tourney. Take it or leave it. erm

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 03:56 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote