KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku, Quinlan Vos & Asajj Ventress vs. Darth Nox, Wrath II & Satele Shan

Count Dooku, Quinlan Vos & Asajj Ventress vs. Darth Nox, Wrath II & Satele Shan
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
She demonstrated blowing a metal door open. Impressive but not on Dooku's level, though as I said she's not too far off.

Nox from what has been posted in this thread doesn't seem all that powerful.

She also holds a mini-atmosphere around herself with TK, though I'd agree she's not Dooku level.

As far as Nox goes, I'd advise you watch the end of the Nox vs Thanaton fight which I can't like because I'm on a phone. You could find it by searching "Sith Inquisitor Ending" on YouTube though. That or someone will read this and link you to the viddie.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:32 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Emperordmb
She also holds a mini-atmosphere around herself with TK, though I'd agree she's not Dooku level.

As far as Nox goes, I'd advise you watch the end of the Nox vs Thanaton fight which I can't like because I'm on a phone. You could find it by searching "Sith Inquisitor Ending" on YouTube though. That or someone will read this and link you to the viddie.

Alright I'll do that thanks.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:38 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Vixas
Well, from the Hope trailer, before her prime, she pastes Malgus to a boulder and smashes the boulder... mountain... large rock behind him to pieces. If I am not mistaken she also crushed Hex droids to pieces. There was something special about them if I am not mistaken... anyways, I am in complete agreement she does not WIN any of these comparisons. Just that she SURVIVES longer than Ventress.

Oh! ALso, Happy Thanksgiving to those it applies to! For those it does not, I hope your day was equally wonderful!

All impressive though as you said not on Dooku's level. Also large rock. wink

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:39 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

@DMB: Yeah, Nox completely destroyed (to the point where he was ****ing backhanding his lightning and forced him to kneel) an extremely powerful Sith Lord.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Which is why asking you a question about Bane's feats is almost as bad as asking Ant a question about Revan's.

Also, on Ton's part, that's a lot of speculation. For one thing, he's assuming that Nox chose the path of a Sith Assassin, which is almost certainly wrong at this point. But those kinds of issues tend to happen when you're discussing a player-controlled game character with no other source material to draw off on.

When viewing TOR protags, especially Nox/'thor, I take into account all feats from both andanced class'. Nox was an incredible Force wielder, as well as a skilled combatant with a saberstaff. Keep in mind that even though she isn't cannon anymore if you want to look at it as canonically as possible you take into account both advanced class'.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

Also the Thanaton v. Nox ending: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XND2wemqChE

Got your back And 'n Sind wink

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:37 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Team 2, if only because Ventress is likely going to die from the sheer exchange of Force Powers.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:06 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Tondemonai
Also the Thanaton v. Nox ending: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XND2wemqChE

Got your back And 'n Sind wink

Impressive. Is there any way we can quantify the power of Thanaton's lightning? Also when Nox absorbed that lightning did she get an amp allowing her to summon those spirits. Also what did those spirits do?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 07:19 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 07:24 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku solos

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Impressive. Is there any way we can quantify the power of Thanaton's lightning? Also when Nox absorbed that lightning did she get an amp allowing her to summon those spirits. Also what did those spirits do?

About 40 years before the game, Thanaton is capable of destroying large metal objects with his lightning and kill huge monsters. He improves immensely since then. In particular he receives a vision of his future self who demonstrates the difference between them by one-shotting himself at that time easily. Thanaton is stated to be "supremely powerful" and even when Nox uses the power of 2 ghosts against him, Thanaton is still able to one-shot her with a technique. Which is likely considerably less powerful than the charged up lightning storm he uses in the final fight.

The ghosts are bound to Nox. She can summon their combined power to wield as she wishes. Note that Nox is by herself a very powerful force user capable of shattering large rocks with lightning and dispatching small armies even as a noob.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Nephthys
About 40 years before the game, Thanaton is capable of destroying large metal objects with his lightning and kill huge monsters. He improves immensely since then. In particular he receives a vision of his future self who demonstrates the difference between them by one-shotting himself at that time easily. Thanaton is stated to be "supremely powerful" and even when Nox uses the power of 2 ghosts against him, Thanaton is still able to one-shot her with a technique. Which is likely considerably less powerful than the charged up lightning storm he uses in the final fight.

The ghosts are bound to Nox. She can summon their combined power to wield as she wishes. Note that Nox is by herself a very powerful force user capable of shattering large rocks with lightning and dispatching small armies even as a noob.

So she can easily deflect lightning capable of distorting metal and killing large creatures. Her force defenses are solid. What are Than's force defenses like?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:21 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

She deflected Thanatons lightning with one hand and used barrier to stop blaster bolts iirc

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:33 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by carthage
She deflected Thanatons lightning with one hand and used barrier to stop blaster bolts iirc

Gotcha. What are Than's force defenses like?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:36 PM
Tondemonai

Teneb Kel (Thanaton before... Well Thanaton) killed a giant Tarentatek with ease by stabbing his lightsaber into it and channeling Force Lightning into it. The lightsaber wound seemed to be more of a slight inconvenience than anything else to the Tarentatek, where the lightning was seemingly what killed it. This was roughly 40 years before his death. I wouldn't imagine she would get an amp from that, though if she did it wouldn't make any difference. The ghosts are the spirits of powerful ancient Sith that she bound to herself using the Forcewalking technique, which allows the user to absorb the power of the spirit and call upon it at will; as you saw in that fight when they appeared and then exploded into energy. She did that to tap into their power and draw on them to a stronger degree than previously. This fight was also before her prime of sorts. We have seen her grow in strength, bacoming more knowledgable in Sith Sorcery and such.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:44 PM
Syndicate

Originally posted by Tondemonai
Teneb Kel (Thanaton before... Well Thanaton) killed a giant Tarentatek with ease by stabbing his lightsaber into it and channeling Force Lightning into it. The lightsaber wound seemed to be more of a slight inconvenience than anything else to the Tarentatek, where the lightning was seemingly what killed it. This was roughly 40 years before his death. I wouldn't imagine she would get an amp from that, though if she did it wouldn't make any difference. The ghosts are the spirits of powerful ancient Sith that she bound to herself using the Forcewalking technique, which allows the user to absorb the power of the spirit and call upon it at will; as you saw in that fight when they appeared and then exploded into energy. She did that to tap into their power and draw on them to a stronger degree than previously. This fight was also before her prime of sorts. We have seen her grow in strength, bacoming more knowledgable in Sith Sorcery and such.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:53 PM
Tondemonai

When Nox first confronted him after absorbing the fourth Sith Spirit he put a shield around himself that was seemingly impenetrable.
Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RPFM7kx7APQ

Also fun fact Thanaton manipulated Force Lightning to levitate himself and fly.
Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3czLiqjYWU jump to 6:30

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 11:06 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up He was capable of making himself "temporarily invulnerable to all attacks", albeit through meditation.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Honestly Thanaton doesn't have many defense feats beyond not dying when Nox goes berserk and having a force bubble.

But I can't think of, say, Ventress successfully blocking a force attack either so meh. Some lack feats in some area but Thanaton is supremely powerful regardless.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

I'll take him being a Dark Council member as having moderately powerful force defenses which Nox broke through.

Alright then now all I need to know about is Wrath to make a decision.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 11:16 PM