KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Corporal Punishment in schools!

Corporal Punishment in schools!
Started by: Xena

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Xena
with all the violance in schools these days. And with kids carrying guns to school it maybe a good idea to impose CP! if the kids dont have respect for teachers I highly doubt they might have it for other adults. So for me cp is just fine!

The reason kids bring guns to school is NOT because they don't respect their teachers or they are mad at them. It has nothing to do with the teachers at all. In most cases, kids that bring weapons to school and try to, or succeed in shooting people, do it because they have been either a) abused at home or b) bullied at school. Clearly, you don't know how kid's minds work, or how the public school system works.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 06:36 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Is not a good thing for a child to be hit. But there are countless cases in which young adults assult teachers in school. Alot of times teachers are force to defend themselves. do you really think that a teacher should just take the abuse? that is unjust and any agressive child should be discipline. Or even better have the kid charged with assault and taken to a police dept. So in the end what do you prefer? a teacher discipline a child or a Police officer putting the child in handcuffs and throwing the child in jail? discipline is best left to the educators and not the law enforcement. Corporal punishment can help a child learn to respect adults. These days children dont give much respect to anyone anymore.

Noooo... If a kid brings a gun to school and starts shooting people, he should be taken to jail. Problem solved. If he were to be spanked by a teacher, that would only make him MORE angry and want to hurt the teacher more than he already did. But like I said, kids usually don't attack teachers--they attack other kids.

And there is a BIG difference between making a joke about a teacher (which is what corporal punishment was used for when it was legal, if you somehow didn't know) and attacking one. If he makes fun of one, it's against the rules. If he attacks one, it's a crime. Kids who commit true CRIMES should be treated as adults.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 06:45 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LarryTheArch
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
The reason kids bring guns to school is NOT because they don't respect their teachers or they are mad at them. It has nothing to do with the teachers at all. In most cases, kids that bring weapons to school and try to, or succeed in shooting people, do it because they have been either a) abused at home or b) bullied at school. Clearly, you don't know how kid's minds work, or how the public school system works.

to add to this, teachers dont deserve respect right off the bat. Some people are pieces of crap that dont deserve respect. Everyone has to earn respect now, it just isnt freely given out.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 06:48 PM
LarryTheArch is currently offline Click here to Send LarryTheArch a Private Message Find more posts by LarryTheArch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Yes indeed. That's not to say they should physically attack a teacher... But I can hardly blame people my age for making jokes about bad teachers. And I confess that I've done it myself.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 06:50 PM
LarryTheArch
Restricted

Account Restricted

i do it to good teachers, but they know im playing around! yes

Old Post Apr 25th, 2004 07:18 PM
LarryTheArch is currently offline Click here to Send LarryTheArch a Private Message Find more posts by LarryTheArch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xena
Warrior Princess

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
I think the kids of today need a good asskicking on occasion. I overhear them when I'm out and I weep for the future. They all seem to think that they're invincible and brilliant even though they fail to conjure even the most simplistic sentance.

Very well put BackFire! certain punishments require phisical actions and thats what corporal punishment is about. Setting a disciplinary for youngsters is very important. if they dont respect their teachers or even their parents that means they will never respect the law! Which can be very bad for society.

Made by Cinemaddiction smile

Old Post May 1st, 2004 11:54 PM
Xena is currently offline Click here to Send Xena a Private Message Find more posts by Xena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: Corporal Punishment in schools!

quote:
Ive notice some very good topics in this forum. so I think is time for me to make one. this topic is regarding disciple in schools! Do you approve the idea that teachers should use methods like spanking or canning to discipline disobiedent students? I think so!
Children that behave rudely and disrespectful in schools should get a good spanking from the teacher so that the child can behave! I have a very close friend of mine that is a teacher and she tells me that some children are very offensive! She cannot take action towards them. So she sends them to the pricipals office!
I think that she should be given the right to discipline those little punks for acting like jackasses! I dont like violence but sometimes is necessary to discipline those that dont want to learn!

What are your thoughts on Corporal Punishment? do you agree with my views?

Well....How you put it sounds like a bunch of BULLSH!T... because I know kids that are extremely smart.. act like jackasses...

Oh yeah and there are people that just mess up once or twice so do they deserve a beating for that? I could see ya if there a jackass everyday they do stuff really bad all the time. Then sure. But nothing worst then a spanking.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 12:06 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

Re: Corporal Punishment in schools!

quote:
Ive notice some very good topics in this forum. so I think is time for me to make one. this topic is regarding disciple in schools! Do you approve the idea that teachers should use methods like spanking or canning to discipline disobiedent students? I think so!
Children that behave rudely and disrespectful in schools should get a good spanking from the teacher so that the child can behave! I have a very close friend of mine that is a teacher and she tells me that some children are very offensive! She cannot take action towards them. So she sends them to the pricipals office!
I think that she should be given the right to discipline those little punks for acting like jackasses! I dont like violence but sometimes is necessary to discipline those that dont want to learn!

What are your thoughts on Corporal Punishment? do you agree with my views?

HELL NO THEY SHOULDN'T! no miffed

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 12:33 AM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I'd like to point out that kids hate school to begin with. CP ain't gonna help.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 12:38 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

That is true.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 12:44 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xena
Warrior Princess

quote:
Originally posted by §pearhead
I'd like to point out that kids hate school to begin with. CP ain't gonna help.

well that is very dumb! school is for their future! They hate it? thats a pity. Guess they will be flippin burgers at mc donalds.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 12:52 AM
Xena is currently offline Click here to Send Xena a Private Message Find more posts by Xena Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Even the people that are genuisis at my school hate school.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 12:54 AM
LarryTheArch
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
well that is very dumb! school is for their future! They hate it? thats a pity. Guess they will be flippin burgers at mc donalds.

Your a dumbass aint you? Kids naturally hate doing stuff they dont want too, and most are too young when they start to realize that IT IS THEIR FUTURE. I am just now realizing that high School and how well I do in it will influencve my life, and Im an 8th grader. You sound like you nevva had a childhood...

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 01:04 AM
Xena
Warrior Princess

i dont appreciate name calling LarrytheArch! As for your comment YES! i did had a childhood everyone does! I was mostly addressing school drop outs! The ones that dont care about their future or school!

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 02:13 AM
Darth Revan
-

If they don't care about their future, that's their own damn problem. They don't deserve to be beaten for it. And there are kids who realize the mistakes they made and decide to go back to school, WITHOUT being caned or paddled or anything...

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 02:16 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:

yes. it is a pity. But will CP help them, one way or another? If you can prove that CP does help someone in that sense, you'd make a good lawyer.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 02:20 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:

construction workers get paid well, and they don't need a degree happy
to each their own I say.

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 04:39 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
i dont appreciate name calling LarrytheArch!

so? you called everyone that hates/hated school dumb, that includes me, so before you go off on "name calling" read your own posts again

Old Post May 2nd, 2004 09:55 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

i am american but i am living in china for a year, here in the poorest school they do hit the children and i think that sux...i mean who r they to hit other people's children though i think that some children need severe punishments, but like writing lines, or send him a lot of extra homework but only stuf like that i totally hate when the teachers hit the childre. once when i just got here i was goin' 2 teach english in one school n i saw a teacher hitting a child and i stopped the teacher and she was so ****in' mad at me but hell i didn't care then i got fired 'cause they said that i shouldn't have done that n i didn't care.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:08 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssoccergrl

i believe that corporal punishment should only be used if the kid(s) get totaly out of hand

Old Post Nov 4th, 2004 04:59 PM
ssoccergrl is currently offline Click here to Send ssoccergrl a Private Message Find more posts by ssoccergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote