KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Andor (2022)

Andor (2022)
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Good finale. This show was great. Very surprising to see something this good from Disney considering all the mediocre carp they've been pushing out recently.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 04:34 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Yeah could even be better than the Mandalorian

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 06:49 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

My great fear is that now that the show is critically acclaimed it's going to get the attention of the Disney higherups and executive meddling will destroy season 2. "well now that we know the show sells, can't we find a way to plug our yoda show into it somehow? What about a Kanan cameo episode? Someone get Filoni on the phone!" Garbage.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ lol I was thinking if Filoni gets involved we will see Ahsoka, Vos and Maul in Season 2. Plus of course the Rebels crew.

But have to say they were very controlled here. Not a single lightsaber (although theory is Luthen carries one).

Show was definitely much more grown up than we come to expect from Disney. I do want K2S0 for season 2 though.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Okay, I'll admit it. You did good, Fox.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 12:30 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Actually i heard the series isn't getting a lot of views, i'm afraid they may cancel season 2

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It's consistently been in the top 5 most watched shows this season. But it is the least watched Star Wars live action show.

Season 2 is already confirmed. Coming out in 2023.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh perfect

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 08:12 AM
Darth Thor

I heard it will only be two seasons though, which is a bummer.

This could have easily been an epic 3 seasons.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

True, but I'm okay with 2 seasons because shows overstaying their welcome is a constant problem. Knowing that they're working against a deadline will hopefully keep the story progression focused and prevent filler episodes and screentime wasted cameos, references etc.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 08:36 PM
Darth Thor

^ I mean I would think 3 seasons wouldn't really be overstaying it's welcome. But really depends what the writer's planned story was.

If it's another 12 episodes then I guess that would be a traditional 24 episode season but a limited one off series.

But I guess the thing that gets to me is we are already at the half way point to Rogue One (I think they said the series will end just as R1 starts). Would have been nice to have an extra season of him just being in the Rebellion (preferably with K2S0).

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 28th, 2022 at 11:16 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2022 11:04 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That would be cool, but I think that you would also risk stalling out on his character arc. Andor is the protagonist, which means that he has to be the narrative focus. The first season was about how he went from being a self-serving mercenary to genuinely believing in the rebel cause. We have all of season 2 for another round of character growth (presumably, strengthening his conviction for the Alliance and showing why he was willing to die for it by R1). What would be left for his character to work toward with an entire third season? I think the writers know that since he's doomed to die within only a few years of when the show starts, they don't have the luxury of a lot of room to work with when developing plotlines.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 12:21 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm late to watching this, on ep 5 now, I think, slow start, but it's getting really good. I just watched the ep where they pull what is essentially a bank heist. Looking forward to the rest if it keeps the upward trajectory.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 19th, 2023 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm late to watching this, on ep 5 now, I think, slow start, but it's getting really good. I just watched the ep where they pull what is essentially a bank heist. Looking forward to the rest if it keeps the upward trajectory.

Yeah was a slow start, but I just love that hardcore rebellion stuff. Like I just live all those Mon Mothma scenes

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2023 11:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah was a slow start, but I just love that hardcore rebellion stuff. Like I just live all those Mon Mothma scenes
Got three more to go, this show just gets better.

Not as fun as Mandalorian, but leagues above Boba Fett and Obi Wan

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
Got three more to go, this show just gets better.

Not as fun as Mandalorian, but leagues above Boba Fett and Obi Wan

Mandalorian is more fun by design. Enjoyment from this is from better writing and character arcs. Plus just showing the other side of Star Wars, getting more into the dark side of the Rebellion.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 11:10 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Good show overall. Looking forward to season 2.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2023 10:39 PM