KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?

What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alfheim

I take it that Blue lives in America and from my understanding America can be quite racist. You do know that American soldiers were filmed doing shooting practice recently during the practice the instructor said "Imagine your in the Bronx."

Actually you have that completely wrong no expression

It was the french army who had used the thought of shooting people from the bronx, not the American army.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 09:55 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Alfheim No this is what im saying, at the end of the day racism still exists. You have white posters acting like all of a sudden with live in a utopia and racism doesnt exist because things have improved.

I take it that Blue lives in America and from my understanding America can be quite racist. You do know that American soldiers were filmed doing shooting practice recently during the practice the instructor said "Imagine your in the Bronx." Im from the Uk and I think about 4 years ago a Policeman were secretly filmed dressing in KKK outfits describing how black people should be beaten up. Furthermore you do know im into Heathenism? When I first started finding out about the religion I tried to keep an open mind because the vast majority are white, in fact ive never met a non -white heathen. Guess what? Lots of them turned out to be racist.....and you know what eventhough I gave them a chance I knew thats what would happen.

So you don't even live in America and yet you are saying that most of America is racist?!? What the f**k?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 09:58 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

I find it kind of funny that the only people who like his writing and think its good work are the ones who place a high amout of value on the emphasis of skin color.

Those who can see past their own skin think Hudlin's work has serious problems.

Another problem he has is EVERYONE seems to be an ******* or a ***** in his writing. the wakandans are stuck up elitest pricks who veiw everyone who is not them as barbarians. It reminds me of the image of the old west where indians were "savages".

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 11:17 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Originally posted by Creshosk
I find it kind of funny that the only people who like his writing and think its good work are the ones who place a high amout of value on the emphasis of skin color.

No not really.

Im not speaking for everybody else, but I personally believe his work to be true to life actually.

Those who can see past their own skin think Hudlin's work has serious problems.

He does have problems in his writing, but its not how he depicts the real world.

Another problem he has is EVERYONE seems to be an ******* or a ***** in his writing. the wakandans are stuck up elitest pricks who veiw everyone who is not them as barbarians. It reminds me of the image of the old west where indians were "savages".

I agree totally, they are stuck up elitist pricks who think the rest of the world, (including Africa) is beneath them. I mean remember, wakandans aren't sharing the cure for cancer with Nigeria, Kenya, or any other country in Africa.

But if you have a problem with them being pricks, you shouldn't have a problem with Hudlin, You should be mad at......

Take a wild guess.........

JACK KIRBY and STAN LEE

You know, they two guys that created the panther, made his country the most advance country on earth, made them pricks, made them hostile to outsiders and such (including other Africans).

I get it now, You just mad because a fictional black character and his country can be so powerful, smart, and pricks all at the same time, no matter the writer.

But wait, What about, DOOM, and NAMOR, aren't they, you know, kinda in the same boat as T'challa and his people. (Stuck up prick elitist with advanced tech who hate all outsiders because they believe they are beneath them)

Go Figure. confused

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 12:23 AM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Apolloknight
Blah blah more ignorant borderline to full on racist crap.

Yeah, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

"Its cause he's black isn't it?"

Is getting really tired and played out. change the words how you like doesn'tt change the fact that you're incapable of doing anything other than red herirng dodging the point.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 12:33 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Yeah, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

"Its cause he's black isn't it?"

Is getting really tired and played out. change the words how you like doesn'tt change the fact that you're incapable of doing anything other than red herirng dodging the point.

Im the one that dodged the point, REAALLLLLYYYYY.

Edit:

And to add on to this a little more, (because you seemed to have missed my point, but you seem pretty smart so I think you got it you just dont want to answer)

Doom, Namor and their countires are both elitist pricks, who believe most people in the world are under them (can you blame them check out History and you well see that it really isnt too uncommon for a King and his people to feel they are better then everybody).

MY point was if its okay for Namor and Doom to be like this, Why not panther.

