KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?

What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

What's So Bad About Hudlin? Really?

I haven't heard so much directed hate towards a writer since Jeph Loeb and Chuck Austen.

I don't read any of his work. I know he writes Black Panther and apparently he pissed off alot of people with something in that book. Also I've heard that he's racist or something.

So what's so bad about him?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:00 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

It's really how he messes with characterization and continuity. There's also a little bit of cockstroking towards Black Panther and Wakanda. The latest BP is a good example when Falcon sees T'Challa is part of the resistance and states that Reed and Tony should just give up now.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:11 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

For the poison pen writing of Doom as a racist ALONE, he should get axed. That, and claiming Storm was omega level. laughing

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:17 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Doom is racist. I thought he was just Richards-ist....?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:23 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Accel
It's really how he messes with characterization and continuity. There's also a little bit of cockstroking towards Black Panther and Wakanda. The latest BP is a good example when Falcon sees T'Challa is part of the resistance and states that Reed and Tony should just give up now.

Apparently Storm is gonna fight Clor right?

So he's basically like Jeph Loeb is to Superman, right?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:25 AM
Darth Vicious

Whenever I read Black panther is like watching BET or a movie made by a black director in which 95% of the cast is black. Same with BP, about 95% of the characters in the book including cameos, supporting cast and every other character in the book is either black or has black in their name. I got nothing against black people but Hudlin seems to just go for the black characters, I would like to see more ethnic diversity in his title. You dig!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:25 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

he doesn't understand the characters he writes. t'challa wins his fights and is better than everyone just because he's t'challa. there's none of the cunning or guile of priest's writing, and certainly none of the same feel to t'challa's speech or actions or anything. in each issue i've read, every white character is overtly racist and/or completely ignorant, whereas he'll siphon in characters he doesn't understand or know about simply because they're black. and don't get me started on how he's ****ed up storm.

i'm not against the idea of a strong black lead character, or the issues of racism and ignorance, being at the forefront of a comic. he's just ruining a very respectable and interesting character to do it, and it's just a ****ing shame.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:26 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Whenever I read Black panther is like watching BET or a movie made by a black director in which 95% of the cast is black. Same with BP, about 95% of the characters in the book including cameos, supporting cast and every other character in the book is either black or has black in their name. I got nothing against black people but Hudlin seems to just go for the black characters, I would like to see more ethnic diversity in his title. You dig!

I guess. But doesn't it take place in Wakanda, Africa. Isn't the majority of the population black, anyway?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:26 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Disappear
he doesn't understand the characters he writes. t'challa wins his fights and is better than everyone just because he's t'challa. there's none of the cunning or guile of priest's writing, and certainly none of the same feel to t'challa's speech or actions or anything. in each issue i've read, every white character is overtly racist and/or completely ignorant, whereas he'll siphon in characters he doesn't understand or know about simply because they're black. and don't get me started on how he's ****ed up storm.

i'm not against the idea of a strong black lead character, or the issues of racism and ignorance, being at the forefront of a comic. he's just ruining a very respectable and interesting character to do it, and it's just a ****ing shame.

Ah. So he's "Y'all is racist, crackahs!" Black Panther now? And all the white people are stupid whenever he's in his presence?

How did he f**k up Storm by the way? Besides making her married and all?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:27 AM
-K-M-

Apparently Wakanda had the cure for cancer, but BP refuses to give it to the rest of the world.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:28 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Apparently Wakanda had the cure for cancer, but BP refuses to give it to the rest of the world.

What the f**k?

WHY?!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:28 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Draco69
What the f**k?

WHY?!

I forget the full reason, just they weren't playing fair or something like that.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:29 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

What the f**k?

WHY?!
It was a throw away line to show how clever Wakanda and BP are compared to everyone else; even though it went against continuity (iirc BP was among those who said a cure for cancer was beyond them during Mar-Vell's death) and just made BP seem like an ass in general. There are a lot of those.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:30 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It was a throw away line to show how clever Wakanda and BP are compared to everyone else; even though it went against continuity and just made BP seem like an ass in general. There are a lot of those.

Yeah. But why?! Doesn't Black Panther care about all the dying people across the world?

He's just withholding it to spite the rest of the world and be arrogant about it?

What the f**k?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:31 AM
What If...

I've also noticed he draws white men very pig like.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:31 AM
What If... is currently offline Click here to Send What If... a Private Message Find more posts by What If... Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Yeah. But why?! Doesn't Black Panther care about all the dying people across the world?

He's just withholding it to spite the rest of the world and be arrogant about it?

What the f**k?
Yes. Rather than show BP has cunning and guile and intelligence through good writing, Hudlin builds up BP by bringing down his opponents and constantly puts in little throw away things like the cancer thing to make us think BP is very very clever.

On his honeymoon with Storm for some reason BP is reading an advanced physics text book on the beach. no expression

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:34 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

the U.S. government, as seen in black panther, is full of racists who seem to only hate t'challa and wakanda for being black and better than them. doom [a former colleague of t'challa's] made overtly racist comments about t'challa and africans in general, in front of t'challa and storm no less. captain america, a character with whom t'challa shares a brother's bond, blindly attacked BP. he said something along the lines of "anyone can wear the suit," blah blah blah. namor wouldnt stop gushing over t'challa, urging him to lead a multi-national front against the registration act, despite being portrayed [much more in character] in the main civil war title as not giving a shit. i could go on...

storm went from staunchly independent pseudo-feminist hypocrite to blushing bride in one issue. flat. she, literally, will not get off t'challa's cock. "my husband" this and "i'm a queen" that. goddamn. you just have to read it to get it, i guess.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:34 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

What the f**k?

That's what I got out of it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:35 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Disappear
the U.S. government, as seen in black panther, is full of racists who seem to only hate t'challa and wakanda for being black and better than them. doom [a former colleague of t'challa's] made overtly racist comments about t'challa and africans in general, in front of t'challa and storm no less. captain america, a character with whom t'challa shares a brother's bond, blindly attacked BP. he said something along the lines of "anyone can wear the suit," blah blah blah. namor wouldnt stop gushing over t'challa, urging him to lead a multi-national front against the registration act, despite being portrayed [much more in character] in the main civil war title as not giving a shit. i could go on...

storm went from staunchly independent pseudo-feminist hypocrite to blushing bride in one issue. flat. she, literally, will not get off t'challa's cock. "my husband" this and "i'm a queen" that. goddamn. you just have to read it to get it, i guess.

Jesus. Hudlin deserves every bit of hate he gets. Everything here sounds just so wrong.

Captain America, a racist?

mad

Hopefully, this is all gets retconned by the Watcher or something....

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:37 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Apparently Storm is gonna fight Clor right?

So he's basically like Jeph Loeb is to Superman, right?
Really ten bucks says Hudlin makes Clor a racist and that was why he killed Goliath.

Storm will win because she has the power and voice of the people.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 01:51 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote