KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 375 376 [377] 378 379 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
People like to inject adult things into innocuous child things in the name of social progress. Many times, it's just agenda pushing and inappropriate.

Sure, they aren't gay. But they aren't necessarily straight, either. They are puppets intended to entertain children while educating them. Adding sexuality to them tells more about the perverted minds of the adults.

Well Kermit was on Sesame Street before and we know he is straight.

Speaking of Kermit, where is his MeToo moment? I could have sworn there have been scenes where Miss Piggy kinda pursues him and he's very reluctant about it, poor guy. Though I don't think MP herself ever appeared on Sesame Street.

But it's also insane cuz Frank Oz is one of the people who created them and the only one left alive and some people are shitting on him cuz the puppets aren't gay.

I truly thought this "They are totally gay!" was a joke people made and not something sane adults thought. I really do need to stop giving leftists any benefit of the doubt.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the "Boomer generation" hate makes me mad.

Aside from the fact Boomers are as vast as the sea, and so you're broad brushing an enormous amount of individuals, it's also the ultimate cop out. They're the first generation since the "greatest generation", so it's easy to blame them for ruining everything.

What has YOUR generation been doing? I mean, I've listened to people gripe about "Those damned boomers" who couldn't even stay married for a year, because their wives got tired of them sleeping in separate beds, with her up there alone while he played video games all night. Soon as it turns sour, pull the plug. **** compromise, right?

That kind of attitude carries over to other things. And the fact is, the only generation really willing to "settle" or "compromise" is that greatest gen who built things up. Every generation after that is full of self entitled, narcissistic assholes.

And yes, I realize now "I'M" the one painting with a broad brush, and I also know plenty of good people who function like human beings, instead of dogs at the kitchen table waiting for the first opportunity to snatch food away, but I'm just sick of the "Boomers can't die out soon enough." narrative.

Yes, I'm sure things will be just fine after the Boomers go away. YOU certainly won't be as flawed and selfish as them.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 02:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO people do tend to get married too early these days. It's always weird to me when people get engaged after 6-12 months together.

It's also weird to me to know couples that didn't really live together for long before getting married. But meh.

F*ck boomers though they can't die soon enough big grin

Old Post Sep 19th, 2018 03:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Union leader campaigning for Democrat: ‘Vote early, vote often, whatever you can get away with’

Lol I can only interpret this as encouraging people to try to vote multiple times in the same election. "Whatever you can get away with" says it all. Lol oh leftists...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 02:11 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 01:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 01:12 PM
snowdragon

You would have done yourself a disservice here Surtur if you just linked to the Yale study and not the Blaze.

Yale Immigration Study

The conclusion was that they found a mean of 22.1 million illegal immigrants to be more accurate using their methods not the stated 11.2 million.

Last edited by snowdragon on Sep 22nd, 2018 at 02:19 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 02:11 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
You would have done yourself a disservice here Surtur if you just linked to the Yale study and not the Blaze.

Yale Immigration Study

The conclusion was that they found a mean of 22.1 million illegal immigrants to be more accurate using their methods not the stated 11.2 million.

Indeed, they found out they were wrong when they thought the numbers weren't that high.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 02:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Liberal Students Admit: Trump Helping Economy

Wow there might be hope for the future after all...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 02:35 PM
dadudemon

I would love their original datapoints because I think a PERT estimate or a median estimate would be more accurate than the mean.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 05:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Holy crap, the original image is huge. I had no idea.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 05:03 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
IMO people do tend to get married too early these days. It's always weird to me when people get engaged after 6-12 months together.

It's also weird to me to know couples that didn't really live together for long before getting married. But meh.

F*ck boomers though they can't die soon enough big grin

laughing out loud

This is true. Many marriages into their 60th anniversary first got together in their teens. My own folks were 14, when they were seeing movies together.

But age doesn't really matter, imo. It's about commitment. Nobody wants to commit to anything that's hard.

People are willing to sacrifice everything, if it makes them a buck. If it's for something intangible, like loyalty, family, or community, nobody cares anymore.

I mean, this one group of dentists just retired. If someone couldn't afford to pay, like an underpaid nun with no insurance, they'd service them pro bono.

The next group of younger upstarts take over the business, and act shocked at this. "They should be charged the same as everyone else!"

Now, on one hand, this is their business, and they can change whatever rules they want. On the other hand, doing a service for free isn't really something younger generations of business owners will consider. For them, it's all about the money, and nothing but.

My grandfather was the same way. He had a small business, and occasionally a customer who'd fallen on hard times would buy very little. He'd notice, and offer to help them out. Told them to take whatever they wanted, and pay him back when they can. No interest.

Sometimes, he got burned. It happens. I greatly admire him for doing it.

For all the complaining about "Boomers", if you look hard at who's speaking, they usually don't have much room to point fingers themselves. Glass houses, indeed.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 06:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

On the Data & Society YouTuber Hit Piece | Understand Its Purpose

Interesting. IMO I think some in the media are beginning to fear some of these youtubers are getting more and more influential.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2018 10:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

James Woods BANNED, Conservatives NEED to DO SOMETHING

Lol this is ridiculous. Twitter can do what they want, but they need to be up front with the fact they are bias as hell.

And they are so obviously a publisher now and not a platform and need to lose any legal protections they enjoyed as a platform.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 11:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 02:02 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 12:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 04:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

LMFAO!

Yale Law School cancels classes so students can protest ‘very real threat’ of Kavanaugh

^Same place the snowflakes got triggered over Halloween costumes lol. You just can't make this up.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 11:36 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
James Woods BANNED, Conservatives NEED to DO SOMETHING

Lol this is ridiculous. Twitter can do what they want, but they need to be up front with the fact they are bias as hell.

And they are so obviously a publisher now and not a platform and need to lose any legal protections they enjoyed as a platform.

^ LoLz, now that Conservatives are being denied service it's a problem and something needs to be done. Never change, Cult of Trump. Never. Change.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 11:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote