KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake

US Supreme Pizza Part II: Bake a Cake
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
It was a limited ruling that said the Colorado court was biased against the baker, nothing more.

So this could have been about a lawn-mowing case and the outcome would be the same, if I understand you correctly? Meaning, this was not a ruling on free-speech rights and how they apply, it was a ruling on impropriety in a court case?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 12:47 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Members of Abolish Human Abortion had been handing out rather vivid posters outside the shop that seem to link gay acceptance to the prevalence of abortion. They then came inside Bedlam Coffee and received service—until shop owner Ben Borgman angrily threw them out, declaring their views and their posters offensive. -snip

Yeah, clearly the same thing and comparable, squirt <--- This is sarcasm btw

Nice. But, as a business owner, I would care more about them driving customers away or being rowdy in my establishment. If they paid and played nicely, I wouldn't kick anyone out.

I hope this owner doesn't get into trouble over this. He should get to kick people out of his business if he doesn't like them.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 12:50 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

--

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jun 5th, 2018 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 01:34 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Surtur
[B]Speaking of double standards...read about this:

Christian Cake Bakers and Gay Coffee Shop Owners: Why Freedom of Association Is for Everybody

[b]"It's very easy to watch Borgman's rant and decide that, no, his shop shouldn't have to play host to a group of people who were just outside handing out fliers that he found offensive and that he felt attacked him personally.

It's also easy to watch it and immediately think about the upcoming Supreme Court case about whether the government can force a baker to prepare wedding cakes for gay couples. And some, like the legal scholar Jonathan Turley, are doing exactly that. If a coffee shop owner doesn't want to serve a group whose positions he finds disagreeable and offensive, is that subtantially different from a baker refusing to do work for a same-sex marriage he finds offensive?

I don't see a difference.

quote:
Members of Abolish Human Abortion had been handing out rather vivid posters outside the shop that seem to link gay acceptance to the prevalence of abortion. They then came inside Bedlam Coffee and received service—until shop owner Ben Borgman angrily threw them out, declaring their views and their posters offensive. -snip

Yeah, clearly the same thing and comparable, squirt <--- This is sarcasm btw

I'm too lazy to think critically right now, could you elaborate?

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Jun 5th, 2018 at 01:40 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 01:37 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yes, got that. I'd rather not live in a society where "No Blacks or Jews" is a thing again. Seems so ugly. Seems so Islamic Theocracy.

TBF, I doubt that's as politcally feasible as it was back in jim crow days

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 01:42 AM
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by [King Joker]
The actual issue that was being debated on this thread wasn’t resolved by the Supreme Court, so I’m not sure why some of you are orgasming.

Because they're massive phaggots.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:11 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

No. The ruling doesn't mean another business could do this and necessarily get away with it. It was more about the hostility towards the mans religion that was shown. At least that is how it comes off.

In other words: the left actually faced consequences for their anti christian bigotry. I love that lol.
imagine being surturd and whining about anti religious bigotry lmao

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:34 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Or when said religous types go around raping kids and the Lefty Country arrests people just for pointing it out....oh wait what are we talking bout again?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 06:40 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
imagine being surturd and whining about anti religious bigotry lmao

I don't care if people are bigoted against religion. I do like seeing the side that so often gets away with bashing Christians...not get away with it.

People can scream "herp derp persecution!". I wouldn't use that word. It's just more okay to talk shit about Christians in this country than it is other religions.

It's why someone like Joy Behar would run her mouth against Christians, but would never say a damn thing about Islam.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Jesus didn't promote promiscuous sexual behavior either, he was against it, but he argued against stoning a woman for committing adultery.

Just because you disagree with the morality of an action isn't enough justification for the state getting involved in inflicting force to enforce that morality.

Were I the baker, I would've just made them the ****ing cake and I don't have a problem with gays, but I take issue with the government being used to compel what a person does with their own labor and artistic expression.

And notice they don't see to have as much issue with the gay cafe owner kicking out christians for their religious views?

They need to be consistent. These anti abortion folk can hand out whatever flyers they want outside. If they came into the restaurant and tried I could understand it, but they didn't. They were kicked out for a strong anti abortion stance that comes 100% from religious beliefs.

This is why either religion should not be a protected class or other beliefs(like political beliefs) should also be one.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I don't see a difference.

I'm too lazy to think critically right now, could you elaborate?

The coffee shop guy didn't refuse them service due to their religion, he kicked them out because they were being offensive.

eg If the baker had refused service because the gay-couple had been passing out leaflets in and around his store that purposed that Christianity and pedophilia were connected and they got booted on that, no one would have had an issue.

tl; dr: Surt's doing another faulty comparison.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The coffee shop guy didn't refuse them service due to their religion, he kicked them out because they were being offensive.

eg If the baker had refused service because the gay-couple had been passing out leaflets in and around his store that purposed that Christianity and pedophilia were connected and they got booted on that, no one would have had an issue.

tl; dr: Surt's doing another faulty comparison.

Lol that's just bullshit. They weren't behaving offensively in the restaurant. Perhaps outside of it, but not inside. You are lying.

And listen to his damn rant and listen to the reason he says he wants them out.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Nice. But, as a business owner, I would care more about them driving customers away or being rowdy in my establishment. If they paid and played nicely, I wouldn't kick anyone out.

I hope this owner doesn't get into trouble over this. He should get to kick people out of his business if he doesn't like them.

I agree he should. But then people agreeing need to cease their damn whining over what the Christian baker did.

Either it's all okay or none of it is.

And I'm pretty sure the gay cafe thing is in the SAME state as the flower thing lol.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Lol that's just bullshit. They weren't behaving offensively in the restaurant. Perhaps outside of it, but not inside. You are lying.

And listen to his damn rant and listen to the reason he says he wants them out.

Copy & Paste from your own story: "shop owner Ben Borgman angrily threw them out, declaring their views and their posters offensive."

Their view being that abortion is bad and abortion is prevalent because we accept homosexuality. Pretty offensive garbage. Maybe be honest for once?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Copy & Paste from your own story: "shop owner Ben Borgman angrily threw them out, declaring their views and their posters offensive."

Their view being that abortion is bad and abortion is prevalent because we accept homosexuality. Pretty offensive garbage. Maybe be honest for once?

They were offended over religious views lol. Just stop.

And who the hell decides what is and isn't offensive? It means different things to different people. So if the baker was offended by gays kissing and they had kissed outside his shop...he could boot them out? Cuz offensive? Go on, give excuses. That offense is different, less righteous.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:53 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And who the hell decides what is and isn't offensive? It means different things to different people. So if the baker was offended by gays kissing and they had kissed outside his shop...he could boot them out? Cuz offensive? Go on, give excuses. That offense is different, less righteous.

This tbh. I wouldn't want some gay baker to be forced to bake a cake for some Westboro Baptist Church party, or a black baker to bake a cake for some alt-right event. It's important that people have control over their own labor, expressive faculties, and association.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 02:59 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They were offended over religious views lol. Just stop.

The story is trying to push that the coffee shop owner had a "no service to Christians" policy and/or viewpoint; that is not the case, they were kicked out due to the specific offensive actions; not their religion.

If the baker had a 'no kissing' policy across the board and for everyone, you'd have a point.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The story is trying to push that the coffee shop owner had a "no service to Christians" policy and/or viewpoint; that is not the case, they were kicked out due to the specific offensive actions; not their religion.

If the baker had a 'no kissing' policy across the board and for everyone, you'd have a point.

And the baker didn't have a "no service to gays" policy. Moving on.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

And the baker didn't have a "no service to gays" policy. Moving on.

No, he jut won't bake the same cake for a gay couple that he would bake for a straight couple, clearly it's not about the gays. <--- this is sarcasm again, squirt

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, he jut won't bake the same cake for a gay couple that he would bake for a straight couple, clearly it's not about the gays. <--- this is sarcasm again, squirt

He would bake a cake for a straight couple requesting a cake for a gay wedding?

Source?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:11 PM