PLZ EXPLAIN

Sig by Estacado

Last edited by Apolloknight on Jun 16th, 2007 at 01:31 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 01:19 AM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Edit:

And to add on to this a little more, (because you seemed to have missed my point, but you seem pretty smart so I think you got it you just dont want to answer)

Doom, Namor and their countires are both elitist pricks, who believe most people in the world are under them (can you blame them check out History and you well see that it really isnt too uncommon for a King and his people to feel they are better then everybody).

PLZ EXPLAIN

He's black. Black people can't be portrayed as superior to anyone. smile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 01:37 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Yup. You broke my post into three sections.

The first section was you basically admiting to not being able to see past the color of your skin by responding to my post in the first place. If it didn't apply to you, why respond? That was bright. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The second section was set up for a "not me" which you took out with the third section.

Which was a red herring dodge. shifting blame onto others does not excuse you for your own actions. Plus lets not forget that stupid "You just mad because a fictional black character and his country can be so powerful, smart, and pricks all at the same time, no matter the writer."

Yes, its because he's black. That's what you want to hear isn't it? It has nothing to do with the writing being bad, the concept being stupid. it has everything to do with the color, THE COLOR of the character's skin. It has nothing to do with them being assholes on a COSMIC scale that even Jack and stan didn't even set up. it has nothing to do with the blatent disregard for previously established continuity. It has nothing to do with the laziness, and self serving purposes of the comics... it has everything to do with the skin color and bone structure being different. Because no black person is capable of being racist. They are not capable of being despised for anything other than their skin color.

I don't like Doom, he's an *******. I'm not fond of namor. He's also an *******. and you guessed it I don't like Hudlin's portrayla of BP because he's ALSO an *******. it seems that all of the characters are assholes. T'Chaka's an *******. that general's an *******. Dondi (I hope this isn't the first time pointing out that its a not so clever change on Condi, giving white hair and blue eyes to Condi.. hmmm....) was pushiing for acts of war... there doesn't seem to be a single likeable character. Now who established that everycharacter in comics is an *******? Oh not hudlin, the fact that he's black means that he's incapable of fault.

Seriously though, he's a hack writer cause he's lazy and disregaurds that which has come before, he's not good at handling characters. it has nothing to do with his skin color.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 01:38 AM
Creshosk

Edit:

PLZ EXPLAIN
I disregarded it before because that's the DAMNED RED HERRING... don't you get it?

"Why worry about theives when murderers are running free?"
"There are people out there who murdered more than 5 people, so let's not talk about the person who murdered one."

Get it?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 01:40 AM
Creshosk

Originally posted by His Airness
He's black. Black people can't be portrayed as superior to anyone. smile
Not by people who are lazy it seems. At least not properly.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 01:41 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Yup. You broke my post into three sections.

And I'll break it down again.

The first section was you basically admiting to not being able to see past the color of your skin by responding to my post in the first place. If it didn't apply to you, why respond? That was bright. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, the only thing I admitted was the fact that I am a "Realist" and I realize that Alot of what Hudlin writes has alot of fact to it.

Believe it or not, but that "Real" world isn't full of people who warship superheros and military officers who truly live by the code of honor.

Which was a red herring dodge. shifting blame onto others does not excuse you for your own actions.

You see, this is where Im confused, I broke down your post, and responded to each of your points, unlike you. Oh wait, your mad because of this...

. Plus lets not forget that stupid "You just mad because a fictional black character and his country can be so powerful, smart, and pricks all at the same time, no matter the writer."

Turn up your Sarcasm meter, I cant make jokes now!? Besides, it shouldn't of stopped you from answering my points.

It has nothing to do with them being assholes on a COSMIC scale that even Jack and stan didn't even set up. it has nothing to do with the blatent disregard for previously established continuity.

Then why are you still reading comics!?

95% of Jack and Stans work is so far twisted if you read their versions of todays most popular superheros, and the modern superhero, you would be reading two different characters.

Point Null.

They are not capable of being despised for anything other than their skin color.

Actually, there are alot of people in Hudlins version of panther that hate or dislike T'challa, because he is a prick, Stark, and Most of the X-men are just off the top of my head.

I don't like Doom, he's an *******. I'm not fond of namor. He's also an *******. and you guessed it I don't like Hudlin's portrayla of BP because he's ALSO an *******. it seems that all of the characters are assholes. T'Chaka's an *******. that general's an *******. Dondi (I hope this isn't the first time pointing out that its a not so clever change on Condi, giving white hair and blue eyes to Condi.. hmmm....) was pushiing for acts of war... there doesn't seem to be a single likeable character. Now who established that everycharacter in comics is an *******? Oh not hudlin, the fact that he's black means that he's incapable of fault.

So you don't like A******. Ok and, 90% of the world is a bunch of a******.

What the hell, you think the world if full of flowers or some s***, you think bully's in school should share, you think that guy who cut me off today on the road really gives a D***, You think that clerk at the corner store that got robbed a few weeks back is going to get an apology from the guy that did it, You think everybody is the military is a patriot and is a perfect person!!???

Me personally, I like a******, im an a******, my wife tells me everyday, I can relate to an a******, In fact, Im thinking about becoming a Drill Sergent because im so much of an a******, therefore I like BP.

Its only bad writing because your own personal beliefs and views make it seem that way to you.

And there is nothing wrong with that, you are totally entitled to your own opinion of things and what not.

On another note.,,

The problem with you is, you think its all Hudlins doing, Honestly, Panther was this way before Hudlin ever got ahold of him.

Stark hates his a**

Most of the avengers hated his a**

Alot of the X-men hates his a**

Most of the world hates his a**

He wasn't a popular person among the team.

Seriously though, he's a hack writer cause he's lazy and disregaurds that which has come before, he's not good at handling characters. it has nothing to do with his skin color.

If thats what you think thats fine, I'll never say Huldin is a great writer, he isn't.

I do think he is alright, but that just my opinion.

That only problem I have with this Thread is people not knowing the history of the character and blaming Hudlin for everything, and then saying EVERYTHING he does is because panther is black.

don't get me wrong, I am a realist, and I will admit, Hudlin does do things, or writes panther certain ways because he is black, but then again, thats why marvel Hired him.

Sig by Estacado

Last edited by Apolloknight on Jun 16th, 2007 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:17 AM
Creshosk

whining and bullshit and martyrdom
Are you done with your pity fest? How about next time I try to speak to you you actually try and make a decent point? bullshit, whining and logical fallacies abound with your posts. Funny that...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:46 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Are you done with your pity fest? How about next time I try to speak to you you actually try and make a decent point? bullshit, whining and logical fallacies abound with your posts. Funny that...

RIIIGGHHTT,

Because everything you say is fact right.

I dont see why you hate Hudlin so much, your just like him.

You know, thinking everything you say is fact, ignoring what everybody else has to say.

Great job.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:50 AM
Creshosk

*more ignorant bullshit*
You done?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:51 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

You done?

Dude, seriously, your my f****** hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:52 AM
Creshosk

Dude, seriously, your my f****** hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't you think that if I gave a rat's ass as to what you thought I'd actually responded to your failed abortions of posts?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:54 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Don't you think that if I gave a rat's ass as to what you thought I'd actually responded to your failed abortions of posts?

.......And that ladies and gents, pretty much sums up why this Thread has failed.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 02:59 AM
Disappear

AK, have you ever been in the military?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 03:00 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

.......And that ladies and gents, pretty much sums up why this Thread has failed.
Because you're incapable of responding to a post without whining, bullshit, hypocricy or martyrdom?

No, I think the thread is still going so hasn't failed.

In fact Draco was told and pretty much decided that Hudlin's a hack writer.. so if anything it succeeded in its original goal. The OP learned what he wanted to know.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 03:02 AM
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Because you're incapable of responding to a post without whining, bullshit, hypocricy or martyrdom?

No, because when a logical and well thought out post, stating your points and my OPINIONS, key word OPINIONS (because remember, no one is truly right when it comes to the things being discussed in this thread.........but you of course) is presented to you, you dismiss it as trash.

LOL.

Why are we wasting our time.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jun 16th, 2007 03:07 AM