KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity

Sam Harris Slaughters Christianity
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This guys makes really good vidoes. Here is another great slaughtering of Christianity...

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 12:12 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 03:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I always find it funny that the These guys who go around "Destroying Christianity" are the ones that should be the most thankful for Christianity...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:01 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thankful for the centuries of ignorance and obstacles to scientific progress that it has caused?

Shut up, Fly.

Yes, at least it's somewhat reformed now and it's not Islam. I'll grant. So for that we should be thankful, and I guarantee that's not lost on Sam Harris or any other thoughtful atheists. But Christianity is still not truly conducive to human flourishing.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Sep 2nd, 2017 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:31 PM
Flyattractor

IF it wasn't for Christianity Little Sammy boy wouldn't have his "celebrity status' and thus no career.

So yes. Sam should be saying...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:45 PM
Flyattractor

angel

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2017 08:52 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
IF it wasn't for Christianity Little Sammy boy wouldn't have his "celebrity status' and thus no career.

Believe it or not he has written and spoken about a myriad of other topics that don't involve Hey-Zeus. So no, he doesn't exactly owe his "celebrity status" to Christianity.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:08 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Believe it or not he has written and spoken about a myriad of other topics that don't involve Hey-Zeus. So no, he doesn't exactly owe his "celebrity status" to Christianity.

Yes, but those don't get him any attention.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2017 09:23 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Yes, they do. He's extremely well spoken and articulate and would make a big intellectual impact with or without Hey-Zeus.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 09:03 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Right, he'd still have Mohammed. thumb up

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 10:08 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Yeah, but Fly only cares about Hey-Zeus because He's the One True Messiah, duh..

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 10:31 AM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Either way he best start praying. sad

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 10:36 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

^ Yes, they do. He's extremely well spoken and articulate and would make a big intellectual impact with or without Hey-Zeus.

Hey! They said the same thing about Prez Obama...Maybe Sam should run for Prez...of something.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Right, he'd still have Mohammed. thumb up

But Bad Mouthing Mo can get you killed.

^ Yeah, but Fly only cares about Hey-Zeus because He's the One True Messiah, duh..

That is why I also care about You Patty! Still on the fence about Beni tho....

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Either way he best start praying. sad

See! Beni just issued a threat there! Just like a Souless Atheist would!

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 07:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Muhammad was peaceful and had great respect for women. Thanks for the lesson crazy lady thumb up

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Wrong thread

Just gonna link this: https://youtu.be/4CqLtbw0rlM

Last edited by Ursumeles on Oct 30th, 2017 at 06:18 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:13 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wrong thread

Just gonna link this: https://youtu.be/4CqLtbw0rlM

thumb up

^ Ben Stiller? lol Someone was apparently confused when they made the meme.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 06:41 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I love this guy. I just ordered a couple of his books. Some highlights from this video:

~ If you're born in the wrong part of the world, then sorry, you just missed the correct revelation to get to heaven.

~ Christianity is a cult of human sacrifice and when put in different contexts makes it look like the beliefs of a lunatic.

~ Serial killers can go to heaven after a life of evil brutality just by saying a few words on death row.

~ God is praised with some activities, but does he get the blame for atrocities? No, it's said that he's "mysterious."

~ When Elves die in The Lord of the Rings they can be reborn in Middle Earth. lol

~ The God of the Bible is morally corrupt, but because it's declared that "He's God," it doesn't matter what he does or says, it's automatically good because he's God.

Originally posted by socool8520
These are a lot of the same issues I bring up with Religion. I don't know how an omnipotent, all loving God could allow the suffering seen on a daily basis. Although, if we take the Bible literally, when God does get fed up with our sin, he just kills nearly everyone and everything on the planet.

Originally posted by Surtur
When talking about religions like Christianity or Islam you need to be specific, this is a figurative slaughtering of Christians. The guy didn't..rain meteors down on a city, only a crazed super villain would do that.

One time I was watching the Justice League cartoon and the villains were evil Atlanteans and they wanted to kill people by flooding the entire world. What kind of crazy a-hole would ever think of something that horrific?

I was once faced with the same questions. And these are the responds I got.

1. Are you excluded from heaven if you are born in a part of the world where Christianity isn't being taught? Take the Mayas for instance. They were on the other side of the continent when Jesus came to Earth.

Romans 2: 12 - 16: All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

The answer is yes and no. God will take your case as a special one. And you shall be judged rightfully.

Now putting it under our limited brains perception. I'll give you guys an example:

If a person is isolated from the world's morality. And when unleash he goes outside and kills your family in a brutal way. Are his actions good and not evil? The answer is No.

He might have never heard that killing is bad, but his actions are no less from being bad.

HOWEVER is he bad? No. He had no knowledge on good or evil. So although his actions are evil his person isn't sinful.

2. WHAAT!????

3. Yes and No. There is a big difference between saying am sorry, and meaning it.

If a serial killer before his death were to say, "Am sorry". Most likely he will be sent to hell.

If Hitler, before dying were to think of his life. And cry, and mourn, and ask the greatest for forgiveness from the deepest of his heart. You can expect to see Hitler in Heaven if you make it.

4. When did God committed an Atrocity?

5. If he is God (Which i believe he is). Why would he ever be wrong?

He created everything. He made everything. He can do as he wishes. It might be wrong to your eyes, but why should God even care of your opinion?

I mean, who are you to instruct God into what is good and bad?

He created you. You owe him your life. What right do you have to question his authority?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 09:53 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote:
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
He created you. You owe him your life. What right do you have to question his authority?

I mean, he didn't created us, but that's another topic.

But let me give you an example:
My parents created me. I owe them my life. Would it be okay if they'd tortured, raped and killed me? Hell no. Based on your logic though, I'd had no right to question their authority.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:07 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote:
4. When did God committed an Atrocity?

He murdered everyone in the world besides one family. That's genocide. He threatens to do it again.

quote:
5. If he is God (Which i believe he is). Why would he ever be wrong?

Who you are doesn't change what is considered to be wrong. If I murdered a bunch of people, the masses would think that's wrong.

quote:
He created everything. He made everything. He can do as he wishes. It might be wrong to your eyes, but why should God even care of your opinion?

I created children. I can't kill them as I see fit. That's wrong in almost everyone who is a rational human being's eyes. Him caring or not would only show how much of a sociopath he is.

quote:
I mean, who are you to instruct God into what is good and bad?

Since I don't believe in God, I would say that I would be instructing the shit author on what is good and bad. (Those people really could have used a good editor)

quote:

Same point as my children argument. I gave them life, but it is not okay for me to murder them.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2017 10:21 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote